Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

World Eaters Legion XII Legion Legio XII Chaos Space Marines Heretic Astartes

• Please log in to reply
2089 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,798 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I think you've nailed it re: chaincannon havocs. Still, if it's against an army with an interceptor strat, they're gonna get censored.gif on the turn they drop and all those points will be wasted. I know loyalist astartes and eldar can intercept, I'm sure others can too, but it is certainly a hard counter.

From the core rules FAQ:

Q: If the unit arriving as reinforcements has another unit
embarked inside it which must disembark after it has been
set up (such as units embarked within a Drop Pod, or
a Tyrannocyte), can the firing unit shoot at the unit as
it disembarks?
A: No – though the unit can shoot at the Drop Pod/
Tyrannocyte before the units inside disembark.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,948 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Wow, sweet! Thanks for sharing.

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Bloody Legionnaire

Bloody Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,324 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

What do you guys think about a Lord Discordant rolling with the greater brass scorpion? 

BrassClaw

BrassClaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts

WIP on my Master of Executions

D4w1I6eU8AMoEQ3.jpg?width=360&height=480

I'm thinking about making him taller via green stuff, adding some chaos icons and a shoulder pad. If anyone has suggestions for some chaos spiky bits, let me know.

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
I think maybe a lone shoulder pads and possibly some green stuff or guitar string to add cables/piping Would go a long way. Just to 40k him up a tiny bit.
Other than that nice model that should work well as a executioner.

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 438 posts

This is not a rumor, consider it speculative wishlisting and probably confusion on my part.

Was offered some Nurgle Daemons for 20 of the old-style Raptor backpacks. The deal fell through, we could not agree on what I should get in return.

I asked why he needed them, he said it was for his World Eaters. He is converting Jump Berzerkers since the models have not been released. He doesn't like the current backpacks and wants his models to look old school.

Jump Berzerkers do not exist in the Codex. The address he gave me is outside Nottingham. Wrote him back, told him I would give him the jump packs for free if he can tell me about something he knows from playtesting or that hasn't been released.

It's been a week with no response. Could be something, could be nothing.

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
Could be something, could be nothing... I hope it's something.

And if you don't know what to do with those old backpacks, I could use 5 of them:)

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
So are units that aren't berserk like Chaos Space Marines or Havocs fluffy for World Eaters?

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,049 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

So are units that aren't berserk like Chaos Space Marines or Havocs fluffy for World Eaters?

If you go back far enough in the lore, there used to be heavy bolter Havocs called the Teeth of Khorne, and the 3.5 codex had pictures of Workd Eater CSMs with bolters.
  • Brother Aiwass likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 291 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I think anything loud, killy and lacking another god's mark is a decent choice for the World Eaters. Being a follower of Khorne doesn't automatically mean being batcensored.gif insane and killing stuff in melee.

gallery_108437_14773_852.jpg

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
You also have the fifteen fangs from The black legion series that all carry around heavy bolters.

World eaters are defo more than a one dimensional legion that aren't all kill main burn. To think they are is really a shame because I personally believe they have great depth and a huge scope for personalisation.
  • Brother Aiwass likes this

Lhorke The First

Lhorke The First

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts

I've always run havocs and regular chaos space marines in my World Eaters lists. I agree with the emperor is scottish, the XII has great depth and it would be a shame to limit them to berzerkers.

• Brother Aiwass and the emperor is scottish like this

You wish to see a unified Twelfth Legion, yes? -Khârn

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jpETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgqVQuHsg.pngCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,870 posts

There's a really simple flowchart for determining if something is fluffy for World Eaters.

Does it kill, maim or burn?

|

|

V

Yes, it's fluffy.

Khorne cares not.

• Dumah and ElDuderino like this

Boshea

Boshea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

Could be something, could be nothing... I hope it's something.

And if you don't know what to do with those old backpacks, I could use 5 of them:)

Maxmini's Storm Talon jump packs are damn close, and what I plan to use for my assault infantry.

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
So are all the slaves and crew members on World Eaters' ships corrupted by Khorne or merely the Legionaries?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters Legion, XII Legion, Legio XII, Chaos Space Marines, Heretic Astartes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users