Kill team

auwombat

Greeting Brothers, well put my hand up for a kill team tournament in a weeks time trouble is have never played kill teams! So I need help from my learned brothers what is the best set up to take on all comers, the theoretical! 

I run C:SM and have most things except fast attack.

Was thinking a 5 man tac squad = 70 plus LoD basic = 125

or 10 tacs = 140 plus 5 scouts with sniper rifles = 60 

or 6 tacs with melta = 94 plus rhino = 35 plus 5 scouts with sniper rifles and camo cloaks = 70

just my thoughts really need to hear from my more battle experienced brothers though I do like my LoD, thanks, cheers

I play Wolves so not sure. I've only played Kill Team against my cousin's Chaos Marines. A long range weapon is handy, I like the idea of a missile launcher or heavy bolter for this game type. My flamer wielding Grey Hunter took out more CSM than any of my other figures, would suggest taking one.

I don't know if scouts bs3 is a problem in this format. Wanted to try mine, but a Lone Wolf was a better choice for me.

A little time on Battlescribe to see what I could come up with, do you have bikes?

1 Tactical squad of 5 with Rocket Launcher

85 points

1 bike squad of 3 with 1 flamer and 1 heavy bolter attack bike

113 points

I don't know if bikes are a good idea or not. I was trying to find a 2 wound model, get a long range shooter or two, and a flamer in this force

From my limited experience i have found bodies and templates are all that seems to actually matter. A scout detachment bring bodies on thr cheap, and a tac squad is perfect, but beware of thr IG blob, cause it won't care about your tiny army.

Archived