++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

My World Eaters successor warband is known as the Fell Brethren.  The Fell Brethren are led by the Chaos Lord Shallag Jaganath, the Breaker of Worlds, a brutal champion who strides the battlefield like a colossus, leaving blood and ruin in his wake.  Wielding a terrifying relic weapon of such immense power that it causes the very air to weep blood from its daemonic taint, the Breaker of Worlds rides into battle astride his Juggernaut mount, at the head of a pack of baying murderers and psychopaths who seek only and ever to spill blood, blood, blood.  Several squads of Berserkers embarked in Land Raiders slam like a hammerblow into the enemy's lines, where the grinding snarl of their gore-stained chain-axes wrest hymns of pain from the screams of their victims.

Brothers Kage, Poom, Khârn and Vorenus, you stand invincible beside your fellow warriors, carved into the Brazen record until time immemorial. 

As for me... let me tell the tale of the Sons of Cuth Vasi.

"Imagine, if you could be so bold, the Twelfth legion as they were meant to be. Imagine if the Nails were no death sentence, but were a blessing of engineering that worked in equilibrium to Astartes physiology. If they were a device that functioned perfectly, that boosted trans-human reaction times, strength, vitality, using none of the harsh retro-chems of gland packs and stim injectors. If instead they worked by metobolising within an Astartes' own body, bringing every brain function and muscle action to a paragon of execution.

That dream is the legacy of the Cuth Va'san, and that dream is the doom of our race. In a legion so vast as that of the Twelfth, there are bound to be variations within the genome when accepting the implants of an Astartes. Would we be so ignorant to assume the Nails would not? The Nails don't sing for the sons of the Cuth, and in many they are almost completely inactive. They spit, rage, and bite, but they never sing.

That is, at least, not until the Cuth Va'san bears the Shatter. I can not say what causes the walls to break... for the Nails to finally howl their chorus to one of the Cuth. But it is glorious, and it is lethal. The song released ignites a killing fire in the breast of a Cuth Vasi warrior, one that burns hot enough to scorch his soul. But when it does, it is a wonder to behold.

Such is his speed, blows take minutes to land, bolt shells trail lazily through the air. Such is his strength that ceramite and adamantium melt like tallow under his grasp. Such is his fury, that death blows to heart, head and spine are shrugged off like scrapes from a dull training spatha. For those few triumphant seconds, the warrior of the Cuth is a perfect image of what the sons of Angron could have become. He is no mind-dead savage to run howling to certain death, but the warrior halcyon and perfected ... and after the Shatter... after those few transcendent seconds of what could have been, it kills them as surely as the complete oblivion of the void. 

There are so few of the Cuth Vasi left... so many others, outcast like us, left afraid with malfunctioning Nails that will eventually spell their doom through one unforeseen complication or another. There is no battle here, it is already lost. The most we can hope for is a death in the manner of Great Darr, Khalos or Vor'sake; to die with the bodies of our enemies stacked chest deep, a sharp bladed axe burning in our grasp, and the white hot song of the Nails finally ... finally, singing in our veins.

For we are no lackeys. We are no accountants, trench builders or dogma botherers. We are not soldiers.

We are Warriors!

We fight and die for what could have been, for the brothers and the Legion that could have been! We are the warriors of Cuth Vasi, we fight and die for the Twelfth!"

Edited by Flint13

Krond, the Lord of Battles, Lord of Skulls, and the Great Butcher of the Scions of Gorechild! (A long title huh?). And a lone Khornate Terminator too.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b543/Dave_Pontillo/DSC02007_zps36a9d861.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b543/Dave_Pontillo/DSC02059_zpsf6da2803.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b543/Dave_Pontillo/IMG_4534_zpsf135cbd1.jpg

Edited by Pandemicus

Glad to see that the ranks of our legion seems to be swelling -- even more so since the vile Emperor's Children seem to be gathering just across the street, as it were ;)

@ Flint: Like I said elsewhere, that is a fantastic little background vignette!

Though I myself sadly lack something as wonderfully to the point, let me share this little piece, which I believe should give you all a good impression of the ancient rites and codes behind Khorne's Eternal Hunt:

Rites of Passage

The cavernous chamber rang with the sound of a thousand hammers striking an anvil. Flames blazed in the furnace at the end of the hall, casting their haphazard light across the countless trophies and weapons arrayed on the monumental walls, creating an ever changing jagged shadowplay.
One by one, the hammers fell silent and the assembled hunters waited.

