Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 6: Relics of War

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 6:

Relics of War

Welcome one and all to my 6th Kit-bash Challenge!!!!! For those who don't know what this is all about, I have a summary thread for the first 4 Challenges HERE, within there is a break down of each Challenge and links to the Completion threads and Top 10 Completions from each Challenge.

Here's the links to the individual Challenges in case you'd prefer those,

Chaplains Completions

Librarians Completions

Captains Completions

Duels and Dioramas Completions

Adepts of Mars Completions

So the aim is pretty simple, you have 1 month to kit-bash an "Relic of War" for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

This Challenge is all about Walkers, the following are viable entries;

• Sentinals => into DIY "Special" Sentinal varient
  • Dreadnoughts => into a Venerable Dreadnought
  • Contemptors => into Relic or Chapter Specific Contemptor
  • Helbrute/Defiler/Soul Grinder/Mauler Fiend => into Khorne/Nurgle/Slaanesh/Tzeench alligned models
  • Imperial Knights => into a Warlord or Chaos-Alligned model

If I've forgotten any walkers, or you would like to suggest an inclusion let me know and I'll be sure to include them here, in the Sign-Up thread.

The Rules will be as follows,

If you're in it for the Participation, have fun and ignore the rules below, you are still free to display the Banners/Pips (when they're made whistlingW.gif ), if however, you'd like a shot at being named Challenge Favourite, you will need to read on.

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- Must clearly be identifiable as the Unit it represents, it doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here.

3- No Part restrictions this time, go nuts thumbsup.gif

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt is acceptable.

5- 1 calendar month build time, August 1st 2014 til September 2nd 2014, this guarantees everyone gets one month.

6- Multiple entries per user.

7- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start.

8- If you wish to participate in any previous challenge, declare your intention here and post your completed models in the Relics of War Completions thread. This will entitle you to use the banners/pips from that challenge, which will also be in the Completion thread.

The time frame from the current challenge still applies.

9- Most importantly, HAVE FUN !!!!!

HOW TO ENTER:

Right, so now you know the rules, how do you enter?

First off, declare your participation here in this thread, with the following declaration,

I, {insert your name} undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {insert unit type from those listed above} by September 2nd, 2014.

which will earn you a participation banner/pip to wear in your signature.

gallery_48988_6285_82006.png gallery_48988_6285_2462.png

If you'd like to retrospectivly participate in the previous Challenges, here are their Participation Pips,

gallery_48988_6285_7306.png gallery_48988_6285_442.jpg gallery_48988_6285_83.jpg gallery_48988_6285_3781.png gallery_48988_6285_5709.png

Secondly, I will create a completion thread and link it in this thread, that will be where completed models should be posted in the following format of Five pictures,

FRONT

gallery_48988_6285_313803.jpg

LEFT

gallery_48988_6285_583089.jpg

REAR

gallery_48988_6285_338364.jpg

RIGHT

gallery_48988_6285_267069.jpg

3 VIEW, a raised or lowed picture capturing two sides of the model

gallery_48988_6285_665314.jpg

Completing your kitbash before September 2nd will earn you a Completion banner/pip to wear in your signature (Also yet to be made).

Post your completed RoW here, Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 6: RoW Completion Thread

In addition to the banners/pips offered for participation/completeion, there will be a prize!!!!!!

What prize?? I hear you ask. It will be my entry into this challenge. However, differing from previous challenges, I will be selling my entry on eBay with the proceeds being donated to the B&C. I will, however still be choosing a favourite and awarding them a unique Banner and Pip.

Ok, just one last rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!, this little challenge is all about creating a cool new model for your army

If anyone has questions or needs clarification on something, just post here or shoot me a P.M.

Cheers,

Jono

I, The King of One Thousand Heathens, Swear by this Oath of Moment undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War kit-bash challenge to kit bash at least one Dreadnought by September 2nd, 2014. Iron Within, Iron Without.

I, oldschoolsoviet, undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Khornate Defiler by September 2nd, 2014.

My only concern is it's condition, being second hand and previously undercoated, along with Ork glyph plates plastered in places. Some dire TLC required.

http://i60.tinypic.com/s6j8f6.jpg

Okay if I get decent photos to counter the black upon completion ?

I, SkullBob undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Pentient Engine by September 2nd, 2014.

Time to start my sisters army hope I did this right since Pentient Engines weren't on the list. but are  the only walkers sisters have.

