Bowlzee's Emperor's Children

Bowlzee

I've started working on my 30K Emperor's Children.

I have written two articles on them so far.

I've finished Modelling two Contemptors. The green stuff is still curing on the second Contemptor hence I didn't photograph it with Weapons yet.

DSC_0473.JPG

DSC_0485.JPG

I will be undercoating them tomorrow morning, ready for painting. I can't wait!

Great looking Contemptors! I've just had a look through your blog and this project looks really promising. I'm particularly keen to see your version of Eidolon.

Keep up the solid work and get some paint on those dreads! :)

God, those models...damn your extortionate shipping and handling, Forge World!

Love the poses and the bases.

If you live in Australia the costs is very similar to 40K pricing... Hence why I'm seeing a lot more Heresy players on this side of the world. It was an easy decision to choose between a 30K force or another 40K force...

The Contemptor is easily my favourite model.

Weapons complete. Just need to to burn, smoke weathering on the nozzles etc. Awaiting some pigments to be delivered.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oCdjvDgi8mk/U96uPk8SkbI/AAAAAAAAIqI/XGXG1Yribkc/s1600/DSC_0631.JPG

More base paints are on the Contemptor also.

DSC_0635.JPG

More pictures on my blog.

Getting Closer! I still have the parchment to do on the front of the model. I haven't fully decided on the bases yet... I may need to experiment with them smile.png

DSC_0679_1.jpg

DSC_0677.JPG

I'm using the Tamiya Weathering Master kit.

DSC_0666.JPG

DSC_0665.JPG

I have to say it's awesome for beginners! No need for Isopropyl alcohol, just use the tool to apply it to the model. once you're happy just seal the model as normal.

i've only used the 'soot' right now, to add some scorch marks on the weapons and power plant, I won't add any to the feet until I'de decided on the base colours.

DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0658.JPG

The Contemptor is pretty much finished. After taking the photo I realised I want to add more weathering 'dust' on it's feet so it stands out more.

DSC_0715.JPG

I would love people's opinion on the base:

DSC_0704.JPG

I feel it could do with some more colour?

DSC_0710.JPG

Maybe this colour is too brown? maybe a greener colour would be better?

As always, more pictures on my blog.

I've ordered a greener grass for the base. I've kept the base Daemon colour as it is, it links really well to my Slaanesh Daemon army.

I've started work on the second Contemptor while I wait for the grass to turn up.

DSC_0721.JPG

Here they are side by side:

DSC_0719.JPG

Link to blog post.

Contemptor Finished.

DSC_0761.JPG

I've now started work on my Lord Commander Eidolon conversion. I'm using the Sanguinary Guard box set as my base for Eidolon, with blood drops removed of course. I'm a novice when it comes to green stuff but I'm throwing myself at the challenge.

First off I'm working on the legs. I HATE the knees that are on the Sanguinary guard, they look like after thoughts from the designer, "bugger, I didn't pimp up the knee pads....err... I will just use my sculpting tool and put a cross in there..." 

So I'm shaving them down and trying to sculpt some MKIV knees. My first attempt is below, beside the original knee. Do I have the sizing right? Any tips on improving it?

DSC_0749.JPG

DSC_0747.JPG

DSC_0740.JPG

It looks like it could stand to be smoothed out a bit more. Can't wait to see what he looks like when he's finished.

I had to give up smooth with the tool, as I ended up just pushing the green stuff to the side and warping the shape. I will file it down once it's cured :)

Looks good mate! The new knee pad looks very MkIV, which is great. Fine grade sanding paper is real useful for smoothing greenstuff areas after they've cured.

Great work of the Contemptors as well :)

Here is my WIP Lord Commander Eidolon. I'm looking for feedback. Atm I think he looks too much like a Sanguinary guard... Which he basically is. I think perhaps his helmet is what does it. 

Anyway here are the pictures:

DSC_0766.JPG

DSC_0772.JPG

DSC_0771.JPG

DSC_0773.JPG

Archived