Imperial guard kill team list

Good day guardsmen, I'm looking for some of you guy's input on the imperial guard kill team list. I'm thinking of having a chimera veterans and maybe some ratlings

1. for the chimera what wargear should I take? The wargear switches are free so I can replace the multilaser with a heavy bolter and the heavy bolter on the front with a heavy flamer. What combination to you guys think? The Str 6 multilaser will most likelty be able to penetrate most other kill team vehicles but is is maybe worth taking the heavy bolter for the AP 4? And will a heavy flamer be better on the front?

2. Veterans. What wargear should I go with? Should I splurge for the grenadiers combat doctrine? How pracrical are the grenade launchers and are they better in kill team than others?

3. Ratlings. Are they effective in practice? would it be more effective to just buy another veteran squad and spread out the upgrades? Thanks for your time 

I am very rusty on Kill Team, in fact I'm sure the rules have changed since I last played... maybe even twice? :P So I'll try to stick to more generalist bits - I think your general army units are good ideas. I think carapace on your Vets will be worth it, as some additional durability will be very valuable at low points and the Ratlings are cheap enough not to dent your list but I think they'll have some real potential with a bit of luck.

I think you should keep the Multilaser for some S6, it'll give you punch at range and while I usually like the hull HF despite hitting hard I don't think you'll get too many hits with it so the HB is probably better.

I am very rusty on Kill Team, in fact I'm sure the rules have changed since I last played... maybe even twice? tongue.png So I'll try to stick to more generalist bits - I think your general army units are good ideas. I think carapace on your Vets will be worth it, as some additional durability will be very valuable at low points and the Ratlings are cheap enough not to dent your list but I think they'll have some real potential with a bit of luck.

I think you should keep the Multilaser for some S6, it'll give you punch at range and while I usually like the hull HF despite hitting hard I don't think you'll get too many hits with it so the HB is probably better.

Thats a good point on the HB, I'll get hits at a decent range with that. I'll order some space hobbits ratlings and depending on how it goes may add them in my full army. Cheers dude

What killteam rules are you planning on running by and what points as that will help us help you.

200 points standard kill team rules

I played a couple of Killteams with IG and I always struggle to make list. Grenade Launcher are a good bet, as is Foward Sentries since you'll always be in building/ruins/cover. As far as unit goes, I'm never sure what to field. Tells us about it when you play ! Next Killteam I wanted to try a platoon to get as many bodies on the board. Not sure if its worth it. 

Armoured Sentinels have the same AV values as Chimeras, so assuming those rules haven't changed they should be allowed. Maybe a bit too expensive though with the Chimera, which would be more useful I think.

Ratlings are a great way to spend loafing points in normal games I think, they often do far more than you'd expect even if it's only drawing fire :P

Infantry Platoons my good man.  Your opponents will be amazed at how many models you can throw onto the table.  Seeing as each model is its own unit, overwhelming with superior numbers is even easier than in bigger games.

Having played guard at this level, I used to run vets and marbo,O how I miss him.

How about a wyvern? remember that as they are all independent, harker, 3 specials, and a HWT and demo may be good if points allow.

Hey mate,

I played in a kill team tournament at the start of the year and came first. I found pure numbers were fantastic for a kill team list. I managed to bring a 20 man platoon, Chimera and a platoon Command Squad. Sheer numbers rolled space marine kill team lists i versed. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Archived