++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Hello everyone, I've played Death Guard and Night Lords for about 16 years, but recently I finally heard the whispers of Khorne. So this weekend when I got an order of awesome-looking Anvil Industries chainaxes in the mail, I finished assembling 3 squads of 8 Bezerkers!n It's the start of a small World Eaters contingent that I can run alonside my Renegades and Heretics, Death Guard, and/or Night Lords.

40163400945_6b28a3d58b_b.jpg

40163401225_2bf8b6e595_b.jpg

I'm still pondering names, I might call this squad Bloodflow

39247526890_afae70dd34_b.jpg

This squad might be Bloodtongue, the name is a reference to a D&D Barbarian of mine

41014458242_12801b8df8_b.jpg

I might call this squad Bloodbliss

40163406825_d101bd2f94_b.jpg

The fact that I've started a small World Eaters army amuses me because my main opponent and the chap who got me into playing 40K (I started as IG) was a Khorne opponent. He played all flavors of Khorne, but his favorite was his "Bloodwing" army with 3 squads of 8 deep-striking Khorne terminators with other units in support. This was way back in 3rd edition in 2000. Back then I never imagined I would become interested in the fluff and style of Khorne. I guess I've come full circle. :smile.:

My next Khorne-related purchase is a squad of 10 Bloodletters. I'll take them in a soup Renegade and Heretic's battalion (or brigade) so that I don't lose out on my World Eater legion buffs.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

What about Butcher Khassidy and the Blood-Dance Kid?

Wait, those were two dudes. Make that Lord an exalted champion!

:lol:

I've actually have an idea for the Moritat Lord's name. Hopefully once I get more primer (the :cuss thing ran out AS I WAS PRIMING the Fabius Bile counts-as, and didn't even cover a decent amount of it :/) and super glue, I'll be able to paint him and post him with the fluff.

Edited by Gederas

From my WIP log, copied here for fellow blood-mad bastards to (hopefully :P) appreciate:

Finally getting around to something that's been in the works for years: Zhufor the Impaler and his Blood Cult terminator goons. 

First up, a modified Lord Zhufor. Back when I posted at HeresyOnline, there was someone who made a sick Zhufor, and he inspired me... to literally copy his work, down to the axe he used. :biggrin.: The brass paint kind of obscures the details in the pics, but you get the general idea. You'll also note I chose to paint him brass, I guess. I wanted him to stand out from the standard World Eaters scheme:

crFjm7Rh.jpg

bhPuxUyh.jpg

4pv11wVh.jpg

And the Blood Cult. It might not be readily apparent, but I increased their height ever so slightly by adding a pin and green stuff between their torsos and legs. I then covered the green stuff with chains. I added a few extra chains here and there, Icons of Wrath on the champions as well.

1fCYcsTh.jpg

7ms0NDhh.jpg

CrVqv7Kh.jpg

u6MY5NDh.jpg

XLNw3Mjh.jpg

uSNRPXRh.jpg

Hope you like 'em!

@ Tallarn Commander: Nice Berzerkers indeed! It's a shame that in none of the four pictures, we get a nice close up of one of those Anvil Industry Chain Axes. Could you get share good pictures, to show how they look on GW 28mm guys?

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys. Back again to the game and a lot of things have changed. My last game was in 6th edition so .... XD

I read the new rules and codex and I am a bit lost. Why chaos marks have no direct effects now? Whatever.

In the past I used to play a mix army; Khorne 'zerkers and assault oriented stuff with some long distance support. Mainly unmarked troops giving cover fire/tanks plus a chaos sorcerer with a terminators retinue. I liked the idea of him being one of the last sorcerers in the Legion only kept alive because his powers and because someone has to think clear XD

But now everything has changed. Can not have the "World Eaters" keyword in the whole army if I want to field a Sorcerer with his retinue. 
Is there any option to do this? perhaps fielding two detachments? one with the world eaters keyword to represent the true khornite troops and the other one with a random keyword and without the mark of Khorne?

Things used to be easier in the past T_T

• 1 month later...

So, I feel I should show the newest(?) member of the World Renders of Khorne (might end up shortening the warband's name to the World Renders in all honesty :lol:) in here as well.

This guy is wholly inspired by Juggernaut's Skullgrinder-based conversion:

CLb9m5J.jpg

zVj4CIH.jpg

The fluff for him is that he's NOT a World Eater, but is actually a Salamander (currently unnamed, been trawling through the Known Members of the Salamanders to get an idea) who survived the Drop Site Massacre, went a bit mad because of it, then managed to regain his senses, ended up jumping ship to Chaos as he realized humanity as the Emperor wished it was doomed. He managed to get a ship and make his way to the Eye of Terror, eventually becoming a powerful Khornate warlord. He made an alliance with the World Renders of Khorne, they supply him with slaves and salvage, his Forge ship that he commands supplies them with more weapons and armour.

That's a VERY TL;DR version of his backstory :lol:, but is essentially a quick summary.

Gameplay-wise, he'll be a Mark of Khorne Chaos Lord with a Combi-melta (can be seen attached to his backpack, donated from one of the several Aspiring Champion clamshells I have) and Power Maul (Black Mace).

I am so stupidly happy with this kitbash, it's not even funny :lol:

He won't be painted for a while (need to get black primer), but yeah. I'll also have at least 20 Berzerkers built in a similar manner to him (I got 2 of the AoS Start Collecting: Khorne Bloodbound kits) soon-ish.

Edited by Gederas

But... but.. if he's a Salamander, why post him here? :p

Looks great. Perfect movement.

Because I haven't finished the 20(!) Blood Warrior-based Berzerkers to go with him. That and well, he's using World Eater rules because obvious reasons :lol:

And thanks, really all I did was take Khârn's legs and add them to the AoS Skullgrinder kit. It really changed the movement of the model too, which is nice.

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...

That thing is a beats. Great use of parts

I did a count. Ten kits were used in construction of this ONE model. :lol:

Oh, I like that! Looking forward to seeing him finished up!

Thanks! He should be done soon-ish.

Is the back pack a heavy Bolter one and are the mechatendrils those dark eldar talos bits?

Yes to the first, no to the second.

Bits used:

• Legs from the Betrayal at Calth Cataphractii Captain
  • Right arm and axe haft from the AoS Mighty Skullcrushers
  • Torso, torso armour, head and left arm from the Kataphron Breachers
  • Heavy Bolter backpack
  • Contemptor Multi-Melta for the vents on the Backpack
  • Two Helbrute Power Scourges for the eight tentacles
  • Raptor Meltagun and Flamer

Dunno where the bionic fist came from for the left hand. I think it was from some Marine kit though.

Edited by Gederas

@ Gederas: That Warpsmith is looking awesome! I would maybe use something different for those smoke stacks on his backpack, however -- they just seem a bit too massive at the moment, and that backpack is already big enough as is. Maybe something a bit more gothic would work better?

The arm bionic is from the Kataphron Breachers/Destroyers as well, by the way.

Okay so....

Is it just me, or would one of these look really good in World Eaters colours?

99120108018_ImperialKnightValiant01.jpg

It even has a Not!Ursus Claw!

Well, mine is not as big as the new Knight, admittedly, but I did manage to build a Knight-sized Ursus Claw:

armiger-ursus-claw-wip-4.jpg

armiger-ursus-claw-wip-6.jpg

armiger-ursus-claw-wip-8.jpg

Just sayin'... ;)