++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Yes!

<snip>

Let the red tide flow!

Khorne cares not from whence the blood comes!

:blink.:

And just like that, the world of 40k will never be the same...

Have you guys *not* gotten an angry chick vibe from Khorne? I'm totally betting Khorne is a woman. 

There are way too many "coming of womanhood" and "time of the month" euphemisms and subliminals in there for me. Way cooler across the fence in WHFB.

Besides, I've never even heard a 40k use all three lines of the Khornate chant...

Blood for the Blood God,

Skulls for the Skull Throne,

Souls for the Soul Taker.

Edited by Flint13

Seriously though. There is a perfect "broken family" paradigm going on with the chaos gods.

Tzeench is the father who is uncaring of his family, always advancing his own ends and never available. Khorne could be a motherly figure who is crippled by anger and other emotional abuse.

Nurgle is the outwardly kind and caring grandparent who is invested their own way of doing things the way they've always been done. Age, decay, disease is prevalent. Slaanesh is the emotionally conflicted teenage child who is slowly coming into his/her own without knowing much of anything at all or having much life experience, though he/she is *passionate* about whatever it is.

Then there's Malal, who is the exiled family member who brought the others together, silencing their hatred of each other just long enough to banish him from the family.

Seriously though. There is a perfect "broken family" paradigm going on with the chaos gods.

Tzeench is the father who is uncaring of his family, always advancing his own ends and never available. Khorne could be a motherly figure who is crippled by anger and other emotional abuse.

Nurgle is the outwardly kind and caring grandparent who is invested their own way of doing things the way they've always been done. Age, decay, disease is prevalent. Slaanesh is the emotionally conflicted teenage child who is slowly coming into his/her own without knowing much of anything at all or having much life experience, though he/she is *passionate* about whatever it is.

Then there's Malal, who is the exiled family member who brought the others together, silencing their hatred of each other just long enough to banish him from the family.

I like this post as much as your new avvy.

http://www.funniestmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Funniest_Memes_that-s-it-i-m-outta-here_3987.jpeg

For this discussion that is...back to the 30k/army lists forums for me!

Negative.

Malal is clearly the ex-con uncle that we don't talk about.

Got some bad news, brothers...

As you guys may already know, my part of California just experienced an earthquake. 

I'm fine, but one of the shelves in my garage collapsed and landed on my models. Roughly a third of my built and painted army is now in pieces. Actual damage is limited (as far as I can see, only 6-7 tactical marines are completely destroyed and have to be replaced. The rest can be salvaged with some glue and a little extra paintwork).

It will take me at least one month to get everything sorted out. As such, I will have to take a break from the hobby. I will still be active on the forums, but I won't be building/writing anything new for at least a month. 

Six of my tactical marines are completely destroyed - the fallen shelf crushed them all. I will have to put in a fresh order with FW to replace them.

The rest of the damage is relatively light and the models are still salvageable, although they are mostly in pieces now (the impact of the shelf landing sent most of them flying off the table). I found my Contemptor's torso (with arms stilled attached, somehow) on the hood of my truck. The Cataphractii Terminators are likewise mostly broken apart. But these I can fix with some glue, paint, and patience. 

I consider myself fortunate - the earthquake is just a temporary setback as far as my hobby is concerned, not a death sentence.

Lots to do to fix this mess.