Knight head conversions

I have been bitten with the bug of many around here and want to convert a Knight Titan in the future to serve as an ally and heavy support platform for my World Eaters PH force.

Now, I have shamelessly looted ideas left right and centre for this little beastie, most notably from JeffTibbetts, Dark Apostle and Kraut Scientist amongst others.

One problem remains though - the head.

Not really sure I want to keep the standard heads since they seem too, well, similar for what will essentially be a unique piece. I was first tempted at an enlarged version of a Juggernaught head, but thought that might be too out of place, then a semi-Knight using the bottom half of the visor plate and the skull of a Necrosphinx but am unsure of the overall impression. I don't really want anything too mutated but on the other hand the stock heads seem so .... boring.

Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably easy ones to do as my skills are very mediocre.

You're in luck, dude. The head is actually one of the simplest conversions in the whole kit. Since it's a mask, you can slap together all kinds of stuff. Or if you prefer, you can pop about anything of the right size in the area and just connect it from the top like the real deal. 

I've toyed with the original masks and done both a tilting plate (like a real jousting-style knight helmet) and a side-lifting style. Both are in my thread if you dig through it. I think you're going for something more exotic... 

A couple ideas that you may have seen already, but are worth mentioning: the GW freeblade known as the White Warden has a really subtle converted faceplate. It uses the top half of the skull mask with the bottom of the tilting mask. It looks slick, in my opinion. Also, this thread just popped up, featuring a skull mask with added horns and an 'open mouth' look. Both of those are pretty subtle. 

IMO, the jugger head looks a bit too big on the Knight kit, but it's only just. I think it can work, but it might be a good idea to tone down the cowl armor above it. EDIT: after looking around online, I actually can't find any that use a jugger head. The one I was thinking of that looked too big wasn't a jugger at all, it was a Forgefiend or something. So maybe you're right and a juggernaut head would be too small. Worth a shot if you've got one laying about? That Necrosphinx, though... That might be just right. I'm not too sure about the scale, but it could look really cool.

Like I said, though, the mask and head are really the most accessible conversion on the entire kit, barring slapping extra stuff onto the armor which can also make a big impact. Get some sticky-tack and just try on different looks. It's awesome! 

EDIT: I just realized you actually referenced Dark Apostle already. Great minds think alike and all that... 

Cheers for the reference, glad to have been a influence :)

The Maulerfiend makes for a nice Khornate looking Knight. Could even add horns or the 'bunny ears' to it to give it a more Khornate look.

Only seen it done once but it's nice, thinking of using it myself if I get a second knight. Here is the link.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2670/579689.page - need to scroll down a little.

I personally think the head/neck is a bit too long but would be happy to give more advice if you have the parts to compare. I'm sure it would be all too easy to convert.

I actually messed up building mind yesterday, had to cut off the face and reapply the mask - and it still looks fine. You wouldn't notice. Infinite possibility really with that kit.

Archived