++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

I really should pop by more often. But you lot really need to vary the decor and mix a few more scents in with the smell of blood. It's just so old now :wink:

Oh PU-LEASE: Blood never goes out of style. But it's easy to see why a Slaneeshi dog like yourself wouldn't understand...:wink:

@ The Nookie: I agree with Flint that your army seems to be on a good way -- you really need to change the bases, though: Why not just experiment with a bit of cork, some modeling sand and a pot of Agrellan Earth before buying any expensive resin bases, though? You'd be amazed at how easy it can be to come up with some pretty neat bases with very little work!

@ Kurama: Here you go, mate:

we_badge_kurama.png

Oh, and while most of you will probably have seen my completed model for Lord Captain Lorimar over in my WIP thread, I just cannot resist posting him again here, because I am pretty happy with the model :wink:

master-of-the-hunt-02.jpg

This is the photoshopped glamour shot, of course, so for the unmitigated truth, head over here.

Edited by KrautScientist

I also find it hilarious that these kinds of pictures are now being referred to as 'glamour shots'. :wink:

Not my fault -- I believe Flint started it (as usual...;) ). Then again, there is something very apt about the term: It seems like a  tongue in cheek remark about the slightly the very clearly photoshopped (and slightly garish) nature of these pictures...

I also find it hilarious that these kinds of pictures are now being referred to as 'glamour shots'. :wink:

Not my fault -- I believe Flint started it (as usual...:wink: ). Then again, there is something very apt about the term: It seems like a  tongue in cheek remark about the slightly the very clearly photoshopped (and slightly garish) nature of these pictures...

Yeah, Flint again! Grrrr she's so active and cool with all her crazy contributions. Hate to love her or love to hate her, that's the question ;) But I do agree with you and her - glamour shots are a fantastic way to make your warband or army more fluffy, which is why I very much support your offer to make a tutorial on how to do them (which is a tautology, but that's just because I want you to do it so badly).

It's just that when I read 'glamour shots' I think about the Napoleon Dynamite character and her shenanigans. 

f5ee4fe700d880e52fcb49822a19dbd4.jpg

Eight figures in grey crouched in a circle in the exit bay of the drop ship. In their center was the remains of a defiled body. It's ribcage had been split and its chest splayed open. Each of the figures had their right hand deep within the viscera of their sacrifice.
They spoke in unison, "Though we now serve anew mortal master, though are clothes are different and our weapons are given anew, though we wear strange sigils of allegience, our true master remains the same. He who sits upon a throne of skulls. To Him we give our allegience as we ever did, as we ever will. To Him our we send our offerings. To Him a river of blood. For we ever and always, are the Bloody Hand."
With their final words they stood hands dripping with gore and took up the weapons arrayed about them. The moved to the exit and stood with discipline as the marines walked in.
http://i.imgur.com/q63Daeo.jpg
More pics in my hall of honour thread.

Also, thank you to Khârn the Bloody for this fluff exchange.

I also find it hilarious that these kinds of pictures are now being referred to as 'glamour shots'. ;)

Not my fault -- I believe Flint started it (as usual...;) ). Then again, there is something very apt about the term: It seems like a tongue in cheek remark about the slightly the very clearly photoshopped (and slightly garish) nature of these pictures...

Yeah, Flint again! Grrrr she's so active and cool with all her crazy contributions. Hate to love her or love to hate her, that's the question ;) But I do agree with you and her - glamour shots are a fantastic way to make your warband or army more fluffy, which is why I very much support your offer to make a tutorial on how to do them (which is a tautology, but that's just because I want you to do it so badly).

It's just that when I read 'glamour shots' I think about the Napoleon Dynamite character and her shenanigans.

f5ee4fe700d880e52fcb49822a19dbd4.jpg

Hey now. Someone has to class up this joint.

Just bc I'm prone to take spines as trophies doesn't mean I can't be fashionable while I'm doing it. You should see all the manicure/claw jokes I get over in the VIII legion thread :D

... Totes.

Edited by Flint13

Just quick note that anyone who collect a Daemonkin warband.  We now have a commuinty topic set up - link here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306021-blood-for-the-blood-god-daemonkin-commuinty/

Myself, Forte & Tenebris will try update this as often as we can with links to Daemonkin topics, memeber army log & anything in general to do with the Daemonkin :D  Banner will be added soon.

So, in preparation of the coming ETL - and in the light of our cousins of the Daemonkin just having received their own community topic - what will the remnants of the glorious XII legion be contributing this year: Do any of you have a plan to enter the ETL and to pledge something World Eaters-related? Let's hear some plans!

Personally, I think I will finally paint that Chaos Knight conversion of mine, a staunch ally to the 4th assault company...

So, in preparation of the coming ETL - and in the light of our cousins of the Daemonkin just having received their own community topic - what will the remnants of the glorious XII legion be contributing this year: Do any of you have a plan to enter the ETL and to pledge something World Eaters-related? Let's hear some plans!

Personally, I think I will finally paint that Chaos Knight conversion of mine, a staunch ally to the 4th assault company...

I have a feeling the chosen of Khorne will reap a higher tally than the bloody 12th. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The ranks of Hans Kho'ren's Skull Takers, Daemonkin of the 12th Legion, Devout Children of Angron, have been recruiting.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7730/17355601005_6a3204dc5a_d.jpg

With another 12 marines and 5 possessed (and a hoard of cultists) over at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302073-lords-of-blood-the-cruor-praetoria-bloodthirsters/?p=4028822. ETL vow coming in a week or so, I'm waiting on an order of skulls to make some more bases.

Excellent! The prolonged silence in this thread is nothing less than shameful for the glorious XIIth, so you deserve a warrior's salute for breaking the silence.

Oh, and those are some pretty cool Marines as well! :)

I'd appreciate it if you guys would cast your eyes over the IT for the Bone Walkers, located here. Still pretty rough, but I needed to get it all out of my head and onto paper.

Dragonlover

Affirmative on ETL IV participation from this son of Angron. 

My first vow is already made - two Sicarans. Once those are done, #2 will be a Spartan and #3 will be two Scimitars. Then my 77th Battle Company is (finally) tabletop ready. 

You know, I've always wondered about what mark of armor the Chaos Space Marines (like the fine chap above) generally wear in the 40K era. I think by the closing of the Horus Heresy, most of the Traitor Legions would had been in Mark V. Then over the years, their acquired more advanced armor from fallen Imperials. But the models from GW don't really clearly reflect this. 

It's basically a case of whatever they were wearing when they fell, then repairs cobbled together from whatever they've managed to loot from dead marines after a fight.

Dragonlover

a little sneak preview of the Berzerker Champion in my first Berzerker Squad. That squad is now at about 95% completion. pics of the entire squad will be posted when they're done. Sorry for the bad pics, phone camera.

gallery_10707_10667_375961.jpg

gallery_10707_10667_503278.jpg

C&C Welcome.

- Luther..

• 2 weeks later...

@ Luther: Looks like you've made an excellent start on those berzerkers of yours! Khorne is pleased! :)

Speaking of which, I hope I'm getting a bit of our patron's favour as well, seeing how I've finally taken a more recent picture of my entire World Eaters army.

Here's Khorne's Eternal Hunt, as of May 2015:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/19/715081-Army%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.jpg

More pictures in my WIP thread, in case anyone's interested.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/5/19/715080-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt%2C%20Kitbash.jpg