Converting Fantasy Ogres into Bullgryns

Has anyone done or seen this done? Any idea how the parts go together?

I really want to run the new Rampart Detachment (and starting from scratch), but after buying my first box of Ogryns/Bullgryns and see how much I left on the sprue, I would really like to use the fantasy bodies if possible, as they are basically half the price and i need 10 bodies minimum!

Thanks

Does the armour come separate from the torso? If so you could just buy the armour separately and grab some basic ogres and try and slap them together. I haven't seen either kit in person, so I couldn't say for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try and take some pics (gf is asleep in my room atm), but basically the Ogryns are match moulded to their armour, meaning you would need to trim the inside of the armour and the chest of the Ogre, not impossible, but time consuming. Then you have the issue of the armour not covering the hole for the Ogre gut-plate, in addition the bottom straps of the armour will need to be removed and re-sculpted with greenstuff.

Cheers,

Jono

IF I get really enthusiastic I may even mock one up while my 3yr old is napping.

Here's those pics I didn't get around to yesterday.

So with a bit a trimming the armour can be made to fit the Ogre bodies. IMO if you do go down this route, you will need the Ogres to be wearing the armour due to the gut plate. Also, the Ogryn arms do fit (not perfectly, but the armour covers it).

gallery_48988_6285_59845.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_81087.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_379884.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_301830.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_206558.jpg

So as you can see some trimming around the gut plate both on the Ogre and armour was necessary to get a nice fit. All in, it took 5 mins to sort it out, fairly quick and straight forward.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: I've two pairs of armour I can send along if you'd like them, I'm certainly not going to use them. One is the one I used above, the other is a standard one.

Archived