With the sound of grinding metal, Khoron the Undying, Keeper of Trophies, strode from the shadows to where a bier had been erected. On it lay the dead body of Huntmaster Ferax, his armour torn and broken in a hundred places, his pale flesh still smeared with both his blood and that of his enemies. Ferax had finally collapsed amidst a circle of corpses, with all of his assailants dead around him, before he had allowed himself to die. Now he was cold and dead, his scarred features strangely peaceful.

The ancient Dreadnought addressed the assembled members of the company, his voice impossibly deep and metallic, the flames casting their flickering light on his brazen skull mask:

“We have assembled here to perform the rites of passage for this servant of Khorne. He took the lives of his enemies, and now his life has been taken in turn. He died a warrior in this long war, and I call him worthy of the eternal battles that await him in our lord’s realm. Let he who would say otherwise speak now or forever hold his peace.”

Nothing but silence greeted Khoron’s challenge: Ferax had been a champion of the company, and nobody would have dared to doubt his worth.

After a moment of silence, Khoron turned away from the hunters “It is time”, he rasped.

From the shadows emerged Huntmaster Torus, the Taker of Skulls. His face was gaunt and austere, his eyes hooded in deep shadow. With the soft scraping of warplate, Torus hefted his enormous axe, and with one swing, ritually severed the corpse`s head. Then the bier holding the now headless body slowly moved towards the furnace.

“This hunter’s passage is paid for”, Khoron intoned, “Lord of battles, take his skull as you have taken the ones that he has offered you before. Lord of hunger, feast him at your table. Lord of thirst, give him drink, that he may endure in your realm. Great Khorne, welcome your servant and know his worth.”

“He broke his chains and knew freedom”, Khoron boomed.

“He died a free man”, came the answer of the hunters.

“His hunt is now over.”

“But he still has his honour.”

As the final words were spoken, the body had been completely engulfed in the flames of the furnace. The flames played in the eyes of the assembled Astartes, and all was silent once more.

“Step forward and be counted.”

Lord Lorimar’s abyssal growl matched that of the ancient dreadnought. Five hunters moved into the light, each of them stripped to the waist, their triumph ropes plain for all to see amidst their corded muscle and scarred flesh. They were Ferax’s lieutenants, each of them now a contender for the position of Huntmaster. In the dim firelight, their faces were masklike and unreadable.

“Ferax’s hunting party is in need of a new leader. As was taught to us by our primarch and lord father, his successor will be chosen by a trial of blood and fire. I shall name he who is the last to stand on the Hot Dust Huntmaster, as it has always been.”

“And evermore shall be so” , came the murmured reply of the assembled hunters.

Lorimar nodded solemnly.

“Let the games begin.”

Brothers Kage, Poom, Khârn and Vorenus, you stand invincible beside your fellow warriors, carved into the Brazen record until time immemorial. 

Great.

Just two minor things... 

It's "Thanatos", not "Tanatos", which means "Destruction" in ancient greek. And it's "Leviosa", not "Leviosar" :tongue.:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/02c9dd8d3337599fa3dc4283f041f8cd/tumblr_n090c6jswi1syq288o1_500.gif

Also, Drakon (at least in my take) commands the Angron's Chosens, and not the 16th company, that will end disbanded like the rest of the Legion.

By the way, great backgrounds from you and Kraut! I would love to read more.

Maybe I'll post something too, when I'll do a decent translation.

Edited by Kharn the Bloody

@ Khârn the Bloody: Welllll, since we are in smartass mode anyway, it's also "Angron's Chosen", not "Angron's Chosens" -- just because we're bloodthirsty killers doesn't mean we don't have time to get our spelling in order, right? :P

Cheers about the fluff, btw! :)

I just have a paltry little offering in the ways of fluff, the background for Moritat Jaskat of the 25th. And yes, he was created as a homage to JaspCat. Perhaps he'll even have am model one day....

If there is one man who can make a Son of Angron afraid, one who can make a bezerker blanch, then that man is Jaskat; survivor of the Great Crusade, the Heresy, the Scouring, the Skalathrax fratricide; once High Warden and the last to hold the rank of Moritat in the World Eaters Legion.

The type of weapon that would consign a man to the rank of Moritat was a common occurrence within the 12th and so the stigma attached to their wielders by association was not seen as relevant. World Eaters were ever infamous for their attachment to genocidal deeds and victory at all costs, so the users of such weapons were viewed with equanimity by their peers. Therefore a new task had to be devised for the men otherwise apt to be consigned as Moritats and it was to be found amidst the ranks of the Wardens, the shadowy disciplinarians of the 12th.

