Hi! And some Wolf Guard :)

Dragongazer

After a few years lurking around this forum, I decided it was time to sign up and contribute.

I've been playing 40k for about 6 years now off and on, although I am more inclined towards the hobby side than the gaming side. The few games I have played have gone either way without me forming any strong tactics, but I guess it just a matter of practise and fully understanding my army. 

I play Space Wolves almost exclusively, but have recently been looking at possible allies.

Anyway, here's a painted WG pack;

20140731 085030

20140731 084958

20140731 084925

20140731 084841

20140731 084814

Any comments and critique would be greatly appreciated :)

Take a seat, grab an ale, and tell us your sagas!

And about the WG, I like the frozen claws! But i would give a little bit of white (orange maybe?) to the helmets eyes, to make lighting more natural and "shiny" effect. O, and the spotlight on the seckond one, i think it is unpainted :) But may be, because of the angle.

Welcome to the forum proper brother, plenty of room at the hearth for all !

As far as C+C on your wolf guard I really like the dynamic posing you've got on your models and your use of the red/yellow spot colours are great, you've also done a brilliant job with your photography which is crisp and clear, not an easy thing to do so kudos too for that !

Overall great mini's, looking forward to seeing some more smile.png

Take a seat, grab an ale, and tell us your sagas!

And about the WG, I like the frozen claws! But i would give a little bit of white (orange maybe?) to the helmets eyes, to make lighting more natural and "shiny" effect. O, and the spotlight on the seckond one, i think it is unpainted smile.png But may be, because of the angle.

Holy crap, in all my time with these models I've never looked at that part and thought "spotlight". Is that what it is?? If so, then that can be rectified, thanks :D Good call on the lenses, I'll have to do a test with those changes and see how I can get it to come out.

Welcome to the forum proper brother, plenty of room at the hearth for all !

As far as C+C on your wolf guard I really like the dynamic posing you've got on your models and your use of the red/yellow spot colours are great, you've also done a brilliant job with your photography which is crisp and clear, not an easy thing to do so kudos too for that !

Overall great mini's, looking forward to seeing some more smile.png

Thanks heaps. The photos were taken with my phone, which luckily has a awesome camera. Just had to overexpose them a little to get them closer to what they look like in hand.

Here's a few of my Thunderwolves, I'm thinking of re-basing them. I've fallen out of love with the resin bases I have and feel they would look better based like the WG above;

20140731 103458

20140731 103402

20140731 103306

20140731 103242

The last two are different angles on the same mini. I was thinking along these lines for the new bases:

20140731 101125

20140731 101141

What do you think?

Welcome aboard, Brother Dragongazor.  You're coming at a very exciting time for The Fang, and you've already got a great start with those models. Love the dynamic poses, as someone else already stated.  

Only recommendation that I have is to drill out holes in the barrels of your Storm Bolters; it looks like at least one with no holes, maybe?  It's a small thing, but makes a difference.  Your painting is terrific, though.  If you haven't already spotted the Resources pinned to the top of the page, take a look; there's a lot of good stuff to offer.

V

Yeah I hear you on the barrels. For some reason I just can't do it without screwing up 50% of them. Maybe I just need more practice, I dunno.

Thanks all for warm welcome though. Hopefully more stuff coming in next few days.

Archived