++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

the FW bodies look good with the new GW termi's (even if it does need a bit of tweaking)

Right? I was so glad I did it.

Well, after second-guessing myself several times since it's a brand-new 60 dollar kit I had to cut up :lol:

Guys, I need some help:

In 8 weeks we’ll have the first ITC tournament in my neck of the woods- I have no experience with that rulespack yet.

My goal is Best in Faction, and upon reading the rulespack just now I realized that Khorne is a legitimate faction!

I was toying with mixed Heretic Astartes before:

WE Battalion 3x Rhino- Berzerker, EC, Hammer Jump Lord;

Red Corsairs Battalion: 2x Jump pack Sorcerer, 3x 5 CSM

and either 3x Disco Lord in Supreme Command + 2 contemptor for range

Or Soulforged pack with 2x Disco/3x Maulerfiend, and a 3rd Disco Lord in the RC battalion.

However, that requires buying and building and stuff that is not Khorne/WE.

How would you guys build an ITC Khorne list?

And does anyone know where to find the lists of the ITC Khorne players ( Red Powell, Sam Boman, ...) from the BCP ranking?

Edited by EL_duderino

It may not seem Khornate but you need units like Havocs and Obliterators to back up your melee units. Chaos Rhinos are essential for successful assaults. Also, a detachment of Khorne Daemons with a Skullmaster and 30 Bloodletters you can spend two command points to deep strike onto an opponent's front lines with a 3d6 charge range. Controversially, I believe Khârn the Betrayer is a must have unit, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good! :tu:

Speaking of conversions, I just did a quick mock-up of Khadon Drachstur now that I have the Exalted Deathbringer's belt buckle/belly plate:

s29pjyV.jpg

c4Op45g.jpg

RUbxoKr.jpg

I've also figured out he needs a loincloth, and I'm going to use Abaddon's. I just had to shorten it quite a bit because it was actually TOO LONG for Abaddon's own body when he's standing flat on the ground :laugh.::laugh.::laugh.:

Anyone else excited about the new Hateful Assault rule thats coming in? Bezerkers with chain sword/axe are going to be even more deadly on the charge with an extra attack :devil:

My eight-man squad has 50 attacks on the charge (5 on the Champ, 4 on each Zerker, 8 chainswords), 42 on their second fight (4 on the Champ, 3 on each Zerker, 8 chainswords). Things are gonna get bloody.

Vroom Vroom :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Anyone else excited about the new Hateful Assault rule thats coming in? Berzerkers with chain sword/axe are going to be even more deadly on the charge with an extra attack :devil:

Hell yeah. Hateful Assault revitalized my interest in my WE. I wanna try out hammer chosen alongside the berzerkers in a storm eagle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

after a long break from 40k some of my friends want to play it again. I love the World Eaters since 3rd edition, but right now I only have a 30k WE army and with the new CSM models I am thinking about starting a new warband for 40k. And I need some advice for that from you.

For the beginning I thought about

Khârn

Exalted Champion

3x 8 Khorne Berserkers with chainswords/-axes and a power fist

2 Rhinos

Land Raider

2 Contemptors

Is this a viable starting point for World Eaters? I have added the 2 Contemptors and Land Raider because I don't play them in 30k that much and could use them here.

Edited by Descho

Hello,

after a long break from 40k some of my friends want to play it again. I love the World Eaters since 3rd edition, but right now I only have a 30k WE army and with the new CSM models I am thinking about starting a new warband for 40k. And I need some advice for that from you.

For the beginning I thought about

Khârn

Exalted Champion

3x 8 Khorne Berserkers with chainswords/-axes and a power fist

2 Rhinos

Land Raider

2 Contemptors

Is this a viable starting point for World Eaters? I have added the 2 Contemptors and Land Raider because I don't play them in 30k that much and could use them here.

Not a bad start, what are the load out on the dreadnoughts? if they are melee focus, I would suggest swapping them out for some more fire support or something that can get in the face of your enemy in no time.

• 1 month later...

A World Eater that isn't a rampaging murder hobo, that isn't just "the geneseed made me strong, the butchers nails made me Special Strong"

So not Cannon Angry Marines would be okay. Beserk fury when fighting? Cool, that's what I like about them. But if that's all they are and have such a killboner they will drop their own team?

Power axes are good, utilitarian Astartes weapons that are tough, durable and would presumable be easier to care for than power swords. You can do more tricks and techniques with a power axe (safely) than you could with a power sword, which for all intents and purposes SHOULD be a gladius/spatha style sword that's basically a lightsaber, you try to grab the blade to change your grip or style, well you lose some fingers.

If you could have a possessed exalted Champion or executioner who could lictor-shoot chains at an enemy and bring himself closer to engage in fighting it would be cool, sorta like Spawn with the chains or Carnage/Venom with the symbiote tendrils.

Edited by Trevak Dal

But I liked Khârn before he was a team killer.

The part in the novel (forget which one) where he "parlayed" with an Emperor's Children Captain and just took Gorechild and cut the deviant down where he stood when he didn't like his tone was cool. Very Deadwood, very Conan.

• 4 weeks later...