Fabius Bile: Can He Work?

After another lexi reading, I decided I could eventually kitbash and create a semi-counts as Bile.

So I'm making another unit topic, (we need more). How does Fabius perform in seventh, and is the warrior enhancement worth using vanilla csm?

I know this forces another fragile unit into a fragile or expensive box instead of a bike, but there has to be something with him.

I agree on the max unit size. Bile is kinda wasted if you only run a ten men Enhanced Warrior squad in a Rhino. Gotta go all out on them since Bile is mainly an expensive tax. Combat wise he's the worst of the Chaos special characters anyway.

20 Enhanced Warriors with marks of chaos (Khorne or Slaanesh) and their respective Icon all in a Storm Eagle could make for a fun unit to use. Though it's effectiveness is somewhat doubtful. Or if you have a Spartan make it Bile's special party wagon and also cram in Lucius and 3 other Chaos Lords :P

In the end I guess he's pretty useless. But alas he's never been good in any incarnation of our codex. Don't exactly remember his 2nd edition rules but I believe in 3rd he was even worse than he is now with random rolls and his uber warriors dying randomly stuff like that.

His mini and his fluff are still pretty cool so there is that ;) What I like about him is that thematically he fits in any chaos army you can possibly conceive. He has and will work for anyone. The only thing I wonder is why he hasn't perfected his process in 10000 years time...but then you could also ask why it takes Cypher 10k years to reach Terra...

If you run multiple blobs of CSMs then he's okay, give one 20man squad MoK/MoS +1S and Fearless & then stick him in another 20man squad to make them Fearless.

Aside from that if I'm going to be brutal he's a complete waste of points.

Archived