Starting Vostroyan regiment. Questions

Hey guys!

Starting a Vostroyan regiment. My army ideas are going to be the following:

2 platoons of 40 vostroyan first born w/ heavy weapon teams (lascannons)

A Vostroyan Company command squad

Baneblade

Leman Russ Vangquisher squadron
Leman Russ Executioner Squadron
2 Manticores

I'm wondering if this fits fluff wise with vostroyans? Do they use heavy tanks? Do they usually have large platoons? Any insight is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the B&C Daly! Vostroyans are are cool regiment and sadly lacking thanks to being metals, but what fine models they are! Their army build isn't really mentioned much, but from what I know they do have a strong infantry component so I think you're on the right track here. That doesn't mean they don't use vehicles too of course, so feel free to include as many as you like without feeling like you're straying from the fluff :)

I don't know much about Vostroyans besides what is mentioned in the codex, which states that they have strong ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus, which to me would suggest that they would indeed have access to super heavies and lots of other tanks.

They are actually not that much more expensive to build than Cadians ... at least on the Canadian GW site, 10x Vostroyans are only $10 more than 10x Cadians.

I don't know much about Vostroyans besides what is mentioned in the codex, which states that they have strong ties to the Adeptus Mechanicus, which to me would suggest that they would indeed have access to super heavies and lots of other tanks.

They are actually not that much more expensive to build than Cadians ... at least on the Canadian GW site, 10x Vostroyans are only $10 more than 10x Cadians.

Absolutely. In the US they're 6 dollars more a box. And it comes with an easily convertable flamer into a melta, and a heavy bolter team. Speaking of which, Any suggestions on converting the heavy bolter team into a lascannon team? Thanks!

If you can get the lascannon and tripod off of a bitz site, it shouldn't be too hard to cut off the gunner and attach him to the lascannon. Alternatively, you could add the barrel of the Las to the HB, take of the ammo box and green stuff over the bit on the side that the shells come out of (check out my brilliant technical lingo!).

OR

You could double-up and use the second crew member with these guys, with the Lascannon replacing the gatling cannons/missile launchers that come with it.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/AFTERLIFE/Republic-Taurus-Gun-Tractors

If you can get the lascannon and tripod off of a bitz site, it shouldn't be too hard to cut off the gunner and attach him to the lascannon. Alternatively, you could add the barrel of the Las to the HB, take of the ammo box and green stuff over the bit on the side that the shells come out of (check out my brilliant technical lingo!).

OR

You could double-up and use the second crew member with these guys, with the Lascannon replacing the gatling cannons/missile launchers that come with it.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/AFTERLIFE/Republic-Taurus-Gun-Tractors

Thanks! Could you point me at any good bitz sites?

Ebay is often your best bet, just search for 'Imperial guard lascannon' and there should be a fair few stores offering just the bits you need. (filtering price lowest to highest will help separate them from actual heavy weapon teams and lascannon sentinels etc).

I haven't listed any links because it'll depend whereabouts your based. (No point me linking to UK sellers if you're in the US or Ausie land), and the same goes for online bitz retailers outside of Ebay, although I've heard good stuff about Bitzbarn.

Archived