++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

So, the lapdogs of the false emperor finally got their chapter tactics leaked. Which legion traits and stratagems would best fit our mighty legion, brothers?

I for one would like a mass-denial stratagem. A big screw you to those cowardly psykers :P

Certainly an option, Zufhor also comes with the ability, granted I think a simple Collar of Khorne Item is something that should be in the upcomming codex. As mentioned in other topics, Khorne isn't some kind of Witch Hunter or magical hater, he just thinks using magic is a very weak attribute and those who use it do not have his intresest. The result of this in my eyes would be that we simply will have a cheap Item available to characters which allow us to Deny the Witch with maby a -1 on the oppossing rolls or a +1 on ours, frankly speaking I also don't need that much more.

What I hope to see for Legion Tactics would probably be Morale check immunities or simply the 2d6 extra movement from the start. Which sounds like a soft bonus but one I think would still be very fitting. If anything though I'd pick the Morale immunity first. Fleeing Berzerkers is just so disconnected from the lore as we know it. Maby they will retreat as an army before battle but once battle begins I just can't see it happening. 

Morale immunity would be one of the most powerful chapter/legion tactics in the game and I think it'd be awesome and fluffy if we got it...but I doubt we will.

Depending on how lazy GW is feeling that day, we might get something as bland as a copy and paste of the Black Templars tactic (reroll charges), personally I'm hoping for something like a flat bonus to charges (2-3"...or more if they're feeling generous). Best case scenario, they give us what we had in Traitor Legions (Furious Charge, Adamantium Will, Fearless), but that would probably be a bit over the top.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2D6 movement thing comes back as a strategem. 

Yup, considering they want to implement pre-game stratagems the free 2d6 would be the most likely bonus. Though I'm not sure if it will be worth dumping the Rhinos without some extra charge bonus beyond mere rerolls (maybe the old +3 from MoG) as a legion trait. 

As for the Warlord Trait it'll probably be Blood for the Blood God. 

Just a quick note to finally make an end to that ridiculous discussion we had some weeks ago. There is an updated FAQ on the community page it has a passage that reads:

Servants of Khorne
Add the following to the end of this paragraph:
'If a unit has the Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh keywords, it cannot be from the World Eaters Legion.'

Just a quick note to finally make an end to that ridiculous discussion we had some weeks ago. There is an updated FAQ on the community page it has a passage that reads:

Servants of Khorne

Add the following to the end of this paragraph:

'If a unit has the Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh keywords, it cannot be from the World Eaters Legion.'

And this too,

sFLePW2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'd like the base strength 5/+1 strength to be across the board for all world eaters (so terminators, Lords, dark apostles, lieutenants if we get them, Csms, raptors, devestators, Obliterators, mutilators, spawn etc.

I'd want the double attacks thing to remain just for Berserkers/berserker Lords, but for +1 attack to also be across the board (like even spawn would be d6+1)

Like helbrutes, daemon engines, daemon princes, EVERYTHING.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Legion Terminators with Blood for the Blood God are going to be insane. Granted, I don't think basic csm or havocs are going to get bonuses, unless GW retcons the fluff about all World Eaters being Berzerkers. Termies would be exempt either way because they're the same thing with Indomitus armor.

Just played my first 8th game over the weekend, a glorious victory for the XII Legion over a Deathwing terminator list. I quickly learned that there are very few problems that can't be solved by throwing enough berzerkers at it, but rerolls from an Apostle or Khârn are almost a necessity (especially on the champ's power fist). And of course I completely forgot all about my DttFE bonus attacks...

Just played my first 8th game over the weekend, a glorious victory for the XII Legion over a Deathwing terminator list. I quickly learned that there are very few problems that can't be solved by throwing enough berzerkers at it, but rerolls from an Apostle or Khârn are almost a necessity (especially on the champ's power fist). And of course I completely forgot all about my DttFE bonus attacks...

Congratulations on your victory! I'd advise keeping an eye out for DttFE. I get from 6 to 10 extra attacks every time,and they really help mitigate poor rolling. It is also our only army rule, so yeah. Edited by Berzerker88

Just found out I'll be playing against Tau for the first Fate of Konor mission- anyone have experience against them in 8th? This will be my first time since 5th and my first time with a Chaos army fighting the blueberry menace and I'm definitely open to advice.

