++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Damn, that's true. Have FW done Legion shoulder pads yet? *scurries off to check*.. yes they do. That settles that then, swanky pads for the Bikers, painted symbols for the Chosen, as I've already built the unit and getting the pads off will be a pain in the ass. Might grab the Rhino doors while I'm at it.

Dragonlover

Well, the FW bunny ears are technically Pre-heresy Veteran variants of the MK II helm, as well as having a non bunny-eared version.

Hmm, but that explanation was retconned into existence by Forgeworld (and by one particular piece of Wayne England artwork) -- bunny ears appeared in both WFB and 40k when the Heresy was not even a thing yet, or at least just a throwaway line Rick Priestley had dreamed up :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

Oh, absolutely! But I personally like to go back to the earlier explanation: that the bunny ears are basically a representation of Khorne's rune and/or a callback to Bloodletter horns. If the World Eaters already used similar decoration during the great Crusade and the following Heresy, then what does that say about them...? ;)

It's implied through BL and FW more than GW has written that the Traitor Legions were damned from the start opposed to falling from opportunity.

Maybe. But I frankly don't like that approach all that much, because it smacks of very lazy storytelling. That and the fact that I enjoy the parts of the background where it's implied that one event (or, in some cases, a chain of events) could have turned a legion down an entirely different path. Just imagine the Emperor allowing the War Hounds to fight alongside their Primarch at the Desh'elika ridge. Or the Emperor taking the time to explain his motives to Lorgar instead of, you know, pissing off him and his entire legion forever. Or somebody caring the slightest bit about Perturabo being more than a mere siege expert... It goes on and on :wink:

That's why I liked the Dornian Heresy so much as a thought experiment: Because it explored an alternate universe where those small changes occured, then followed them through to their logical conclusions.

Edited by KrautScientist

Be that as it may, there is absolutely no one stopping us from telling our own stories and making up our own explanations: Say what you will about GW, but they have usually taken a fairly lenient approach when it comes to their background. ADB once wrote a very interesting post about it that, as far as I understood it, boils down to this: There is no absolute truth to how things in the 30k and 40k universes happened and continue to happen. There are just differing opinions, eye witness accounts (some more reliable than others), propaganda and what have you. Nothing is true. Everything is true. Oh, and of course, for those who remember Inquisitor: Everything you have been told is a lie ;)

A preview of what's to come...

http://s30.postimg.org/dojp0ikfl/photo_8.jpg

Now I have a full tactical squad of 20 Legionaries plus an Apothecary. 

Just 10 more tactical marines to paint and I can finally move on to the vehicles... :D

I wish I had the output of some of you guys. *sigh*

So, uh... here's a little more of my slogging progress on this guy. I give you... RIVETS!

http://i.imgur.com/0ILiR1F.png

Putty the wrist, figure out some kind of decoration for the bracers, and I think this guy'll be finished.

Don't feel too bad, Paladin. I've been doing this for a long time - been a member on this boards for almost 12 years - and have an almost-crippling perfectionist affliction that has kept me from finishing many figures at all and even abandoning entire armies that were actually coming along nicely.

I would gladly (well, not the cage match part.....) but in truth my enthusiasm for all things 40k or indeed 30k has taken a severe nose dive for months now. That mini was painted back in March, for instance. For once, I am someone not saying this is GW's fault. Life has thrown me more than a few sucker punches the last year or two and I'm having trouble holding on....

Can't seem to get the frive to do anything of late. I bought a Blade/Sword kit in August and haven't even touched it yet.

I would gladly (well, not the cage match part.....) but in truth my enthusiasm for all things 40k or indeed 30k has taken a severe nose dive for months now. That mini was painted back in March, for instance. For once, I am someone not saying this is GW's fault. Life has thrown me more than a few sucker punches the last year or two and I'm having trouble holding on....

Can't seem to get the frive to do anything of late. I bought a Blade/Sword kit in August and haven't even touched it yet.

Dude life had tried to make me it's personal bitch and do everything in it's power to bring me down.

That's when I rage harder and harder and everything backs the :cuss off because no one wants to :cuss with a raging drunk Australian Irish half breed

I wish I had the output of some of you guys. *sigh*

So, uh... here's a little more of my slogging progress on this guy. I give you... RIVETS!

http://i.imgur.com/0ILiR1F.png

Putty the wrist, figure out some kind of decoration for the bracers, and I think this guy'll be finished.

Looking awesome mate. Don't forget to do something with where the chainblade meets the haft. It looks a little 'glued-on'right now, but I'm sure with byour skills and a little work you'll have that fixed in no time :tu:

@ Brother Khairon: Welcome to the fold, Brother Slaughterer! Here's your badge:

we_badge_brother_khairon.png

@ BCK: Looking better all the time, mate! I love this guy's bulk and the arrogance and derision radiating off him due to his pose and facial expression!

@ Augustus b'Raass: Great to have you back, mate! Did you piss on the future foundations of the Imperial Palace after all?