Always cloaked and hooded, his identity is a mystery even to Lord Rheekan the commander of the 25th Company, but his loyalty is absolute since the two are kindred souls. It is rumoured that he began service within the 14th Company and was plucked from their ranks, but none know with certainty. He speaks but rarely, preferring to keep his own counsel, but when he does speak Astartes listen. His voice is rumoured to be as dry as the air inside aeons-old tombs and utterly devoid of emotion. Indeed, men have long dubbed him ‘Ironblood’ and joke that he regards emotions as something for other people, only they are careful he isn’t around when they do.

Armed with the twin pistols ceremonial to his position, Jaskat is nothing more nor less than a stone cold executioner. One who is as ready to kill his own as much as the foe. Such a man is not exactly hard to find amongst those who follow Khorne, but none are so unnerving as he for he does so in utter silence and with clinical precision. Not for him the gout of arterial blood, the gouging sweep of the chainaxe or the visceral craters inflicted by a bolter – these are all crude tools of lesser men. A plasma bolt to the head is more than sufficient and it matters not whether the victim is standing, kneeling, running, prone, resisting or passive, the result is just as terminal.

In any other band of World Eaters matters of discipline and rank are decided by either formal duels, gladiatorial contests or outright assassination but not in the 25th; Jaskat ensures, by example and by fear and by the willingness to do the unmentionable, that order is maintained, respect for authority continued and violent death is visited only upon the enemy.

Edited by Paladin7221

What have I done wrong with my badge?

You need to save for web and the background must be transparent.

...and the one I supplied did have a transparent background and was a PNG. Yours is now a JPG, for some reason: maybe you saved it that way, maybe it has something to do with uploading on Flickr. But in order for the background to show as transparent, you'll need to keep it in the original PNG format I provided. Hope this helps! :)

@ Jaspcat: Well, those models are really cool -- wouldn't this be the perfect incentive to, you know, just add a few more, make them into a post-heresy WE killteam and then work from there? Just sayin'...

@ Khârn the Bloody: Welcome to the slaughter, mate! :)

I think BCK could be persuaded, but your pulling my leg to maybe transition from 30k to 40k.

The blood is pure when saturated with adrenalin,

The body is ready to strike when the nerves are dulled,

The foe is the worthiest when wounds run deep,

The gods enjoyment is satisfied on the sands,

The duty is mine and the glory is cherished as each opponent falls under my blade.

Well guys and gals I'm off to some more away work in 24hrs so hopefully I'll give an update when I get back (for the glory of the XIIth)

Glad to see that the ranks of our legion seems to be swelling -- even more so since the vile Emperor's Children seem to be gathering just across the street, as it were :wink:

Fluff is looking top notch buddy! We should go across the street and set those weird perverts on fire or something!

@ Khârn - Noted and adjusted!

@ Paladin - Looking pretty darn awesome. Keep that fluff business coming.

@ Pandemicus - Love those Khornate guys! Your use of blue is excellent as a spot color and keeps them from being boring. Love it.

@ Jasp - Awesome! Watch out for Koalas while you're road buildin' I heard they can be a killer 

Edited by Flint13

Glad to see that the ranks of our legion seems to be swelling -- even more so since the vile Emperor's Children seem to be gathering just across the street, as it were :wink:

Fluff is looking top notch buddy! We should go across the street and set those weird perverts on fire or something!

@ Khârn - Noted and adjusted!

@ Paladin - Looking pretty darn awesome. Keep that fluff business coming.

@ Pandemicus - Love those Khornate guys! Your use of blue is excellent as a spot color and keeps them from being boring. Love it.

@ Jasp - Awesome! Watch out for Koalas while you're road buildin' I heard they can be a killer

Don't worry if one comes at me with it's claws bared I'll fight it to the death with my sledgehammer and demo saw!

Blood for the blood god koala skulls for the skull throne!

Edited by Jaspcat

I, Cheexsta, command the Legio Cruentus through my battlefield proxy, Althor Belisarius. Before Horus' great failure, we were warriors of the World Eaters' 12th Company, and we are the truest of the Astartes - those weakling pretenders who call themselves Space Marines must be destroyed. At our hands, blood shall flow through the ruined streets of the Imperium as surely as it flows through our veins.

