Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

World Eaters Legion XII Legion Legio XII Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
2118 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,684 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

@ Aspiringchaoschampion: Hmm, it's stated in "Khârn - Eater of Worlds" that they didn't recruit between Terra and Skalathrax, slowly bleeding out. But there are also multiple mentions in the fluff of "berzerker surgeons", who know how to install Butcher's Nails, so that points towards recruitment or, at the very least, forceful conversion. Come to think of it, Forgeworld's Lord Zhufor was originally a loyalist who was forcibly converted by the World Eaters legion...

Oh, and there's one particular part in Fantasy Flight's "Tome of Blood" that reads to me as though the World Eaters might be recruiting from gladiatorial pits and worlds around the Great Eye.

Edited by KrautScientist, 03 March 2015 - 12:17 PM.

Aspiringchaoschampion

Aspiringchaoschampion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 1,303 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Necrosis

@ Aspiringchaoschampion: Hmm, it's stated in "Khârn - Eater of Worlds" that they didn't recruit between Terra and Skalathrax, slowly bleeding out. But there are also multiple mentions in the fluff of "berzerker surgeons", who know how to install Butcher's Nails, so that points towards recruitment or, at the very least, forceful conversion. Come to think of it, Forgeworld's Lord Zhufor was originally a loyalist who was forcibly converted by the World Eaters legion...

Oh, and there's one particular part in Fantasy Flight's "Tome of Blood" that reads to me as though the World Eaters might be recruiting from gladiatorial pits and worlds around the Great Eye.

I'll be honest its one thing which has never made sense to me
Only through accepting Nurgleth into our hearts can we achieve our full potential
ETL 2015 Banner 01 Oath Of Moment

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

Hey everyone,

for those of you who - like me - enjoy ADB's writing, this will probably be pretty interesting news. You will see that I've taken the liberty to invite him over for blood and skulls ;)

Haha awesome! Glad to see A DB picked the superior legion.

Thanks for the bloggie name drop, btw.

For the record, if we're talking silly XII legion titles, I prefer "Slaughter-Daughter" :D
  • Barraka, A D-B and KrautScientist like this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"This is my lady-mod voice." Posted Image
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Hey folks, I wrote up some rules for a (somewhat silly) skalathrax scenario that I was wanting some advice on.

Here it is. I would love some advice on making sure it fits the feel of Khârn Betrayal* right. I alos wanted to make sure it seemed like any given player could win, even though it is admittedly pretty random.

*depending on viewpoint

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Tenebris

Tenebris

++ SERVATOR FERINUS ++

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,548 posts
  • Faction: XVth

What is a World Eater?

There is only the Truth. I do not know what it is, but I do believe in it!

Attributed to Dark Apostle Toren Mar, Chapter of the Broken Seal, 71st Host, Word Bearers Legion.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Barraka

Barraka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

n6pPnEO.jpg

#dropsthemic

• RolandTHTG, Captain Tezdal, Papewaio and 4 others like this

Khonate/Nurglith WIP Chaos log - Path of Blood & Blight

Charnel Guard WIP Sons of Baal successor log - Coming Soon

"The Astartes in war is a shocking, savage sight."
~Dan Abnett - Horus Rising

Lemmingspawn: "But it's an evil destructive robot so I have to speak of aesthetics and artistic appeal in hushed tones so it does not attempt to destroy me..."

we_badge_barraka.png

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,479 posts

#picksthemicbackup

What is a World Eater?

'What are we, cousin? We are the mutilated sons of a broken father, a father who cared nothing for his children. We are the warriors of the Twelfth Legion Astartes, the feral Hounds of War who fought the sons of Russ ten thousand of the Imperium's years ago. We are the men who bled out on slabs, to install ticking pain engines into our skulls.

'We are the chosen of the Eightfold Path of Blood and Skulls, the worshippers of a God of Insatiable Rage. We are the betrayed, the damned of Skalathrax, where our brother turned upon his own. We are the bane of the Emperor, and his most brutal foes.

'We are the Eternal Hunt, the Scions of Gorechild, Angron's Chosen. We are the Fell Brethren, the Bloodslaved, and the Reavers in the Void. We are Unbroken, Charnel Wraiths, Children of Cuth'Vasi, and the Sinner's Swords. But above all else...

'We are the Hounds of War, the Final Sanction, the Black Children of Terra. We are the Eaters of Worlds, the Broken, and the Feared. We are Gods of the Arena, the Fractured, and the Gore-soaked. Our creed has but a single tenet-

'BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!'

• RolandTHTG, Barraka, Papewaio and 4 others like this

gallery_48988_15465_712.pnggallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,200 posts
  • Faction: Emerald Tigers

Warriors who would rather die for freedom than live enslaved, yet chose a life of eternal slavery over freedom.

And they don't even know it.

• Nomus Sardauk and Flint13 like this

Posted Image

Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes

Guilliman Heresy | Corax Coup | Conn's DIY Projects | Liber Surgery

The Liber Cluster II is now live!

The_Bloody

The_Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters, Dark Angels

@The Psycho: Nailed it. Nice speech smile.png

So, who's going to try playing his World Eaters with the new Daemonkin codex?

Edited by Kharn the Bloody, 28 March 2015 - 08:14 AM.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,684 posts

@ The Psycho: That was ...absolutely amazing! Well played, mate, well played! ;)

@ Conn Eremon: I agree 100% with this assessment -- I always thought this was the great irony of the World Eaters, and the fact that really gives their fall an extra tragic twist.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,479 posts
@KTB and K-Sci: Totes thanks guys. Glad you liked it.

