Knight Paladin

Yesterday i noticed that the rapid fire battle cannon of the Paladin in HH3 Extermination has only S6. I send an Email to FW to ask if this is a mistake. The answer was that this difference is intention. The weapon has been improved over 10000 years.

The knights are from the Age of Technology. Some of them are 15000 years old. And they try to tell me that they had been recently improved? In an age of technological stagnation? Is it only me or did anyone else think that this explanation sound stupid!?

With the different RFBC the Paladin could be the solution for the Thagmata - Horde-problem. I think hordes are the biggest problem we have to deal with our AdMech lists. We have lots of anti-tank options but against lots of infantry we have our problems.

Thallaxii have not enought output, Adsecularis with their low BS will not hit enought, only the Castellax with MBC provides us with something to keep hordes at bay.

My first planning for my Thagmata includes a Knight Errant. 5" melta blast sounds good to me. But i always thought about how to deal with hordes? Krios battle tank and Thanatar are two other options. Each have a 5" template but will this be enought against 30 orks?

Now i plan to use the Paladin 3 5" templates should deal with a huge ork mob very easy.

Paladin for hordes, Thallaxii and Castellax against vehicles, could this work?

• 4 weeks later...

Mechanicum can deal with hordes remarkably easy, Dark Bjoern. You forgot about myrmidon destructors with volkite culverins. They actually have an advantage over blast weapons because opponents can have models spread out to minimize hits from blasts. Plus, the myrmidons with culverins hit and wound on a 2+ with preferred enemy on top of that..

Paladins seem better off hunting monstrous creatures or power armor squads

Mechanicum can deal with hordes remarkably easy, Dark Bjoern. You forgot about myrmidon destructors with volkite culverins. They actually have an advantage over blast weapons because opponents can have models spread out to minimize hits from blasts. Plus, the myrmidons with culverins hit and wound on a 2+ with preferred enemy on top of that..

Agreed. Between the four S6 AP5 Deflagrate shots per model, Preferred Enemy BS5 meaning they will hit and wound with almost every shot, and their crazy range...horde armies will melt before they ever make charge range. Thanatar also cleans up infantry very nicely, with ETA it forces -1 and re-rolls to cover saves, and S8 AP2 large blast barrage is hell on everything including Terminators.