Not a big fan of the wolf head too.

It's a great sculpt, don't get me wrong, but if changes the dynamic of the piece and it's dimension. It makes him look a little cartoony to my taste.

How about displaying it on the shoulder pad?

Wish me luck I'm about to try to start sculpting tails and tiny horns for daemonettes and I have no clues on how to do that :)

Wow, that's looking excellent!

Suggestion on the wolf's head - try throwing it over a shoulder, rather than having it hang above the head. Terminator heads already sit so far down between the shoulders, I find having the wolf pelt on top almost makes it look like it's the real face.

I know what you mean, but Its Logan Grimnar, the placement of the wolf's head is kinda set

Ah, ok, didn't catch that the first time through. Though, really, Grimnar can probably wear his wolf hat however he likes, and ain't no one gonna say peep. msn-wink.gif

Wow. I... Huh. I'm actually surprised that I like a new GW model. I don't believe yours needs to be over the top as much as this new Grimnar, and there really is something to the whole less is more thing.

Perhaps a trip back in time a little bit when Grimnar first became the Great Wolf, or whatever they call him, and before he accumulated 150 lbs of bling.

Kinda weird they went with a red ax...

Anyway, the ante has been upped.  Rise to the challenge :D

Let's see...of all the things about the new model, blurry as the picture is, the bulk of it is impressive.  He's a solid slab.  Built like an ice poo-house.  Yours still looks like he could move. A tad less imposing, but more practical.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived