Independent Warp Entity

So, can something like that exist? There's obviously the big 4 but there are also the Chaos Wastes and other parts we probably have no idea about. Is there a possibility that something minor is born due to the collective mind of a planet or maybe the planet were aligned or deus ex machina.

My plan for my potential new Daemon army to have a Heavy Metal themed force where some unknown entity possessed a abandoned forge world from the dark ages somewhere on the fringe and produce mech stuff. Imagine a two-thirds machine one-third flesh daemon price.. something you generally find on a Judas Priest cover.

I do not want to align the entity with any god because I want to make the allegiance of my force ambiguous.

Any comments are welcome ;)

You could in unbound with an unmarked Chaos Lord and an insane amount of scoring jump pack Furies who are demons who do not need to be marked. I think they are like 4-6 points each so you could fit more of them than the opponent could shoot if you jump them around in cover and have them deepstrike objectives from reserves etc.

The Orks have Gork and Mork, and the Eldar gods were once a thing (Isha and Cegorach are still kicking around, and Khaine is here and there in his own small way.) Given that there are known gods that are not part of the Big Four, one could infer the possibility of other minor gods from other races. I get the feeling that any time a minor god is mentioned in the fluff it's supposed to be either a mask or avatar of one of the Big Four. I remember reading somewhere (old C:CD?) that in the Warp little domains are formed and destroyed all the time as different intelligences emerge and attempt to impose their will. I guess those would qualify as "lesser gods," and their ultimate lack of staying power might not mean anything to perhaps many hundreds of generations of followers given the scale of time involved in galactic civilization and/or the malleability of time as a concept within the Warp.

Also there is the Forge of Souls to think about. They exist separate of the Big Four, none of whom wants to risk getting them mad. They're sort of gods of their own concept of mechanical warfare.

In the old book Lost and the damned you could even create your own god and daemons. So according to it, it exits several other gods in the warp but no one is bigger then the four named guys.

Slaves to Darkness talks a bit about other warp entities, suggesting that many believe other entities exist. Others suggest other 'entities' are simply facets of the four major powers, or even that the four gods are just facets of a single Beast. It also suggests that players should feel free to create their own gods.

Other old Chaos codices had references to minor gods as well, with at least one even having a piece of wargear with a reference to some (Spiky Bits in the 3rd edition codex, might have also been in 3.5).

So, can something like that exist? There's obviously the big 4 but there are also the Chaos Wastes and other parts we probably have no idea about. Is there a possibility that something minor is born due to the collective mind of a planet or maybe the planet were aligned or deus ex machina.

My plan for my potential new Daemon army to have a Heavy Metal themed force where some unknown entity possessed a abandoned forge world from the dark ages somewhere on the fringe and produce mech stuff. Imagine a two-thirds machine one-third flesh daemon price.. something you generally find on a Judas Priest cover.

I do not want to align the entity with any god because I want to make the allegiance of my force ambiguous.

Any comments are welcome msn-wink.gif

Fluffwise, yes. Malice(Better remembered as Malal) exists as such an entity in current 40K fluff. I forgot the title(I think it was "The Labyrinth"? In one of the Space Marine anthologies) but that is how we see him reintroduced into the background. We also see existence of Tetsyuga(sp?) in the Blood Gorgon series who acts as a patron deity for the Renegades. And it is also plausible that the daemon that pops up in Gav Thorpe's Avenging Sons shorts(also found in the Space Marine anthologies) is a minor warp entity as well.

Pretty sure Zuvassin and Necoho *tips fedora* still exist as well. They just don't have any/few followers due to their nature.

Malice is just a bad Name for a Chaos God and should be disregarded imho.

• 3 weeks later...

I read ages ago online about a fan creation of a Chaos God of metal, called something like Verthex.

Like the old summoning rules, the daemons gained a +1 to show up if a vehicle was destroyed, the lesser daemons were described as the sentient remains of tanks/scrap metal on the battlefield that come together into humanoid shapes.

I cant seem to find it. It was a long time ago.

Archived