Brother Cheexsta, you stand upon the sands eternal, company, clan and commander emblazoned upon the Brass record until the heartblood of the universe itself scours it clean.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

A recent addition to the Cabal of the severed heads, Rataxxus Headtaker has become a notorious plague of the fringe systems of the imperium. Attacking seemingly at random, Rataxxus will make planet fall smuggled through various methods. Patiently he bides his time as his agents secure a means of rapid egress.

With the speed of a thunder-clap Rataxxus and his followers will burst forth from their hiding and slay any and all in their path. They leave a bloody wake of death and destruction and then leave the system without notice or warning. Whether these seemingly random acts of violence are part of a greater plot, or just to satiate the malice-filled sentient axe clutched in Rataxxus’s mailed fist is unknown.  What is known is that as Rataxxus’s death toll rises, so does the throng of blood splattered followers. Recently the addition of several nail driven berserkers has made the subtle planet entry less of an option. Perhaps a prolonged slaughter may be in order sometime in the near future...

Fluff time !

Little is known of the history of Jural Kordash, and what fragments remain of his record during the Heresy are unclear. 

It is true, that he served with one of the Expeditionary Echelons during the Great Crusades, and post-Ghenna remained on the edge of the Eastern Fringe awaiting recall from the 'exile' imposed upon them. By the events of Istvaan, the Echelon had only just received word of Horus' actions, and even the Siege of Terra itself seemed beyond reach.

Due to the chaotic times, further details are at best, informed guesses, but it would appear that the Echelon arrived in orbit during the closing stages. Barring some minor skirmishes around the Lions Gate Spaceport, it's involvement seemed to be limited to the evacuation of numerous traitors from various elements, most probably the withdrawal of Legio Audax [Ember Wolves] remnants, and it's own preservation.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/d/dc/WEArt.jpg 

Within our current age, Jural Kordash holds command of a sizeable warband, Lord of the Brazen Maw, a notorious splinter of the ill-fated World Eaters Legion. Predominantly fleet based, it scours through familiar territory on the Eastern Fringe, perhaps in an echo of a foregone era, waging bloodshed against the Imperium and xeno alike. His second, Davok Tamerian, retains ties with Traitor Titan Legions still, with sightings of Arks within the fleet formation not uncommon.

The Cleansing of Artho, the Fire of Pollim Nebula, and the notorious Massacre of Illiarn. Truly, a threat that must be extinguished with haste.

--- excerpt of report_ Ordo Malleus_ compiled by_ [unknown] ---

So, I oldschoolsoviet, present Lord Jural Kordash, head of the Brazen Maw, terror of the Eastern Fringe, and with the possibility of an in-depth Massacre of Illiarn (that's 'eye-double el' -arn) thread in the near future. Too busy finishing up a squad to be more creative this evening, but I can haz badge nao ?  :laugh.:

(Side note : All these wonderful Heresy 'Companies' and 'Grand Companies' make me chuckle, as reading the ol' fluff and HH books states the World Eaters used the term 'Echelons'. Yep, bit Alpha-ish for my taste too, but it ties in with the Roman hereditary.)

Brothers Soviet and Oreaper, you stand written in red. 

Loving the fluff work so far! I can always use new reading material, and this is aces. 

Alright, I'll join the fray. I've always loved Khorne. I built my entire 3d edition army around Rhino rushes filled with plasma wielding berzerkers. Even before that, my original Chaos Lord was named Augustus b'Raas (Augustus now being the eight month, get it?). Chaos is my one and only love and except my Night Lords commander, all of my Lords have held the same name. Even when I shifted to Word Bearers in 2012, I built a truescale Khornate Dark Apostle named Augustus b'Raass.

But then I went over to the VIII.... And I've been thinking of a way to incorporate those awesome FW Khornate bodies and heads into my Night Lords lately, but can't find a way to justify painting those awesome models blue. Also, I'm building an eight-legged Lord of Skulls and I'll be damned if I paint that guy blue. After reading this XII legion roll call I´ve decided I will insert a small detachement of XII legion warriors into my current Chaos Warband: a ship full of former XIIth legion lunatics following my VIII legion armada. The commander will actually be sequentially named after my former Chaos Lords, and thus will hold the same name as me - Augustus b'Raass. (I figured since everyone starts with "I", I won't be frowned upon as some onanistic weirdo :wink: ) Here goes: 

I am Augustus b'Raass, and I command what's left of the World Eaters' 59th Echelon, "Prostration's Cull". The XII is dead. We live on in the name of hate. We seek only to kill those with hope. To slaughter those who pray. To flay those with faith. To eat worlds of that weakling Imperium, held together by the followers of the corpse they call ´emperor´. We bow to none. 

