Raven Guard 3400

Komrk

This is a list I'm looking at using for a 9k per side game. My IG/Inq friend is bringing 4500 and my other teammate is bringing 1100 of DKoK. Their main battle plan is protect the big guns since they both brought a good bit of artillery and the IG brought quite a few tanks. We're fighting CSM, DA, and Tau. Tau list is definitely 3k, most likely the others will split the remaining half way. Here's my rough list. One question is with the RoW it says no more than one Consul or something of the sort. So I'm not sure how to take that, is it no more than one of one type or only one consul is allowed period, that may shift my list around a little.

HQ

Praetor

Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Archaeotech Pistol, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Combi-Plas, Cameleoline, Infravisor

Command Squad

4x Combi-Plas, 5x Power Swords, 5x Combat Shields, Melta Bombs

Master of Signal

Artificer Armor, Cameleoline, Refractor Field

Vigilator

Artificer Armor, Refractor Field, Cameleoline, Melta Bombs

Elites

Apothecarion Detachment

2x Apothecaries w/ Artificer Armor, Comi-plas, Power Sword

Contemptor Mortis

Kheres Assault Cannons, Havoc Launcher, Extra Armor

Mor Deythan Strike Squad

7x Shotguns, 3x Volite Chargers, Shade w/ Melta Bombs, Artificer Armor

Darkwing Storm Eagle (Dedicated Transport)

Extra Armor

Troops

Tactical Squad x2

10 Marines, Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Sgt w/ Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs

Recon Squad

10 Marines w/ Sniper Rifles, Cameleoline, Nuncio-Vox, Sgt w/ Artificer Armor

Fast Attack

Tarantula Sentry Battery

3x Tarantulas w/ Concealment, Hyperios Air Defense Missiles

Legion Seeker Squad

10x Combi-plas, Nuncio Vox, Drop Pod, Sgt w/ Artificer Armor

Dark Fury Assault Squad

10x Dark Furies, CotS w/ Melta Bombs

How will your allies be playing? Since they're guard/DKoK I expect mass gunlines? If thats the case why not make a Decapitation strike uber-list and try to take out the Tau since their long range fire support is what's the most likely to bring the pain. It also lets you bypass the CSM and DA players with the amount of Fliers and Deep Strikes you'd be able to bring.

To that effect, since Decap only has one HS slot, you try to max out on fliers with a Fire Raptor in HS, as many Storm Eagles / Darkwings as you can stomach all loaded for specific roles such as Anti-infantry or anti-armor. They'll also provide good anti-air, though all the Tau interceptor fire might ruin you day.

Also consider Alverax Naun since he gets a Strato-vox which is an 18" nuncio (no scatter on deepstrike) and provides other benefits.

If you do go with the above maxing out on fliers, think about replacing the Contemptor-Mortis (despite how much I and almost everyone here loves them) and maybe get 3 Rapier Batteries - for one Elites slot - to use as your anti-tank/anti-infantry. Ie: Thudd-gun/Graviton gun drawing LoS from Alverax because of his uber-vox.

And as discussed in the RG Decapitation Strike thread (which both of you posted in tongue.png ) since units disembarking get Counter Attack, why not gear up the Mor Deythan with combi-X, X being the attachment you think you'll need, and have another Squad of Mor Deythan equipped as above in your list. This also lets you take more Darkwings tongue.png

I'm not saying I'm trying to cheese out fliers and get as many as possible in a single list....but...thats exactly what I'm doing.

Just Spit-balling ideas on how you could specialize your list while making it fluffy and work in concert with what I *THINK* your allies will be bringing.

Note : if you don't have that many Storm Eagles / Fire Raptors..yeah throw my suggestions out the window I'd rather you NOT spend hundreds upon Hundreds of pound (!) on them....unless you want to ;D

Again, If going with the above, maybe Drop the Recon Marines and get 2+ 20 man Tac Blobs and use them as fire support / backfield units to essentially mow down incoming enemies with Fury Of The Legion. At this point you'll likely be out-shooting the guard players tongue.png

Also is your Command Squad going to be rolling with the Preator or strike out on their own? How will they be moved across the board?

As for the RoW query, I think its one Consul Max, no mater what option is chosen, though you can still max out the HQ slots with anything else. Though sometimes its specified if a type of consul counts for this limit or not, usually the Champion Sub-spec.

That's it for my sporadic-all-over-the-place post that probably repeated a lot of things you already knew. But hey, you might've missed something or haven't yet considered it. If that's the case glad I could help. If not, :(

The IG player is going half regular IG, Half Elysians so his infantry will be holding the line to defend the big guns with a bunch of empty Valks flying in. The DKoK player is mostly artillery with some engineers and maybe another infantry squad so I imagine he'll be sitting back.

I only have one Storm Eagle and over all pretty limited on my choices. My command squad will be running up through cover to get close/ into their lines and mess stuff up along with the IG player's Priests/Inquisitors/Coteaz and other stuff squad. Praetor will be with the Dark Fury Squad

If thats the case, you could make a Troop Heavy, vehicle light, mass infiltrating army that gets right up there ASAP and just FoTL units to hell.

So maybe use your Elites slots for more Anti-armor in the form of Contemptors and Rapier Batteries.

Try to stuff in as many 20 man Tacs as you can since they can Infiltrate with LA:RG. Support them with Apothecaries so that if poop hits the fan they don't evaporate.

Again, Maybe make the Mor Deythan another Combi-weapon squad much like your command squad but with a complementary attachment. Though more combi-plas wouldn't hurt.

Since these aren't other 30k armies, meltas are relevant once again! Though you do already have 14 with the Seekers.

On the subject of seekers, why not make them pie-plate dispensers and save some points with just giving them standard bolter but spam Tempest Bolts to evaporate the Tau's troops - if he's not running Farsight for Crisis Suit troops. In that case scorpius Bolts. Have the MoS maybe roll with them to give them BS 6 (if only they were IF for BS 7 since +1bs for firing bolt weapons).

This is all thats coming to mind as of now.

Seekers are going straight for the Riptide turn 1. Hitting on 2's and wounding on 3's, rerolling on 1's with the preferred enemy against a single unit will be nice, if I get them nice and close they could get off 20 Plasma shots. That's pretty much 20 guaranteed hits, 15ish wounds, 10 unsaved with 5++

Yeah, I saw similar posts for that - from 1d4chan no less. And it WILL work, wonderfully, but don't just use them as a suicide squad to take out riptides. They also have some nice special issue ammo and after seeing what the Seekers do to that tide don't expect it to work again in any subsequent games with the people watching or participating :p 

Well, it makes for a spectacular one trick pony! And besides now you can use seekers as a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX in future games devil.gif

Archived