++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Khârn. Khârn is my warlord. Not creative at all. I also have Zhufur and 3 Juggerlords with power axes, for fluff sake. I am trying to get hold of one of the proper Chaos Space Marine Daemon Princes before I add one of them. I've also got Skulltaker for my Daemons.

Khârn. Khârn is my warlord. Not creative at all. I also have Zhufur and 3 Juggerlords with power axes, for fluff sake. I am trying to get hold of one of the proper Chaos Space Marine Daemon Princes before I add one of them. I've also got Skulltaker for my Daemons.

Haha Khârn is SUPER CREATIVE :tongue.:! Because every WE build I make starts with him aswell and I do think you are very unique with the Juggerlords. Though I do think one of them might want to have the Axe of Blind Fury? 

I also havn't found the ideal Daemon Prince just yet. I still wish GW kept the older one on the shelves, I do not mind the newer plastic kit but I don't think it's half as exciting and fitting for 40K as it is for AoS. Somehow I have that stupid image stuck in my head that 40K means no bare-foot models unless they are straight Orks, Nids or Daemons from the warp. Sure a Daemon Prince in 40K is aswell but I think Power Armour will be stuck on him :tongue.: 

Basically I am happy GW still sells this cat:

99810102023_CSMDaemonPrinceNEW01.jpg

I personally wouldn't use Khârn as my Warlord, despite him being a boss. The only reason being that I think the Warlord Trait is wasted on him.

I'm just not the type of guy who likes to gain more power if things go exactly as planned. I see recieving bonusses from killing Characters, Monsters or Titans removing from tactical flexability.

Edited by Commissar K.

Incredible work man! Best World Eater I have ever seen period, especially the way it is Chaotified makes it all the better.

Now a list of all the parts used would be fantastic, quite the list also. From right to left I see a Bloodthirster axe, tons of bits of the Lord of Skulls, two Skullcannon barrels but I'm looking at so much more so I'd love to know.

Cheers,

Uuuum, let's see:

Lord of Skulls parts, the dozer blade thing is the source of the skulls/armor plate on the torso and on top too, as are the bladed portions of the leg armor, parts of the arms are the shoulderpads (which I'm still fiddling with), the spikes from the back of the colossal chainaxe are on the "groin" plate, and some part of sorts is on top of the cannons. Skullgun thing is the axe housing, and the mini juggernaut heads are... I dunno, they look cool.

The horns on the head... I forget. The smaller ones are part of the CSM kit, the larger ones... I wanna say some sort of fantasy kit.

The knee blades are from the defiler kit.

The ankle horns are from the Dark Vengeance helbrute.

The topknot is Abaddon's.

Bloodthirster axe.

I'm done adding bits other than skulls (waiting for the new kit to ship) and chains, a little more sculpting/gap filling.

Fantstic army updates! Reminds me I've got enough to do aswell :P 

@Juggernut, I hear ya man but if you go deep into converting the downside of all those beautiful models is always that such projects thake so much time. I also contemplated to recreate World Eater Berzerkers with all kinds of parts and greenstuff but then I had to admit to myself that if I really wanted to finish it all we'd be years later. Which is why I decided for a kitbash in the end. 

@Sagentus, great Dark Apostle! Love the details of Khorne symbols on him, makes all the difference.

@OPTIM, great champs, love the old school look. Is the rest of your army based on the same armour? I think it's another great example of how a cool kit gets you so much further. Even the very old current Berzerker kit has it's pieces you could work with. It's just that the Forge World kit in my experience just spices up everything. This great example included.

Will have some time to brainstorm on the new list today which makes me very happy as Ive got some cash to flesh out the 2K plan finally. Since the Index I was really waiting on the Codex to do this because of some oddities that remained in the Index. Which is why Im still happy that Berzerker Horde is in full effect. Likewise the discounts we've recieved in our army still makes me believe we can compete this edition.