I, oldschoolsoviet, undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Khornate Defiler by September 2nd, 2014.

My only concern is it's condition, being second hand and previously undercoated, along with Ork glyph plates plastered in places. Some dire TLC required.

http://i60.tinypic.com/s6j8f6.jpg

Okay if I get decent photos to counter the black upon completion ?

:tu:

I, SkullBob undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Pentient Engine by September 2nd, 2014.

Time to start my sisters army hope I did this right since Pentient Engines weren't on the list. but are  the only walkers sisters have.

Penitent Engines are A-Ok, I'll add them to the list at the top.

Cheers,

Jono

A couple of questions.

Does this mean, for example, I could not modify a Legion specific Contemptor? Does it have to be a stock version?

In addition to the banners/pips offered for participation/completeion, there will be a prize!!!!!!

What prize?? I hear you ask. It will be my entry into this challenge. However, differing from previous challenges, I will be selling my entry on eBay with the proceeds being donated to the B&C. I will, however still be choosing a favourite and awarding them a unique Banner and Pip.

So the prize, there is no prize? sad.png

A couple of questions.

Does this mean, for example, I could not modify a Legion specific Contemptor? Does it have to be a stock version?

Modifying a Legion Contemptor would be acceptable thumbsup.gif

So the prize, there is no prize? sad.png

Honestly, I've been considering changing that. I think I'll give the option to the Challenge Favourite to claim it and if they don't want it, then I'll donate the proceeds.

Cool on the contemptor.

And I didn't even notice the bit about the unique banner previously, so yeah, there is something for the prize. I was just curious, but I don't enter these for the reward. I enter these to crush my enemies, see their entries driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their sculpting tools.

I, Brother Chaplain Kage of the VIII Legion, IX Company, Crimson Sons, undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Challenge to finish at least one Contemptor Dreadnought by September 2nd, 2014.

*snip* I don't enter these for the reward. I enter these to crush my enemies, see their entries driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their sculpting tools.

This seems to be the common sentiment, which I think is great.

Well, I got one win under my belt, and came damn to winning a second one, so we'll see how this one goes. I think it's great that the number of entries and the level of competition increases with each one of these.

Now I just have to figure out how to improve upon a Contemptor that's already Legion specific.

I, Grand Master Caloth, of the Grey Knights, Chapter 666, do undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War challenge to complete at least 1 Venerable Dreadnought by Sept 2, 2014. May His will guide my hand and lead my fallen Brother back to the field of war against the Great Enemy of Mankind.

So there's no percentage of parts right?

The Rules will be as follows,

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- Must clearly be identifiable as the Unit it represents, it doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here.

3- No Part restrictions this time, go nuts thumbsup.gif

As the man says, go nuts. :)

I, Augustus b'Raass, would like to undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash an Eight Legged Lord of Skulls by August 23d, 2014 (because I'll leave for abroad for three weeks on the 23d)

(Grotsmasha, as Knights are allowed, I figured the LoS would also be allowed...)

I started this project two hours before the OP, but that was in VERY early stages of the project. Nothing had been glued then just some sawing of the defiler pelvis... Can I still enter?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps9450d291.jpg

Here's what the project looks like now. Still nowhere near completion, but getting along. Still needs TONS of scultping, glueing, dremmelling, pinning and shaving to do. biggrin.png

I, Augustus b'Raass, would like to undertake Grotsmasha's Relics of War Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash an Eight Legged Lord of Skulls by August 23d, 2014 (because I'll leave for abroad for three weeks on the 23d)

(Grotsmasha, as Knights are allowed, I figured the LoS would also be allowed...)

I started this project two hours before the OP, but that was in VERY early stages of the project. Nothing had been glued then just some sawing of the defiler pelvis... Can I still enter?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/temporary_zps9450d291.jpg

Here's what the project looks like now. Still nowhere near completion, but getting along. Still needs TONS of scultping, glueing, dremmelling, pinning and shaving to do. biggrin.png

Welcome aboard thumbsup.gif

What exactly is a:

DIY "Special" Sentinal varient?

Is it anything that isn't the usual Sentinel?

Basically anything that isn't an out-of-the-box Sentinel, but is more than a weapon swap. It doesn't even need to be game legal.

EDIT: It doesn't even need to start as a Sentinel kit, the finished model just needs to reasonably counts-as a Sentinel.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived