Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 6: RoW Completion Thread

Grotsmasha

Oh, feth... it cost you a Dremel? cry.gif

And while accepting your compliment, let me pay you one myself and say that even I have never been brave enough to try to convert one of those pewter bricks that they call a Chaos dread. He looks great.

Also, if I hadn't taken so long to figure out what to do with my Contemptor, I was going to convert the plasma cannon into a volkite, so you one-upped me there. :D

Sorry for the tardiness brothers, real life has poked its head in to jab at me, but anyhoo, Augustus' entry from the sign-up thread,

and now,

RELICS OF WAR ENTRIES CLOSED

Damn, the first of my Challenges that I have failed......I will however, still finish my entry with the next Challenge. I'll need a few days to sort out some Favourites.

Cheers,

Jono

Good luck to the finalists!

I would've liked to enter but a number of real life complications denied me adequate table time to hack up forgeworld dreads for the contest.  Grotsmasha-- are you still allowing people to enter previous contests whenever a new one crops up? 'Cuz I really wanna knock out this dreadnought conversion! (and get a pip)

Good luck to the finalists!

I would've liked to enter but a number of real life complications denied me adequate table time to hack up forgeworld dreads for the contest.  Grotsmasha-- are you still allowing people to enter previous contests whenever a new one crops up? 'Cuz I really wanna knock out this dreadnought conversion! (and get a pip)

Yep, all previous Challenges will be open for the Treadheads Challenge starting October 1st.

Cheers,

Jono

Alrighty lads, Final 5 time,

1. noctus cornix

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140808_003857_zpsc4562cb8.jpg

2. Eberious

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/011_zps13a6c326.jpg

3. Kilofix

14960472945_cf7308c2fa_c.jpg

4. Brother Chaplain Kage

http://i.imgur.com/fxnZfdz.png

5. Augustus b'Raass

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps3183fd55-1.jpg

and a special "Pain and Suffering" award for converting a metal dread,

1000Heathens

gallery_37532_8712_206496.png

Sorry for the delay, we found termites and I've been flat-out renovating. I'll have a Challenge Favourite and Banners/Pips hopefully by the weekend.

Cheers,

Jono

1000heathens: wow, what a cool dread!

Pity about the dremel though.

BCK: your Green-stuff fu is truly outrageously good!

Kilofix: i might have to Steal your design for that vehicle if i Ever manage to get a guard army going.

My first wife was a very temperamental and volatile French Quebecois. I know pain and suffering.

In comparison, this dread was a Saturday afternoon on Panama City Beach, in the Red Door Saloon, enjoying half price drinks with the sea breeze hitting me. tongue.png

My first wife was a very temperamental and volatile French Quebecois. I know pain and suffering.

In comparison, this dread was a Saturday afternoon on Panama City Beach, in the Red Door Saloon, enjoying half price drinks with the sea breeze hitting me. tongue.png

My mother being one + Living in the area, I know that pain...I know it very well...

My mother being one + Living in the area, I know that pain...I know it very well...

My mother in law drinks half a carton of west end a day and loves me because I'm irish with the last name beer apparantly my misses grandma would be proud of me :D

Yeah, that whole French thing doesn't do it for me. I don't really care for the language itself or the accent it imparts on broken English, but glad you got out of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, the primary hold-up was that I was wanting to have the banners and the pips ready before announcing, but I've had so little time.

So without further ado, the Challenge Favourite of the Relics of War Challenge goes to.....

drum roll please

Augustus b'Raass

join me in congratulating Augustus on his fantastic entry, it was a hard choice amongst a bunch of excellent conversions.

I'll P.M. everyone with Banners and Pips once I've had time to make them.

Now, moving on to further news, a new challenge comes October 1st. To finish out the Challenges for 2014 we have

Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 7

Treadheads

This is a two month, two part Challenge. Part one is to create a brand new, unique vehicle. You will need to create a small fluff piece, as you would find alongside a unit in a Codex. You will also need to provide a stat line, a points cost and any upgrades available to it. 

The second part is to model your very own tank variant. Any chassis from any board appropriate army is acceptable.

So what constitutes new? 

It could be a previously unused weapon load-out.

It could be a new pattern of an existing vehicle.

It could be a modified transport capacity from an existing vehicle.

It could be a vehicle from the fluff that has never had rules or a model (Custode Grav-Rhino I'm looking at you...).

There will be no parts restrictions for this Challenge as well, if you can build it, and you cannot find it in any current or previous Codex, it'll be a valid entry.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived