++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

@ Aspiringchaoschampion: Hmm, it's stated in "Khârn - Eater of Worlds" that they didn't recruit between Terra and Skalathrax, slowly bleeding out. But there are also multiple mentions in the fluff of "berzerker surgeons", who know how to install Butcher's Nails, so that points towards recruitment or, at the very least, forceful conversion. Come to think of it, Forgeworld's Lord Zhufor was originally a loyalist who was forcibly converted by the World Eaters legion...

Oh, and there's one particular part in Fantasy Flight's "Tome of Blood" that reads to me as though the World Eaters might be recruiting from gladiatorial pits and worlds around the Great Eye.

Edited by KrautScientist

@ Aspiringchaoschampion: Hmm, it's stated in "Khârn - Eater of Worlds" that they didn't recruit between Terra and Skalathrax, slowly bleeding out. But there are also multiple mentions in the fluff of "berzerker surgeons", who know how to install Butcher's Nails, so that points towards recruitment or, at the very least, forceful conversion. Come to think of it, Forgeworld's Lord Zhufor was originally a loyalist who was forcibly converted by the World Eaters legion...

Oh, and there's one particular part in Fantasy Flight's "Tome of Blood" that reads to me as though the World Eaters might be recruiting from gladiatorial pits and worlds around the Great Eye.

I'll be honest its one thing which has never made sense to me

Hey everyone,

for those of you who - like me - enjoy ADB's writing, this will probably be pretty interesting news. You will see that I've taken the liberty to invite him over for blood and skulls ;)

Haha awesome! Glad to see A DB picked the superior legion.

Thanks for the bloggie name drop, btw.

For the record, if we're talking silly XII legion titles, I prefer "Slaughter-Daughter" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I wrote up some rules for a (somewhat silly) skalathrax scenario that I was wanting some advice on.

Here it is. I would love some advice on making sure it fits the feel of Khârn Betrayal* right. I alos wanted to make sure it seemed like any given player could win, even though it is admittedly pretty random.

*depending on viewpoint

• 2 weeks later...

#picksthemicbackup

What is a World Eater?

'What are we, cousin? We are the mutilated sons of a broken father, a father who cared nothing for his children. We are the warriors of the Twelfth Legion Astartes, the feral Hounds of War who fought the sons of Russ ten thousand of the Imperium's years ago. We are the men who bled out on slabs, to install ticking pain engines into our skulls.

'We are the chosen of the Eightfold Path of Blood and Skulls, the worshippers of a God of Insatiable Rage. We are the betrayed, the damned of Skalathrax, where our brother turned upon his own. We are the bane of the Emperor, and his most brutal foes.

'We are the Eternal Hunt, the Scions of Gorechild, Angron's Chosen. We are the Fell Brethren, the Bloodslaved, and the Reavers in the Void. We are Unbroken, Charnel Wraiths, Children of Cuth'Vasi, and the Sinner's Swords. But above all else...

'We are the Hounds of War, the Final Sanction, the Black Children of Terra. We are the Eaters of Worlds, the Broken, and the Feared. We are Gods of the Arena, the Fractured, and the Gore-soaked. Our creed has but a single tenet-

'BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!'

@The Psycho: Nailed it. Nice speech :smile.:

So, who's going to try playing his World Eaters with the new Daemonkin codex?

Edited by Kharn the Bloody

@ The Psycho: That was ...absolutely amazing! Well played, mate, well played! ;)

@ Conn Eremon: I agree 100% with this assessment -- I always thought this was the great irony of the World Eaters, and the fact that really gives their fall an extra tragic twist.

@KTB and K-Sci: Totes thanks guys. Glad you liked it.

On another note, the Daemonkin Codex comes out today. Not real excited 'bout it, but I'd love to hear others thoughts on it.

You can find that discussion here.

I have always thought of the World Eaters and Angron as damned before they even knew it. 

Think about it: ours was the the most bloody-handed of Legions in the Emperor's service. The Eldar sent a strike force to kill our father moments after he climbed out of his incubation pod. The direction our Legion would embark on was chosen for us before we took our first step towards damnation, with every atrocity committed along the way a step further down the Eightfold Path. 

On a side note, I have finally managed to put my Spartan together. Now I just need ETL IV to start so I can finally finish my army. 

It's been a long time coming, but I've finally painted my Angron model!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/cheex/HPC-2015/Mar/CYMERA_20150331_211235_zpsnlcutkjj.jpg

Still have some minor details to complete (the WE symbols and some touch-ups, mainly), but good enough for now...

Honestly, I think its a separate topic, but I believe the Mods are discussing that.

Not that I have an issue with our esteemed World Eater kin, but there is a very large difference between World Eaters and KDK to me.

Ah well I have always loved Khârn and the eighth company from the heresy era. Everything about Khârn and his men and the relationships between them is amazing. Plus who doesn't love an army that would rather challenge the emperor's BS than stand with him tehe

-- I am Adra'Melek, the War Hound. As a proud warrior of the Emperor, I command the 14th Echalon of the Twelfth legion, the Hounds of Molossia.

"Never, with them on guard, need you fear for your stalls a midnight thief, or onslaught of wolves, or brigands at your back"

The neverstarting project.

"Crawl away dog, and take your Hounds with you. Next time I see you it will be to spit on your corpse"

Angron, at Praetor Lőrinc Jakab of the XIV Echelon 'Hounds of Molossia', of the World Eaters Legion before their exile to the Ghoul Stars.

And to reuse some old material.

Henrik fell to the floor following the blow from his Praetor, “You lie, traitor” spat Lőrinc Jakab, fury naked in his eyes. Henrik Illés leaped to his feet, eyes bulging and twitching as the Nails buzzed into action. Around the room the others shifted to intercept him. He closed his eyes, breathing deep and muttering under his breath until he calmed the urges being artificially generated. “Do you know how easy it would be to give in? To submit to their call?” Henrik opened his eyes to glare at Jakab, “I tell the truth as I know it, Horus has betrayed the Emperor along with our sire. Our brothers in this fleet are preparing to wipe out those whose loyalty is to the Emperor…including you.”

“Watch your tongue, cur” rumbled Sas, holding as Jakab raised a hand.

“Tell me what makes you believe this nonsense. I could be convinced of anything from that madman” Jakab not even attempting to keep the contempt from his voice, “but Horus? Never.”

“Alinejad. He’s been whispering poison in the ears of my brothers,” meaning the others inflicted with the Nails. “He claims for speak for Angron and for Horus, not that many of them need much prompting. If anything he’s struggling to hold them in check”.

“We must warn the others”, said Sas.

“How?” asked Henrik, “which of the crew can you trust? Or will you go yourself? If Alinejad suspects, he will unleash his rapid dogs.”

He sighed, suddenly wary “I know of those who’s loyalty to the Emperor is beyond doubt…but you must vow they will not receive repercussions.”

“Why would they…” began Balogh, but Jakab once again held up a hand to stall him.

“How are you able to control the Nails, Illés”

Henrik gave the Praetor a long stare, the odd spasm passing across his face, before saying “the Emperor Protects”.

Henrik Illés, 1st Chaplain of the XIV Echalon, Executionor of the Lost, Warden of the Faithful

One day. One day I will get beyond the odd model.

Edited by Adra'Melek

Do Khorne Daemonkin count for this thread or will there be a separate topic started elsewhere?

I'll be sorting out a commuinty topic for Daemon-kin soon :biggrin.:

Woohoo! Thank you.