Horror Conversion

Aight, I have 30 Horrors sitting next to me and I am wondering how to make them fit my style. I am aiming for a machine-styled army. Daemon possessed forge ship or something like that.

My army has a heavy Tzeentch component, but converting DP and Fatey is easily. They are forge masters of sort, half metal half flesh. Heralds are sorta tech-magi, mixed horror bits, necrons and tech priests that control the various machines of war and mindless units husks (plaguebearers). Soulgrinders are mixed with Dreadnoughts and given massive exhaust pipes with massive flames coming out of 'em... and loads of other conversions.

Horrors are the main workers of the forge (mixing warp shenanigans and tech stiff). But they are just too random to allow any set kit bashing but they are too fleshy to fit that heavy metal style I am going for.

So, do you have any ideas how to make horrors more metal (material that is, in spirit they are already very metal :D)?

Maybe slice through a leg here and there and have a thinner piston between the severed parts?. As if the horrors were robots that had skin pulled over them? You could do the same for the arms. I also forward metal back pieces and tendrils... that should look pretty neat ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like a very cool theme for an army

I would add mechanical arms from the talos and and ork kits. 

The sky is the limit with Tzeench in conversion. You could add anything such as reactors, tubes, exhaust (like you did), arms, extra necron legs (spider mech like?), space marines arms that you paint mechanical, tentacles or cables, vials, shoulder pads that can be screwed on them,  

I would think them as servitors or pittslaves so any tools, chainsaw, blades, drill, would be good.

Paint them silver. Sentient Mercury, anyone?

This seems like a cool and easy way to do it, though it sounds like the OP is pretty skilled with conversions so he might want to do more. That being said I think you should post some pictures of your army!

Check my sig tongue.png I havent actually done the horror thing: I like mine pink and gooey. It was the first thing that came into my head!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived