Logan and his Wolf Guard

CatSmasher

gallery_79108_9819_57233.jpg

Finally gathered all of my wolfguard into one picture. I have been aspiring to have a mix/max option in a logan wing. With my next squad of devastators I will have a force that I can match up against most codexes, and show the strength of the Sky Warriors

This weekend Logan, and Arjac represented the Fang at the battle of Green Tide. The local GW hosted what I learned was a small Apocalypse game, the first I have ever played. It was 2000 pts per person and 4 v 4

gallery_79108_9805_29197.jpg

Logan and Arjac wanted to take the fight to the Stompa formation. It was there that the final pages of their saga was written. The Imperium staved off the Green Tide and won 17-12 but the Space Wolves paid the ultimate price. Stomped under the mountain of smoke and oil of the Ork warmachines.

gallery_79108_9805_35253.jpg

Logan's retinue struck at the perfect time. The KFFs had been dropped by las fire and there was a gap in the formation. This is the last recorded image of the Great Company Leader, but their remains were never found. After the first Stompa exploded due to successive hammer blows, the position was soon overrun...

At least their deaths were not in vain brother. Weep not for them for they are drinking with the fallen, and will return for the Wolftime!

Sweet looking force man, wish there were more pics! msn-wink.gif

THEY'RE NOT DEAD! YOU ARE JUST NOT DIGGING DEEP ENOUGH! KEEP DIGGING! THE GREAT WOLF AND ARJAC ARE MOST LIKELY PASSED OUT SOMEWHERE UNDERNEATH THAT STOMPA! DO NOT STOP! 

LOL, had to mention that. After all, Arjac did survive a similar situation being drowned by kraken spawn. Well done Catsmasher.

You better continue digging though. Imagine what would happen if you guys held a funeral for Grimnar, Arjac and his wolf guard, only to find in the middle of the funeral, Grimnar, Arjac and a few of his wolf guard suddenly show up in the middle of his own eulogy, extremely battered, missing a limb here and there, heck even a face, but still alive.

The Great Wolf would most likely laugh like mad before forcing you to drink Mjord, which as I understand, tends to liquify the insides of an unaugmented human being.

More pics from the Apoc Game. I was playing with some Salamanders with IG allies, and some inquisitors with Guard Allies. Here was our defensive deployment. We used fortification for some of our points for a more narrative style of game, plus we didn't have many D s weapons.

gallery_79108_9805_106229.jpg

The Green tide went first and battered our lines behind the strength of the stompa formation. This sh!t was crazy because it had 5 force fields before you even began to touch the 12 HP. One picked up my Landraider and shook it about, smashing it on the ground and destroying it to my amazement.... Thankfully it was empty.

I brought a Las team because I knew we needed a lot of fire power, they are using the cover and shield of the fortification.

gallery_79108_9805_22610.jpg

The tide advances...

and the battle rages on

gallery_79108_9805_4694.jpg

As the dust begins to settle, a hulking figure stirs... emerging from the heap of burning scrap of the great Ork Warmachines

gallery_79108_9805_85361.jpg

we did a battle like that at my store, grimnar and his wolfguard charged ghazkul alongside helbrect and his honour guards. was an awesome fight. I love games like that

your army looks epic as well

Archived