Tribute Minis for Chaos ETL III

Kilofix

Working thread for Chaos minis I'll be doing as a tribute to those who had the highest points.

Chaos Undivided (top socring):

• Augustus - Night Lords 30K MK IV, Jump Pack (single turbine), Bolt Pistol / Lightning Claw - Going to do him 'pristine' (like HH3 pg 106 except or a couple trophy skulls) - Build done
  • Capitano - Night Lords 30K MK IV, Plasma Pistol / Chain Axe - Helmet - Red Hands / Pointing - Build done
  • Fasha - Juggerlord, Power Fist / Lightning Claw - Build done ++Mailed
  • Steve - Iron Warrior 30K Cataphractii, Combi Plasma / Power Shovel, Servo Harness - Build done ++Mailed
  • Thamier - SoH to Black Legion 30K MK IV, Bolt Pistol / Power Sword, cape (or similar to denote rank) - Build done ++Mailed

Khorne (top scoring):

• Ben - World Eaters 30K Cataphractii, Lightning Claw / Chainfist, weathered - Build done ++Mailed

Nurgle (top scoring):

• Chaeron - Death Guard 30K Cataphractii, Combi-Bolt / Power Sword, unhelmeted, weathered - Build done ++Mailed

Tzeentch (top scoring):

• MyDaemon - Thousand Sons Sorc 40K Cataphractii - Combi-Melta / Force Sword, Helmet, Pristine - Build done

Slaanesh (top scoring)

• Daemonclaw - World Eaters 30K MK IV, Jump Pack (single turbine), Dual Lightning Claw, bare head, weathered - Build done

For overall Motivation and for Motivational Vow:

• Forte - Tartaros, Combi-Melta, Power Axe - Repainting head ++Mailed
  • Dark Apostle - Word Bearers 40K, Combi-Plasma / Power Maul, bare head, pristine - Build done ++Mailed
  • Uprising - 30K MK III, Heavy Chainsword / Bolt Pistol - Build done ++Remailed
  • Slave to Darkness - 30K MK III, Combi-Flamer / Bolt-Pistol - Build done

If any of the above doesn't look right, let me know

----

Armor options:

Terminator (Tartaros or Cataphractii) or Power (MK III, MK IV, MK VII or Word Bearer specific, and with or without

Jump Pack)

Helmet options:

Helmeted or unhelmeted / bare head

Right Hand options:

Bolt Pistol, Combi-Bolter, Combi-Plasma, Combi-Melta, Combi-Flamer, Plasma Pistol

Right and / or Left Hand options:

Chainsword, Chain Axe, Lightning Claw, Power Sword, Power Axe, Power Maul, Power Fist, Chain Fist (latter for

Terminator only)

Color Scheme options:

Any of the 9 original Chaos Legions in 30K or 40K scheme, weathered or pristine

Basecoated. Will take better pics once they have some layers (sorry black basecoat is kinda hard to see).

From L to R; "The Dark Apostle", "The Augustus", "The Steve" (with Power Shovel), "The Daemonclaw", "The Ben", "The Forte" (didn't like his old head, so redoing it .... or not), "The Slave" (good looking, going bald, slightly overweight, good dancer):

14564739249_b23aa9c07b_b.jpg

Sorting through bits for custom specs was kinda fun:

14728390796_dc2ac0b2ce_z.jpg

MK IV Single Turbine Jump Packs are totally boss btw:

14749109754_944baf362f_b.jpg

Close up of "The Steve" - large vows => fittingly large model :

14748287071_1eb8deae26_b.jpg

With all five vows completed, I humbly submit the following: Cataphractii Terminator armour, unhelmeted, with combi-bolter, a Power Sword - painted in a weathered 30k Death Guard scheme!

I need a Legion Praetor, so I'm sure you can do him justice! Hope that's not a problem? Thank you for your generosity!

With all five vows completed, I humbly submit the following: Cataphractii Terminator armour, unhelmeted, with combi-bolter, a Power Sword - painted in a weathered 30k Death Guard scheme!

I need a Legion Praetor, so I'm sure you can do him justice! Hope that's not a problem? Thank you for your generosity!

You got it!

Though I'm slightly intimidated given the billion Death Guard TDAs you've already built that are awesome.

You got it!

Though I'm slightly intimidated given the billion Death Guard TDAs you've already built that are awesome.

It's only going to be leading one of the largest Death Guard collections around. No sweat ;)

'The Capitano' and 'The Thamier'.

For 'The Capitano' - I did Plasma Pistol with Chain attachment and other hand pointing as I couldn't figure out how to otherwise do Plasma Pistol, Chain Axe and pointing. Unless I instead gave him a holstered Plasma Pistol, or I have the Chain Axe on his back (or unless I give him three arms). Let me know Capitano if you want it changed - it won't be a problem.

Edit - Oh wait, Capitano wanted the Axe pointing at something. No problem, revising.

For 'The Thamier' - I used MK IV but I have him a 40K right shoulder pad with post-heresy Chaos Sgt. icon since he's now Black Legion. I also gave him a top knot since its Sons of Horusy. Othewise Bolt Pistol, Power Sword and cape (no less) as requested. I'll paint him primarily Black Legion but his face plate hands and knees will be SoH teal.

Not pictured but I also added more spikes to 'The Daemonclaw' mini.

Still working on 'The Chaeron' and 'The MyDaemon'.

Haven't heard from Fasha as to what I can build for him - let me know if anyone else reaches him.

14636174737_942e120de7_b.jpg

14820355404_fffbc080e3_b.jpg

Ok here's Axe pointing. Once the green stuff dries, I'll re-sand and resmooth out the joint. (Too bad though, I was hoping to do 3 arms tongue.png ).

14822617572_423b025706_b.jpg

really nice! very cool, his back foot is hard to see, so cant tell if he is leaning to the side cause of movement or if his boltpist side is just a tad too heavy.

but other than that he is awsome nice touch with the shoulderpads and the topknot, love the cape, he just looks great.

looking forward to seeing him with some paint on

gj kilo

hehe, cant wait to see all the great stuff waiting here and for all the ETL results.

and what will you do with the minis after they are done kilo starting new armies?

Do you mean these tribute minis? I want to get some 'group photos' once they are all done then I'm going to mail the respective minis to each of you (if you guys want them). If you don't want them mailed to you, they're going to end up in some weird Daemonette, Black Templar dioramas. So I really suggest you take them :P

Otherwise, me myself, I'm probably going to finish building the remainder of my 30K DG army. Then I'm going to build a Chaos Lord biker gang - Khorne on Jugger, Tzeentch on Jetbike, Slaanesh on Unicorn, Nurgle on Slug. Or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Straightened "The Thamier"

14947820372_4d78d0aff5_z.jpg

Built "The Chaeron" and "The MyDaemon"

14761564458_4a4dfaa92f_b.jpg

Had to give "The Chaeron" a cape too and "The MyDaemon" a spell book

14948184685_d2caafd5cd_z.jpg

14947843022_59341fae4f_z.jpg

Let me know if anyone wants any changes - there's still time.

Also - I'm looking for 'community' input on what to build Fasha.

Archived