++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

I think you've nailed it re: chaincannon havocs. Still, if it's against an army with an interceptor strat, they're gonna get :censored: on the turn they drop and all those points will be wasted. I know loyalist astartes and eldar can intercept, I'm sure others can too, but it is certainly a hard counter.

From the core rules FAQ:

Q: If the unit arriving as reinforcements has another unit

embarked inside it which must disembark after it has been

set up (such as units embarked within a Drop Pod, or

a Tyrannocyte), can the firing unit shoot at the unit as

it disembarks?

A: No – though the unit can shoot at the Drop Pod/

Tyrannocyte before the units inside disembark.

This is not a rumor, consider it speculative wishlisting and probably confusion on my part.

Was offered some Nurgle Daemons for 20 of the old-style Raptor backpacks. The deal fell through, we could not agree on what I should get in return.

I asked why he needed them, he said it was for his World Eaters. He is converting Jump Berzerkers since the models have not been released. He doesn't like the current backpacks and wants his models to look old school.

Jump Berzerkers do not exist in the Codex. The address he gave me is outside Nottingham. Wrote him back, told him I would give him the jump packs for free if he can tell me about something he knows from playtesting or that hasn't been released.

It's been a week with no response. Could be something, could be nothing.

So are units that aren't berserk like Chaos Space Marines or Havocs fluffy for World Eaters?

If you go back far enough in the lore, there used to be heavy bolter Havocs called the Teeth of Khorne, and the 3.5 codex had pictures of Workd Eater CSMs with bolters.

I think anything loud, killy and lacking another god's mark is a decent choice for the World Eaters. Being a follower of Khorne doesn't automatically mean being bat:censored: insane and killing stuff in melee.

You also have the fifteen fangs from The black legion series that all carry around heavy bolters.

World eaters are defo more than a one dimensional legion that aren't all kill main burn. To think they are is really a shame because I personally believe they have great depth and a huge scope for personalisation.

Could be something, could be nothing... I hope it's something.

And if you don't know what to do with those old backpacks, I could use 5 of them:)

Maxmini's Storm Talon jump packs are damn close, and what I plan to use for my assault infantry.

• 2 months later...

So are all the slaves and crew members on World Eaters' ships corrupted by Khorne or merely the Legionaries?

Probably everyone.

In other news: So, someone at my local GW will be running a Zone Mortalis Campaign in 8th Edition. Ultra-close confines means easier to get to melee.

My World Eaters will be seeing action in that. Which means I need to get the three 8-mabn strong squads of Berzerkers painted up.

Anyone here ever do Zone Mortalis-like rules in 8th edition? Are Leviathans still stupidly scary for ZM with the changes in 8th?

Edited by Gederas

Howdy. New to the World Eaters. Managed to trade a ton of extra bitz and sprues for some Chosen, a Hellbrute, two champions, a warlord and termi warlord. Also bought berzerkers! Think I'm ready lol.

Welcome! Feel free to enjoy the stay.

And if you have enough to have 3 squads of 8 Berzerkers with Chainsword/Chainaxe (Chainsword/Power Fist on Champ), then you're indeed ready.

You also have the fifteen fangs from The black legion series that all carry around heavy bolters.

World eaters are defo more than a one dimensional legion that aren't all kill main burn. To think they are is really a shame because I personally believe they have great depth and a huge scope for personalisation.

That is really cool, though its hard to compete with the Autocannon for the same points, then the chaincannon for some more. I would love 5pt heavy bolters. :wub:

So are units that aren't berserk like Chaos Space Marines or Havocs fluffy for World Eaters?

The popular misconception is that World Eaters are 100% melee. This is definitely false. They want to spill blood, and while Khorne PREFERS they fight in melee combat, he does not disdain range at all. There's one Khorne dude with a heavy bolter from I believe the Black Crusade RPG core book. Leavine Ukais is his name I think?

Welcome! Feel free to enjoy the stay.

And if you have enough to have 3 squads of 8 Berzerkers with Chainsword/Chainaxe (Chainsword/Power Fist on Champ), then you're indeed ready.

Indeed! Looks like I ought to buy a couple more boxes then lol

Edited by Evz

So are all the slaves and crew members on World Eaters' ships corrupted by Khorne or merely the Legionaries?

Probably everyone.

I prefer to think that some crew members might seek the approval of their masters by joining ritual combat and such (hopefully no marines show up haha). Most of them might just try to keep a low profile and don't attract attention, like in the night lords trilogy.

Having frenzied serfs, engineers, technicians, navigators etc would probably not make it easier running a ship. Unless all functions are replaced by demonic magic, in which case anything goes:)

I'm imagining anyone not a marine on board those things is basically either a menial slave or something akin to a cyborg version of Age of Sigmar's Bloodreavers. Any slaves die they just feast on them. Also arenas everywhere.

Just so everyone knows, the World Eaters Terminators FW upgrades fits pretty well on the new plastic Chaos Terminators:

WcWuKGm.jpg

It takes a bit of milliput to get the FW Torsos to sit right on the new GW legs (if only because the Torso and Legs on the new ones are one piece), but that isn't too difficult.