On another note, the Daemonkin Codex comes out today. Not real excited 'bout it, but I'd love to hear others thoughts on it.

gallery_48988_15465_712.pnggallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,049 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

@KTB and K-Sci: Totes thanks guys. Glad you liked it.

On another note, the Daemonkin Codex comes out today. Not real excited 'bout it, but I'd love to hear others thoughts on it.

You can find that discussion here.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Relict

Relict

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 685 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters, Ultramarines

I have always thought of the World Eaters and Angron as damned before they even knew it. 

Think about it: ours was the the most bloody-handed of Legions in the Emperor's service. The Eldar sent a strike force to kill our father moments after he climbed out of his incubation pod. The direction our Legion would embark on was chosen for us before we took our first step towards damnation, with every atrocity committed along the way a step further down the Eightfold Path. 

On a side note, I have finally managed to put my Spartan together. Now I just need ETL IV to start so I can finally finish my army. 

• The_Bloody likes this

13ye24g.png

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,878 posts
It's been a long time coming, but I've finally painted my Angron model!

CYMERA_20150331_211235_zpsnlcutkjj.jpg

Still have some minor details to complete (the WE symbols and some touch-ups, mainly), but good enough for now...
  • Augustus b'Raass, Adra'Melek, KrautScientist and 3 others like this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,684 posts

Great job, mate!

The Nookie

The Nookie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

Hey Guys and Gals, I am a huge fan of the World Eaters, starting to play and paint 30k World Eaters, covered in blood of course, but I was wondering if I could join this group?

Death to the False Emperor 

we_badge_thenookie.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US.

Sure, just give your designation I believe.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

The Nookie

The Nookie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

What do you mean by designation?

we_badge_thenookie.png

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,049 posts

Do Khorne Daemonkin count for this thread or will there be a separate topic started elsewhere?

Edited by Venomlust, 31 March 2015 - 06:06 PM.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,905 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Honestly, I think its a separate topic, but I believe the Mods are discussing that.

Not that I have an issue with our esteemed World Eater kin, but there is a very large difference between World Eaters and KDK to me.

This forum is both over, and under, moderated.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

By designation I mean your chapter/company/warband name.

The Nookie

The Nookie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

Ah well I have always loved Khârn and the eighth company from the heresy era. Everything about Khârn and his men and the relationships between them is amazing. Plus who doesn't love an army that would rather challenge the emperor's BS than stand with him tehe

we_badge_thenookie.png

Adra'Melek

Adra'Melek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,648 posts
-- I am Adra'Melek, the War Hound. As a proud warrior of the Emperor, I command the 14th Echalon of the Twelfth legion, the Hounds of Molossia.

"Never, with them on guard, need you fear for your stalls a midnight thief, or onslaught of wolves, or brigands at your back"

The neverstarting project.

"Crawl away dog, and take your Hounds with you. Next time I see you it will be to spit on your corpse"

Angron, at Praetor Lőrinc Jakab of the XIV Echelon 'Hounds of Molossia', of the World Eaters Legion before their exile to the Ghoul Stars.

And to reuse some old material.

Henrik fell to the floor following the blow from his Praetor, “You lie, traitor” spat Lőrinc Jakab, fury naked in his eyes. Henrik Illés leaped to his feet, eyes bulging and twitching as the Nails buzzed into action. Around the room the others shifted to intercept him. He closed his eyes, breathing deep and muttering under his breath until he calmed the urges being artificially generated. “Do you know how easy it would be to give in? To submit to their call?” Henrik opened his eyes to glare at Jakab, “I tell the truth as I know it, Horus has betrayed the Emperor along with our sire. Our brothers in this fleet are preparing to wipe out those whose loyalty is to the Emperor…including you.”
“Watch your tongue, cur” rumbled Sas, holding as Jakab raised a hand.
“Tell me what makes you believe this nonsense. I could be convinced of anything from that madman” Jakab not even attempting to keep the contempt from his voice, “but Horus? Never.”
“Alinejad. He’s been whispering poison in the ears of my brothers,” meaning the others inflicted with the Nails. “He claims for speak for Angron and for Horus, not that many of them need much prompting. If anything he’s struggling to hold them in check”.

“We must warn the others”, said Sas.
“How?” asked Henrik, “which of the crew can you trust? Or will you go yourself? If Alinejad suspects, he will unleash his rapid dogs.”

He sighed, suddenly wary “I know of those who’s loyalty to the Emperor is beyond doubt…but you must vow they will not receive repercussions.”
“Why would they…” began Balogh, but Jakab once again held up a hand to stall him.
“How are you able to control the Nails, Illés”
Henrik gave the Praetor a long stare, the odd spasm passing across his face, before saying “the Emperor Protects”.

Henrik Illés, 1st Chaplain of the XIV Echalon, Executionor of the Lost, Warden of the Faithful

One day. One day I will get beyond the odd model.

Edited by Adra'Melek, 31 March 2015 - 07:33 PM.

• KrautScientist likes this

IMG_1400.JPGIMG_1358.JPGsml_gallery_29004_10691_5889.pngsml_gallery_29004_6198_5899.pngdnvr16J.jpg

Iron-Daemon Forge

Iron-Daemon Forge

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,111 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Do Khorne Daemonkin count for this thread or will there be a separate topic started elsewhere?

I'll be sorting out a commuinty topic for Daemon-kin soon :D

• Scribe likes this

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page
Iron-Daemon Forge Instagram

gallery_48988_15465_7633.pnggallery_48988_15465_13373.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.png

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1065
White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,049 posts

I'll be sorting out a commuinty topic for Daemon-kin soon biggrin.png

Woohoo! Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters Legion, XII Legion, Legio XII, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users