Tribute Minis for Chaos ETL III

Kilofix

That's insanely good. I cannot wait to see those painted.

Make Fasha a dog?

Ok then, Behold the Magnanimity that is "The Fashalon"!

14949124252_be1957bed9_c.jpg

Oh sorry, sorry - wrong picture.

This is "The Fashalon":

14762921407_86ba766fe4_b.jpg

Deserving for a 10K Vow I think.

I'll get paint on all of them shortly, bear with me.

Should be all done by mid-Sept latest, then photos, then I'll mail 'em to folks.

I laughed at the idea of that first model painted in Iron Warriors colors. As to the actual model, he looks cool; I like it. As a side note, I went riding for the first time a week ago and found I like English Tack better than Western. What does this have to do with anything you ask? Simple, the model clearly has English Tack on the Juggernaut. As an amusing side, while a bit of jeweler's chain in the left hand would sensible for reins, the same in the right would be hilarious in a "whoa, why are you not stopping" theme similar to my painting. laugh.png

Ok last two before painting begins in earnest:

"The Uprising" and "The SlaveToDarkness" - for Motivational activities during and post ETL.

I just forget which one is which.

14775880830_ddaa431507_b.jpg

And I kept impaling myself when I switched from English to Western.

Edit - And fixed:

14776196527_2d12f0af32_c.jpg

Considering 40K, I would imagine western tack would have a "chainhorn" or "powerhorn" making such an issue particularly painful.

Also, wow, I was only making a joke about my OCD painting with the reins (as I was off on a tack about tack), but that small change really does change the entire model's dynamic; it changes it from a look of uncontrolled rage to one of focused wrath, almost as though he is plowing through a schola of blind war orphans instead of blindly crashing through a medicae facility. Really something there. Also as a side note, may I see a photo of the back as I am curious to what the other shoulder pad and back pack look like, but that can wait until after the painting is complete.

Now I just need to find some fleeing blind orphan models for when he arrives tongue.png.

Built "The Chaeron" and "The MyDaemon"

14761564458_4a4dfaa92f_b.jpg

Had to give "The Chaeron" a cape too and "The MyDaemon" a spell book

Cool. Like the crest. Kinda reminds me of this guy.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r612/MyDaemonCallista/Chaos_Cult_Terminator_zps9c7975d0.jpg

Might I suggest trimming a bit more off the bottom of the crest, so that it matches the width of the armour!?

Ta.

Ok last two before painting begins in earnest:

"The Uprising" and "The SlaveToDarkness" - for Motivational activities during and post ETL.

I just forget which one is which.

14775880830_ddaa431507_b.jpg

ill go for that sexy geezer on the right, damn he must be a proper heartbreaker

• 2 weeks later...

hows it going kilo?

Patience!! teehee.gif

Hey working on em bro. Hopefully done - by next week. Got distracted abit by Threads & Thrusters, Daemon Pact and a big Apoc game this weekend for which I'm painting another Knight.

Almost done with Augustus, Capitano, Thamier and Steve - just need to finish some highlighting.

Rest will be done by end of week.

Question - Do any on of you want OSL Power Weapons? And, if so, what color?

15008912027_a3aa6b6c6a_b.jpg

Mine isn't World Eaters, Uprising, he is an Iron Warriors fella who kinda got hooked on Khorne (and trampling blind orphans) laugh.png. I'm not sure what direction Kilofix's going to head off in and that what makes this so cool. The red base coat might be indicative of a red tint to the power armor, it might be just for the juggernaut, it could be that was just a convenient color to base with at the time, it could be something else entirely, who knows? The excitement of seeing these updates and not knowing is half the fun.

Archived