WHAT...!? WHAT THE HELL OF THIS..!? 

Your skill using green stuff is TRULY AMAZING! 

My friend making Salamander chapter and he want some Scaled Cloak but he doesn't had skill of like this.

If he seen this post, maybe he passed out.. 

Truly awesome work. I really hope see next!

Looking really good Ashmantle.  The scales are near perfect on his tabard and the helmets for the librarians and for the serg is great.  I love seeing more from you.

When you're sculpting filligree on the POMMEL of the frakking chainsword, I can tell you two things:

1) you are supremely skilled, and

2) you have too much free frakking time on your hands! msn-wink.gif

Great work! Very inspirational.

@HardCoil

Thanks.

@etzchayim

Thank you. smile.png

@Acez

Thanks.

@Peredyne

Thank you.

Another small update:

gallery_68666_10834_67865.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_3033.jpg

Not yet glued together and I think in the final version I will rotate his head a little more to the left, but this is roughly how he will look. What do you guys think of the stylised flame?

gallery_68666_10834_162434.jpg

After adding the scales, the head was a bit too flat, so it got a little more depth.

gallery_68666_10834_105524.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_8044.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_306159.jpg

The letters on the Deathwatch shoulderpad need a bit more polish, but overall I'm happy how they turned out. Might have to do some more work on the soles...

gallery_68666_10081_3706.jpg

gallery_68666_10081_41908.jpg

And a little more work on one of the librarian helmets.

C&C welcome.

@geektom

Thanks. smile.png

@furstyferret

Thank you.

Yet another small update:

gallery_68666_10834_167704.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_50156.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_91069.jpg

A bit more work on the chapter badge and a start at further ornamentation of the Deathwatch shoulderpad.

And a groupshot of the rest of the squad, this will probably be the last picture of them before I prime them.

gallery_68666_10834_381326.jpg

Comments, critique, questions and suggestions are all welcome.

Everything's looking great Ashmantle. I've started taking up the knife and building new models but I don't think they'll ever look as good as these will. These are really good Salamanders!

I like to think my GS skills are pretty good.

Or should I say liked?

You've ruined that illusion. I'll be keeping my eyes on you. I have two of them, so keep that in consideration....

Lol, good stuff, but really, you make me feel inadequate.

@Acez

Thanks. Any chance you'll start a wip topic to show them off?

@War Angel

Thank you. smile.png

@gloc

Thanks. Steal to your heart's content, I hope you'll show us what you come up with.

At some point I really have to upload some of my earlier green stuff works to show you all where I started.

The smallest update yet, I think:

gallery_68666_10834_7747.jpg

C&C welcome.

you know, every once in a while there is a hobbyist so talented, so skilled that you just want to get better. you are that hobbyist to me. I can ooh and aah all day, (like I have in this thread), but, instead I am going to comment on just how your work speaks of a hobbyist who takes his craft, his hobby, and his skill, seriously. thanks for sharing your gift, I honestly feel you bring real craft to this hobby, and we are ALL better for having been witness to it. and if you paint 1/10th as good as you sculpt, we are about to see something really special. so thanks for the inspiration and and being one of the many reasons B&C is so awesome.

now about some paint.

I'm just going to sit here and look forlornly at my clay shapers and wonder what I'm doing wrong... tongue.png

That is some real good work brother. I wish I had that talent. Kudos. :tu:

@Vel'Cona

Yes. And while I am still happy with how it turned out on the whole, a few of the letters are bugging me to some degree, specifically the E, the M, the R and both S. Might have to do some finetuning on those...

@deathspectersgt7

Thanks.

@Bloodbath

Thank you. smile.png

@Olis

Thanks. Well, if you are just looking at them instead of using them, that might be an explanation... msn-wink.gif

Started painting, I'm feeling a bit rusty. Hopefully I will remember to take some more pictures in between.

gallery_68666_10834_200567.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_16573.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_40184.jpg

Nothing really new on the sergeant for now, just glued the hammer on.

gallery_68666_10834_19889.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_123012.jpg

C&C welcome.

PAINT! 

Nice, it looks like a solid base coat there.  Was that airbrushed on?  Also, might I ask if you are using GW colours or what?

As for my own plog, I dunno.  Thought about it multiple times, starting one but I don't have anything really fancy to show off, just more marines.  Perhaps if I get around to sculpting more, or converting then it would make some sense.  I also haven't painted in over a year as I'm just getting back into it.  So eventually!  :-)

@Olis

Yes that one was modified, as were those in the other picture.

gallery_68666_10081_45206.jpg

gallery_68666_10081_66165.jpg

gallery_68666_10081_172879.jpg

@Lord Ragnarok

Thank you.

@Acez

Thanks. No, that's done with a normal brush. Generally, I use a variety of colours including those from GW and Vallejo. The green I use for my Salamanders is one I mixed using Olive green and Permanent yellow light from Lascaux Studio Original.

Even if you don't have anything fancy to show yet, it might be worth starting one, just to share and discuss your ideas.

Don't know if you have seen the Back to Badab thread The Yak started, but if you don't want to start your own topic just yet, you could show your Salamanders there.

@Bloodbath

Not exactly sure what you mean by "Forge world's medium green paint scheme". The green I'm aiming for is closer to the one used in the illustrations of Forgeworld's Badab War books than GW's standard scheme from Codex: Space Marines.

@DanforthLaertes

Thank you.

Progress:

gallery_68666_10834_270556.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_30684.jpg

gallery_68666_10834_39121.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

Archived