++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Thanks. Will try the thinned white solution you suggested to fix what I consider is a less than stellar wash job. 

As for the cabling, do you mean on the Legionaries' chests? That was done the same as the ones on the infantry - Abaddon Black basecoat followed by an edge highlight of Boltgun Metal to give the cabling sheathing a worn, used look. 

The Javelin is finished. First attempt on painting vehicle-mounted lascannons... Not too shabby. 

http://s8.postimg.org/k00o0q7h1/Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/n855drtqt/Full_Size_Render_6.jpg

The engines, antigravity plates, and weapon barrels were all originally painted with Boltgun Metal and layered with Runefang Steel. They look like they do thanks to the FW rust weathering powder and AK Interactive Engine Oil I applied in liberal quantities. The idea is to depict this vehicle as having in the field for an extended amount of time without resupply/maintenance. That and to make any servants of the Machine-God cry. :P

I Nova_Chron of the bloodied hand do pledge my loyalty to our father the red angel and in his name the XII legion 15th company know as the bloodied hand will go to war in Angrons name we hunt! Blood begets Blood my brothers the imperium will tremble as the blood red hand of the world eaters falls upon them!

Nothing to show yet but I hope to begin work on my legion in the next month or so need to sell some more space wolves to fund my latest nails induced addiction

Edited by Nova_chron

Welcome to the arena, brother!

Looking forward for your fluff.

If you'd fancy some link ups/cameos with my dudes you'd be more than welcome.

...If you last long enough in the pits.

Jaspcat/Kurama might have something to say about the 14th company... :P

To be honest I've heard the call for a long time but I've never really liked how the CSM codex played but with the legion rules I just feel like the opportunity for building cool units and just buying what I like when it strikes me is to good to pass up I should hopefully have some fluff for the bloodied hand soon

For completion's sake, I'd also like to post this old work of mine.

I made him four or five years ago, when I started my 40k World Eaters.

Much of that army is now lost, but I still like him, and one day I'll improve him a little bit.

For now... let me give you

Solomon Drakon, Tyrant of Numida, Terror of Daemons, Exhalted Champion of Khorne, First among Angron's Chosen

http://s30.postimg.org/xr7h9lcch/103_1980.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/qg7djq6kh/103_1982.jpg

I like this guy a lot.

For completion's sake, I'd also like to post this old work of mine.

I made him four or five years ago, when I started my 40k World Eaters.

Much of that army is now lost, but I still like him, and one day I'll improve him a little bit.

For now... let me give you

Solomon Drakon, Tyrant of Numida, Terror of Daemons, Exhalted Champion of Khorne, First among Angron's Chosen

[images]

I like this guy a lot.

This makes me an happy berserker.

Thanks ^_^

Thanks KS I plan to enjoy my time among Angrons sons

*Ahem*

:tongue.:

In other news, The Bloodied Hand has been etched upon the Brass Record. Stand proud, bring us honor and bring us skulls.

Get to it!

Edited by Flint13

Yeah.... all blood (well, not xenos blood, so my khornate eldar have to sulk in the khorner, but whatever).
The real thing I wanted to talk about was shared numbers.
It seems to me that at least after skalathrax, most of the numbers would probably be used by multiple groups of marines, all claiming to be the true successors. Additionally, in 10k years I am sure most groups have seen a couple changes in leadership (hopefully bloody ;)). Plus there is the issue of poor records keeping. All of that together seems to me to mean that many people can share the same number.

Yeah.... all blood (well, not xenos blood, so my khornate eldar have to sulk in the khorner, but whatever).

It seems to me that at least after skalathrax, most of the numbers would probably be used by multiple groups of marines, all claiming to be the true successors. Additionally, in 10k years I am sure most groups have seen a couple changes in leadership (hopefully bloody :wink:). Plus there is the issue of poor records keeping. All of that together seems to me to mean that many people can share the same number.

Sadly, this does not work for pre-heresy, because the Legion still had a clear organisation.

Post Heresy, sure, it may be awesome to have players establish a common fluff and having their warbands hailing from the same company/having someone's post heresy leader inherit someone else's pre-heresy company.

While I'm on topic, I'll never stress enough how cool would it be to start having some fluff links between our armies.

Makes no sense for all of our armies to exist in a vacuum, no?

I'm saying this again 'cause the topic seems to have faded into nothing... I am talking with LongGone at the moment and I'm sure something cool is gonna come from it.

Whoever would like something like that is more than welcome to drop me a pm :smile.:

Edited by Kharn the Bloody

Thanks KS I plan to enjoy my time among Angrons sons

*Ahem*

:tongue.:

In other news, The Bloodied Hand has been etched upon the Brass Record. Stand proud, bring us honor and bring us skulls.

Get to it!

Sorry flint haha can't forget you

Naturally if I wanted to say what's on my mind, Flint would punch me through the screen before giving me a warning.

Unrelated and sad, I completely forgot the direction I wanted my Warband to take.

It may have to do with 4 consequtivr

E days of working two shifts and getting roughly three hours of sleep a day.

It seems to me that at least after skalathrax, most of the numbers would probably be used by multiple groups of marines, all claiming to be the true successors. Additionally, in 10k years I am sure most groups have seen a couple changes in leadership (hopefully bloody :wink:). Plus there is the issue of poor records keeping. All of that together seems to me to mean that many people can share the same number.

Sadly, this does not work for pre-heresy, because the Legion still had a clear organisation.

Post Heresy, sure, it may be awesome to have players establish a common fluff and having their warbands hailing from the same company/having someone's post heresy leader inherit someone else's pre-heresy company.

It works at any and all times, for all the same reasons. No Legion had a clean organization, as is noted quite a few times in the Heresy books. And the Imperium of the Great Crusade is not much different than its later form, if for different reasons. When you have armies in the quadrillions, accurate accounting is far from assured.

There is nothing stopping someone from having the same Company number as someone else, because nobody owns their choice or has first dibs. If a fluffy reason is desired to explain it away, there are multiple different ways in which that can be done to accommodate both retaining the number, no matter the when.

It works at any and all times, for all the same reasons. No Legion had a clean organization, as is noted quite a few times in the Heresy books. And the Imperium of the Great Crusade is not much different than its later form, if for different reasons. When you have armies in the quadrillions, accurate accounting is far from assured.

There is nothing stopping someone from having the same Company number as someone else, because nobody owns their choice or has first dibs. If a fluffy reason is desired to explain it away, there are multiple different ways in which that can be done to accommodate both retaining the number, no matter the when.

I'd like if you could elaborate a little more.

Where is it said that equally numbered companies coexisted?

By the way: clearly we're not doing something official by any means, here, but tying things up and giving them coherence, as long as we people are willing to organise it, can only make it all the more awesome. 

I'd like if you could elaborate a little more.

Where is it said that equally numbered companies coexisted?

Didn't say examples exist already, at least not in the 30k setting, they do in 40k, just that ample room for such an occurrence exists. Like the fact that the Legion that should be most aware of its various components at that time, the recalled VII Legion, tries, and ultimately fails, to compile a comprehensive list. Compare that to the World Eaters, who were losing and reforming companies at an alarming rate, commanded by a Primarch who just wouldn't care.