The Hellbringer Class cruiser "Rending Blade" of the warband known as Prostration's Cull started following the ships of the VIII legion 47th company in M39. After a short parley with Zhaqael´s representative, it was agreed that b´Raass´s ship and warriors were free to follow Zhaqael's fleet and join engagements, as long as they would not interfere with armada operations. Any interdiction would be cause to destroy the Rending Blade. Now, like cuttlefish to a shark, they have attached themself to Zhaqael's armada, hoping to pick off targets and take skulls for their lord. In engagements, they have proven themselves to be a valuable asset to 47th Night Lords' terror tactics, functioning as shock assault troops and raiding parties. During one major ground operation in the Valsolian Sector, Terror squads of the Night´s Reapers reported a 59th Echelon deployment of a heavy walker of unknown designation. Zhaqael´s warsmith has now taken an interest in the Rending Blade´s cargo holds, which scanners show hold several larger siege engines. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Welcome, Brother-Slaughterers, and thank you all for the wonderful, fluffy bits! :smile.:

Here are your badges. Wear them with pride!

we_badge_cheexsta.png

we_badge_oldschoolsoviet.png

we_badge_oreaper84.png

we_badge_augustusbraass.png

@ OSS: Regarding the questions of whether our legion uses "echelons" or "companies": With all due respect to the various GW and BL writers, but even in my time in the hobby, we have transitioned from companies to assault companies to echelons -- and I have probably even missed a few steps here. The BL books and stories, particularly the great ones, seem to use "company", while "echelon" is probably an invention of the FW HH books. Anyway, to make a long story short, I can only speak for myself, but the 4th assault company will stay the 4th assault company, thank you very much ;)

@ Augustus B'Raass: Aw, mate, I can hardly wait for your World Eaters! Awesome!  :)

Edited by KrautScientist

EDIT: Well, I think what I had written a few weeks ago is gone for good. Oh well.

I, Papewaio, command the remnants of the 27th Assault Company, through my plastic avatar known as Lord Bekru. Through ten thousand years he has fought the long war, conquering and murdering and betraying to stay alive. Most in the Bloodslaved are not of the Twelfth Legion of old, being opposing warbands forced into subservience and worship of the Blood God.

The Bloodslaved's armada was one of the largest Khornate fleets during the Gothic War, and known to use a wider variety of tactics than is commonly seen by devotees of Khorne. It is whispered that the Lord of the Bloodslaved has learnt how to control and subdue the bite of the Butcher's Nails, although those precious few who have witnessed him in battle and survived say that is impossible, such is his wrath...

Edited by Papewaio

"I am Styrian Blood Hand, I need no story told to display my right to honour Khorne with all of your worthless skulls!

When this day has done and the skies have bled dry and your mouths are filled to the brim, I will liberate your heads

from your bodies! So fight well but know you this; you will die!!"

May I, Plague of Sedition, humbly present my lord and master; Styrian Bloodhand, Devourer of worlds and rightful heir

to the broken crown of Angron:

gallery_69677_9195_104516.jpg

Information about Styrian is hard to come by as those who get close enough to find anything out usually end up with

their head flying from their shoulders.. Suffice to say what information has been ascertained is that he leads a mean

bunch of blood thirsty mongrels known as "The Blood Reavers", a warband scraped together to honour Khorne

with as many skulls as they can get.

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

@ plague of sedition: Welcome to the slaughter! I've said it before and I've said it again: That is a seriously sweet looking Khornate warlord! As for being the true heir to Angron's broken crown, though: You wish ;)

Anyway, here's your badge, mate:

we_badge_plagueofsedition.png

There's something else that I would like to share with you: Something I wrote up some time ago for the fluff forum over at Throne of Skulls. (which, by the way, is another really great resource for followers of Khorne!) I half-jokingly calling it the Khornate Warlord Personality Test version 1.0:

The idea for this topic originated in a conversation with Biohazard, when he was thinking about how to redesign his chaos lord. Since I found conceptualising my own warlord pretty difficult, this set me thinking about what makes a good leader for a World Eaters warband. And as someone who likes to think about the modeling side as well as the background of the models, I thought that figuring out what kind of guy your warlord was could be a pretty big help when trying to come up with a suitable model.

