Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

World Eaters Legion XII Legion Legio XII Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
2029 replies to this topic

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,781 posts

That champion is all kinds of kickass.

Also, quick PSA for everyone: grab a Wrathmongers kit from AoS. It is an absolute treasure trove of bits - warped swords and axes, huge weapons, awesome heads. I'm planning on using the bodies for some Possessed, too. Got it months ago but I'm still gushing over how good it is!

Edited by Cheex, 15 January 2019 - 09:34 PM.

• Tallarn Commander likes this

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

GreaterChickenofTzeentch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 852 posts

Also, quick PSA for everyone: grab a Wrathmongers kit from AoS. It is an absolute treasure trove of bits - warped swords and axes, huge weapons, awesome heads. I'm planning on using the bodies for some Possessed, too. Got it months ago but I'm still gushing over how good it is!

When AoS first came out and all the Khorne stuff hit the shelves, some people were saying "Just think of it as a huge Khorne Daemonkin release."

With a little work, Khorgoraths can be chopped and combined with spare Helbrute parts.

Mighty Skullcrushers are a wealth of parts too. Awesome heads and weapons, legs are great for bikers, torso sections roughly match up with equivalent Marine parts.
  • Juggernut likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,502 posts

When AoS first came out and all the Khorne stuff hit the shelves, some people were saying "Just think of it as a huge Khorne Daemonkin release."

With a little work, Khorgoraths can be chopped and combined with spare Helbrute parts.

Mighty Skullcrushers are a wealth of parts too. Awesome heads and weapons, legs are great for bikers, torso sections roughly match up with equivalent Marine parts.

For the most part, yes.

Skullcrushers torsos aren't compatible with certain Marine bodies though. I tried using the front of one on this Obsidius Mallex conversion, and that torso is actually too thin compared to the back half, so I had to use a Blood Warrior torso front to fix it.

RJOM39Q.jpg

But yeah. The Blades of Khorne for AoS are excellent sources of bits for World Eaters/Khorne Daemonkin.

Edited by Gederas, 21 January 2019 - 04:42 PM.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,502 posts

Double-post, sorry, but speaking of AoS Khorne stuff, I have a question. Anyone in the thread ever use the Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer's legs on Khârn's body? Asking because I have a Khârn torso, just missing the legs (they were used on my Skullgrinder kitbash) and was thinking, I could use a Slaughterpriest's legs for the basis for a Khornate Dark Apostle.

Edit: Nevermind. Removing Khârn's head from his torso ended up damaging too much of the torso to leave it usable. Looks like I need to look elsewhere for this Dark Apostle conversion.

Edited by Gederas, 22 January 2019 - 05:16 AM.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,781 posts

So, with the beta bolter rules, what are your thoughts on Khorne CSM as a backfield objective holder? I'm thinking something like this:

9 CSM: bolters, 2x heavy bolters

1 Champion: combi-bolter

Comes to 152 points, which at first thought seems ok. At 24" you're putting out 18 bolter shots and 6 heavy bolter shots, which is enough to dissuade opportunistic enemy units. But then I realised for that cost you could bring 30 cultists - putting you halfway towards a 'disloyal 32'.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Or, for something with a bit more of a bite, for 169pts you could have:

9 Chosen: 9x chainaxes, 4x combi-bolters, 4x bolters, 1x heavy bolter

1 Champion: combi-bolter, chainaxe

That's 28 bolter shots and 3 heavy bolter shots, plus if they charge they will basically hit like heavy bolters. I actually really like this idea...

Edited by Cheex, Yesterday, 01:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters Legion, XII Legion, Legio XII, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users