All in all, due to the Errata/Update/FAQ I think Chaos can really do something great this edition. As Im not dissapointed in the basic rules itself, it's just the choice of models that isn't deep enough to really compete. Hopefully the Deathguard Codex will add some more power offcourse, we can really benifit well from mixing Legions afteral. 

Cheers,

Thanks, guys!

@Commissar: Everyone is wearing Mk. III or IV out of the BoP and BaC kits at the moment with a sprinkling of forgeworld bits, although right now basically all of my Berzerkers were built/painted for my 30k force.

Plan is to purpose build 40k-era Berzerkers with the correct axe/sword loadout (speaking of bits from the old kit, the axes and swords are from the old zerk kit, lopped off at the wrist) and slowly phase out the 30k guys from my 40k games- these guys will be built similarly to the Champions I posted above with Mk. III armor and FW shoulders/heads, although I think I'm going to leave the Legion torsos to the champs to help them stand out more. What I am considering is picking up backpacks from the old 'zerk kit and using those instead of the Mk. III packs. I saw a few of you using Raptor bits which has also inspired me quite a bit- might look at bashing that with the Mk. IV kit for an alternate look. 

Haha Khârn is SUPER CREATIVE :tongue.:! Because every WE build I make starts with him aswell and I do think you are very unique with the Juggerlords. Though I do think one of them might want to have the Axe of Blind Fury? 

I also havn't found the ideal Daemon Prince just yet. I still wish GW kept the older one on the shelves, I do not mind the newer plastic kit but I don't think it's half as exciting and fitting for 40K as it is for AoS. Somehow I have that stupid image stuck in my head that 40K means no bare-foot models unless they are straight Orks, Nids or Daemons from the warp. Sure a Daemon Prince in 40K is aswell but I think Power Armour will be stuck on him :tongue.: 

Basically I am happy GW still sells this cat:

99810102023_CSMDaemonPrinceNEW01.jpg

I personally wouldn't use Khârn as my Warlord, despite him being a boss. The only reason being that I think the Warlord Trait is wasted on him.

I'm just not the type of guy who likes to gain more power if things go exactly as planned. I see recieving bonusses from killing Characters, Monsters or Titans removing from tactical flexability.

Can Daemon princes be equipped with artifacts of chaos like  axe of blind fury?? 

i thought only regular chaos marines warlords

Can Daemon princes be equipped with artifacts of chaos like axe of blind fury??

Unfortunatly no Power Axe option for the Daemon Prince, Talisman of Burning Blood remains a great option however.

On top of that the Daemonic Axe is a great choice for us in particular. 5 attacks base, 6 with Warlord Trait, 7 on charge, high Strength, AP and damage while now the same cost as a pair of talons. Good enough for sure.

Can Daemon princes be equipped with artifacts of chaos like axe of blind fury??

Unfortunatly no Power Axe option for the Daemon Prince, Talisman of Burning Blood remains a great option however.

On top of that the Daemonic Axe is a great choice for us in particular. 5 attacks base, 6 with Warlord Trait, 7 on charge, high Strength, AP and damage while now the same cost as a pair of talons. Good enough for sure.

str8 seems the new "sweet spot",   but str7 malefic talons provide a lots of attacks, on paper they chew  elite infantry.

im currently running 2 princes  with malefic talons, maybe ill exchange 1 for an axe for those ugly T8 vehicles

Edited by Rodrick

S8 is definitely the new sweet spot for 8th. Wounding MEQs on 2+ and Vehicles on 3+/4+.

However with Gravis armor Primaris, Death Guard and the improved Crisis Suits we'll see a lot more T5 units on the table which makes S8 as good as S7 against those. So against those the Talons are definitely better.

I'd say it's a matter of how many T5/7/8 units you expect to face when considering whether the Talons or the Axe is better. The Sword unfortunately is too much of a middle ground. It has nothing over the other two and lacks their advantages (S8 vs more attacks).