Just found out I'll be playing against Tau for the first Fate of Konor mission- anyone have experience against them in 8th? This will be my first time since 5th and my first time with a Chaos army fighting the blueberry menace and I'm definitely open to advice.

Well I play T'au but don't have any experience against a Khorne army so just some general advice from me here. :D

- Battlesuits are tougher than people are used to, but ultimately nothing should survive a charge from Berzerker (except for maybe a Riptide with lots of Drones)

- Don't underestimate Gun Drones. They may only hit on BS5+ without support, but each has 4 guns and benefits twice from Fireblades and they only cost 8p and have the Fly keyword as well!

- If a Suit has Drones around it, shoot still on the Suits. When a Crisis uses the Saviour Protocols the Drone gets a mortal wound that bypasses all saves (except for the 5+++ of Shield Drones) which makes it statistically more likely to kill the Drone than shooting at the Drone directly despite the T5 of the Crisis Suit

- Be aware of Stealth Suits with Homing Beacon. They can place it close to your guys so another of his units can deepstrike as close as they want as long as its within 6" of that Homing Beacon....and boy do Crisis Suits with Flamer pack a punch against anything below T8!

- if you have valuable multi-wound models be aware of Longstrike. It's a beast but luckily it has too many wounds to hide behind other units. He also gives nearby Hammerheads +1 to-hit

- also be aware of quad fusion blaster Commander. They are cheap enough to get used as suicide units by the T'au player and pack a punch with 4 S8 AP-4 D1d6 shots at BS2+

- if there are Riptides don't really bother with them until late. They do barely any damage for their points and are mainly just tanky. Let him burn through his wounds with his nova reactor and deal with it after you've killed the rest of his army

- basically the same goes for Broadsides

- keep in mind that the T'au player can't shoot overwatch if you pile in on one of his units or use your consolidation move. It's often a better decision than declaring a multi-charge

That's all I could think of right now. ^^

Much obliged!

The army this guy was playing last week was all big models- Riptides and a Stormsurge, I assume there were drones floating around as well but don't remember off hand. It should be a similar list this week- I am a bit worried as the vast majority of my weapons will be only wounding on 5s (Berzerkers in Rhinos, some Hellforged Preds with flamers, only big guns are the las on my Spartan and power fists on champs), but from what it sounds like his stuff isn't going to be super killy either. 

The Stormsurge is pretty killy, but it isn't really tanky fortunately for you. It's no Battlesuit so Drones can't tank wounds for it and has only 3+ armor save. If he has Stormsurges and Riptides definitely focus the Stormsurges first.

Edited by sfPanzer

Playing around with my leviathan, kind of a preliminary thing. Lots of work to go, but the basic idea is for his "chainfist" arm to be the bloodthirster axe, and his "gun" arm is going to be from the skull cannon kit. The head will be replaced or modified, lots of spikes and chains will be there, etc. Anyway, here's a mock-up:

http://i.imgur.com/U4h6F2jh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kJecdcph.jpg

It's hard to tell, but the part holding the axe isn't a hand, it's supposed to be an elbow joint of sorts. It's the Lord of Skulls head without the face plate on it, with a hole cut through it.

Edited by Juggernut

I've been carving the :cuss out of this monster while trying to mix and match parts, feeling a bit like Dr. Frankenstein.

Here's a somewhat-close-to-complete left arm, which is the close combat arm:

http://i.imgur.com/v6KtI55l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DRYrZsjl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hfcd7ujl.jpg

Thanks, slaughterkin. I'm happy with how it's ending up, though I'll be damned if it isn't taking forever. Deciding which parts to use and what to cut away has been very interesting, and I couldn't be happier using my Dremel tool. The arm is supposed to be similar to the furioso librarian's spear. I like that more than fingers clasped around a weapon, for walkers. Edited by Juggernut

Are there any World Eaters warbands in the 41s millennium what would/could still bear the white and blue colors from the HH? Do you think it would look weird/not fluffy to have WE units in both their HH White and Blue and Red WEs in the same army? 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire