++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

Thanks! They certainly ARE BOP legs. I am not very good and the conversion part or GS which you can tell when theyre painted. But i just chop up the legs near the hip and slwoly cut away from there and position them on the AOS blood warrior legs.

So you kept part of the blood warrios legs ?

Thanks! They certainly ARE BOP legs. I am not very good and the conversion part or GS which you can tell when theyre painted. But i just chop up the legs near the hip and slwoly cut away from there and position them on the AOS blood warrior legs.

So you kept part of the blood warrios legs ?

I cut the bloodwarriors legs off at the kness and shaved down that area so i could fit the BOP legs (knees and below). I cut the boots off the torsos then cut/shaved down the Blood warrior knee caps.

What do you guys think of taking a patrol detachment of daemons in order to get a Bloodthirster in a WEs list? Initially I was thinking Rage Thirster but then I saw Skarbrands abilities makes him a much better at buffing World Eaters. Preventing the an enemy from falling back is a huge buff to Khârn and a unit of Berzerkers!

Finaly finished my DA, what do you guys think? got more pics on my WIP

gallery_95896_12723_53993.jpg

+++++++ Start Transmition ++++++
+++++
+++ Captain, I see a large figure with a flamed backpack approaching fast with squad of Bezerkers +++
++
+++ Ithval, May the empror have mercy +++
+++
+++++
+++++++ End transmition +++++++
At the defence of the great bastion on the forgeworld Tigrus

Am I done? The shadow cast by the camera's flash in the first picture makes his waist look much thinner than it actually is. He's chunky.

y6dLw9Nh.jpg

VyoJZwUh.jpg

duDEXI6h.jpg

oDm778xh.jpg

iOFKEl4h.jpg

The only thing left is to either attach the chain cloak on his back or leave it exposed. I also have a flat icon of Khorne that basically fits perfecfly in that space. I may want to attach a few more skulls, while I'm at it. :biggrin.: Pretty happy with how this thing turned out. Champion of many Khornate battle tournaments in the millennia following the heresy, he's been unleashed thanks to the Cicatrix Maledictum. Adorned with the skulls of his greatest challengers, he incorporates both the potent technology present in a leviathan and daemonic blessings. Still figuring out his paint scheme.

I plan to put a slain Custodian under his foot.

Edited by Juggernut

I use mephiston red, wash with null oil, then with a watered down mephiston I go over the raised areas. Once that is dry I do a first highlight with mephiston again. Then I do a second highlight with wild rider red.

It might sound silly using mephiston red so much but the build up of layers of the same watered down paint really works well :-)

You could always cheat and spray them mephiston red (after undercoating black), wash null oil, then work up the red again as before. Saves a bit of time :-)

Edited by Sagentus

Thanks fellas I’ll definrielt have to try these out. I’ve gone through about 30 spoons and can’t find one I like

You could always just ask the new citadel paint app too of course. They have different shades of red and how to achieve them there. :P

What paints do y’all suggest for the world eater red. I want a deep red by not too purple. Everything I’ve tried comes out purple or pink or orange, don’t even get me started on khorne red air haha.

I use an airbrush for my stuff to get my red effect.. makes things so much simpler. 

However, If I was going to use a brush I would start with a Khorne Red base. This may seem a little counter intuitive (mixing two bases for a layer) I'd thing make my layer paint out of 50:50:25 Khorne Red, Mephiston Red, and thinner (water, lahmian medium, matte medium, whatever your thinning preference) and use that as my first layer. It should take stop Khorne Red from going "purple" as you described. You're going to want your edge highlights to be closer to "orange" just to make sure they contrast the base color enough to pop. Evil Sons scarlet or even wild ryder red will work (a combination of both could create a pretty good effect). A glaze like bloodletter should bring all of those colors together and cause them to look more red. It as a color is close to orange so if you want you can heavily thin down Mephiston Red or even Khorne Red and make you're own deeper glaze. 

Looks great jugger!!! I recon the chain cape on the back would be the best. Looking forward to seeing some paint on him, great work mate! 

Thank you! I've added a couple of skulls on his back and sculpted a little more trim on his axe arm, as well as some green stuff to smooth out the space surrounding his head. So close to being ready for primer...

What paints do y’all suggest for the world eater red. I want a deep red by not too purple. Everything I’ve tried comes out purple or pink or orange, don’t even get me started on khorne red air haha.

I use an airbrush for my stuff to get my red effect.. makes things so much simpler. 

However, If I was going to use a brush I would start with a Khorne Red base. This may seem a little counter intuitive (mixing two bases for a layer) I'd thing make my layer paint out of 50:50:25 Khorne Red, Mephiston Red, and thinner (water, lahmian medium, matte medium, whatever your thinning preference) and use that as my first layer. It should take stop Khorne Red from going "purple" as you described. You're going to want your edge highlights to be closer to "orange" just to make sure they contrast the base color enough to pop. Evil Sons scarlet or even wild ryder red will work (a combination of both could create a pretty good effect). A glaze like bloodletter should bring all of those colors together and cause them to look more red. It as a color is close to orange so if you want you can heavily thin down Mephiston Red or even Khorne Red and make you're own deeper glaze. 

Thanks for that! so many different ways haha I use an airbrush.  What about the Crimson Wash? or possibly watering down a deep red and using it like a wash?

By wash are you talking about getting the effect of a shade or are you talking about something more like a glaze to bring all the colors together? If you're talking about a glaze then yes you can heavily thin down a red and cover the armor with it. 

With an airbrush I start with Khorne Red and use Evil Sons Scarlet for my highlights. ESS over Khorne Red does start to seem a little orange but the Khorne Red does a good job keeping the armors over all look as red. I'll then go over the whole model with Bloodletter just to blend the colors together. 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

Orodruin the Skullgrinder: Lord/Exalted Champion with "power fist"... He was a spur of the moment project. I'm selling my AoS Khorne Bloodbound, but looking at this incredible mini I just couldn't let him go. That being said, I've often complained in the past about the leather boots look, so I had to cut them off and replace 'em with legs from the Dark Vengeance chosen. I think they worked pretty well. 

I've got to fix the flexed foot once the green stuff cures, and perhaps sculpt a little trim around the back of his knee joints. Otherwise, I tried to add some guitar string cabling to sorta tech him up and make him believable in the grimdark universe.

cnBQ2Dyh.jpg

g4MmxbUh.jpg

YX8W15Uh.jpg

ZyRX8x0h.jpg

zbybywwh.jpg

Edited by Juggernut