But how best to determine your warlord’s character? Especially if you’re not regularly writing your own fluff and have not yet worked out a huge backstory for your force? My own take was that to figure out the character of a World Eaters officer, it would be very helpful to determine his stance on a number of matters, from the history of his legion to their sundering at Skalathrax. So I came up with a small “personality test”, if you will, that should help you find out what kind of character you want your warlord to be:

Take a look at the following questions and think about which answer your warlord would give – or which one you like best. There’ll be a result at the end, although that really only shows a general tendency in order to point you in a direction to start.

I do of course realise that this test is neither scientific nor all-encompassing: The truly interesting characters might indeed be hidden between the three stock types defined by me. But maybe it’s a good way of starting to think about your warlord and fleshing him out more. And it goes without saying that you are all very welcome to offer all kinds of constructive criticism or come up with new questions or archetypes! I would love this tool to grow and become more interesting and helpful over time, so a community effort would be very much appreciated! :)

So have fun and let me know what you think!

I. Khorne is the god of…
a. Bloodshed
b. Warfare
c. Martial pride

II. The War Hounds were
a. A pack of lapdogs best forgotten
b. A footnote in history
c. An honourable legion wrongly collared and ultimately betrayed by the false Emperor

III. The World Eaters are
a. Khorne’s Chosen
b. A dead legion sundered at Skalathrax
c. A band of brothers

IV. Your main feeling towards Angron:
a. Apathy
b. Resentment
c. Loyalty

V. The Battle of Skalathrax was…
a. The rightful purging of the weak and cowardly within the legion
b. Inconsequential
c. A day of shame and the death of your brotherhood

VI. Khârn the Betrayer is
a. A avatar of the Blood God himself, to be worshipped and emulated
b. A dangerous opponent
c. A mindless animal responsible for the sundering of the legion

VII. The Butcher’s Nails are
a. A blessed gift of Khorne
b. A useful tool
c. A canker that eats upon our legion

VIII. During a planetary invasion you…
a. Kill anyone indiscriminately, for Khorne cares not whence the blood flows, only that it flows.
b. Kill any opponent you come across. They are all followers of the false Emperor, after all.
c. Make a beeline for the worthiest opponents: enemy champions, accomplished warriors. Only those can sate your thirst.

IX Between battles you will…
a. Turn on your brothers to pacify the nails singing in your head
b. Spend your time in dark brooding over your own damnation
c. Try your best to function as a leader to your men

X. You decorate yourself in the skulls of your enemies in order to…
a. Show your devotion to Khorne
b. Mock their weakness
c. Honour their strength by allowing their dead eyes to see the battlefield again

XI. An enemy performing admirably in battle…
a. should be cut down in the cruelest way possible for daring to challenge you
b. should be cut down just as all the others
c. should be saluted for his prowess

Results:

Predominantly A: The Berserker

“KILL! MAIM! BURN! KILL! MAIM! BURN!”

Bloodshed is all that you exist for. You barely function when off the battlefield and become a whirlwind of destruction when on it. Whoever stands in your way will be cut down. Only when you kill do you find reprive from the bite of the nails. Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for his Throne!

Predominantly B: The Blood Knight

“We are a legion no longer – Skalathrax ended that foolishness. There is no loyalty, no honour. There is only war."

You resent the depths to which your legion has fallen, but it is of little consequence. The galaxy will burn, and you will see to it. Kill them all, and wear their skulls to show the galaxy that you’re not to be messed with. Except that you sometimes cannot drown out the nagging feeling of what could have been…

Predominantly C: The Noble Daemon

“Only the worthiest prey will prove our own worth! And only our honour will keep us alive. Lest we become the dogs we once were.”

The legion had devolved into a mere pack of wild hounds, and Skalathrax was the just reward for that. You serve the Blood God, but you do so on your own conditions: Honour and glory are the last things this galaxy has to offer you, and you will claim them and rise above the mindless animals most of your former brothers have turned into. And retain a sense of the brotherhood and honour once shared by the eaters of worlds.

Fantastic. Thanks K-Sci (love that abbreviation Flint) - that really helps fleshing out my WE warband's fluff. My signing up here yesterday has really sparked my imagination and inspiration. 

Now on to the colour scheme. As you know I am an avid airbrusher - but I always have trouble with red (it´s the reason I ditched the WB and started the NL). Now, does anyone have a recipe for really deep, dark airbrushed red that doesn´t involve washes or glazes?