1st turn deep strike - without drop pods

Quixus

I think your best option for a first turn deep strike without drop pods/Deathwing is to play Planetstrike. Regardless of whether you're the attacker or the defender, there are special rules in the mission allowing players to start making reserve rolls on their first turn. Certain attacking units gain the deep strike special rule, as well.

Now, whether or not you want to play Planetstrike all the time is another matter...

I think your best option for a first turn deep strike without drop pods/Deathwing is to play Planetstrike. Regardless of whether you're the attacker or the defender, there are special rules in the mission allowing players to start making reserve rolls on their first turn. Certain attacking units gain the deep strike special rule, as well.

Now, whether or not you want to play Planetstrike all the time is another matter...

I forgot about that part of the ruleset. Infantry, Jump Infantry, Monstrous Creatures, Jetbikes, and Vehicles that have the Deep Strike rule can all Deep Strike. And if you already can Deep Strike, you can charge the same turn!

Greyknights Mordrak with is ghost. No scatter 1st turn DS

Ah yes Mordrak bomb.

Bonus is, with 7th it clearly states that you can join ICs with other ICs without needing another non-IC squad.

There is also the Adeptus Astartes Strike Force Ultra.  If you take the whole thing it is:

1 Terminator Captain

1 5 Man Terminator Squad in reserve

Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer with 1x 5 Man Assault Termi 

Stormraven with 1x 5 Man Assault Termi and Ven Dread.

I believe thats it.  And you start making reserve roles on turn 1.  As far as I know thats the only way to have a flier come on the board that early. 

Oh I thought we were just trying to find out how to deepstrike turn 1.

Planetstrike is different because the Attacker starts the game in Ongoing Reserves instead of Deployment and grants certain unit types access to Deep Strike, even if they don't already have it.

For those that do already have Deep Strike, like Legion of the Damned or Terminators, they can charge the turn they arrive from Deep Strike.

Archived