Hello from the grimdark north of England

Pigshead

Hi all! I said hello over in the dark angels section and thought I would do the same here.

I'm a 35 year old chap, living with his future wife and two cats in sunny S:cusshorpe (it's not quite as bad as the television makes out). I've had a love for 40k since I was about 12, back when I discovered space crusade, then rogue trader, space hulk, space marine, etc etc. but a lack of people to play with and a lack of money meant I sort of drifted away from it.

Last year I kind of bumped into someone I have known for years, the subject of 40k came up, I discovered he still plays and here I am. Been playing once, sometimes twice a week since last march, assembled a sizeable dark angels force in that time, and decided I wanted to become part of a larger community.

So hi again, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome. S:cusshorpe? Is that S:cusshorpe? If so I'm just the other side of the Humber in sunny (for now) 'ull. If not I have no idea :)

Your story sounds familiar to mine. Heroquest, Space Crusade, WFB (didn't play 40k much), then give up for years. Then some friends of my wife picked it up again, along with my brother and I had got a proper job...

Edit: I guess I was right with the location as the filter changed mine as well :D.

Archived