Aqui

+++Mission log+++

+++Operation: Purge Space Hulk designate, Stultitia hominis+++

+++Mission details require level Upsillon clearance. User has no access+++

+++User has no access, no access, no access, no....+++

+++Access gran...granted+++

+++Detail mission briefing? y/n+++

+++Details follow...+++

Thought for the day: We are the instrument of His will, and we will bring His Light into dark places

Welcome to the start of a project that has been simmering in my brain for years. When I came back into the hobby around 2009, one of the games I really wanted to get was Space Hulk, but because of the limited run and lack of funds at the time, I wasn't able to get a copy. I've lurked on ebay for a copy that didn't require me to sell what's left of my soul to no avail. Eventually, a Frater suggested that I should try to get the board tiles etc and then buy my own Terminators and =][= redacted, customising them to my own specifications. It was an awesome idea and today, I am finally the very proud and excited owner of everything related to the third edition except the models!

Pictures:

med_gallery_51296_9879_307124.jpg

Damn, but that box is heavy, and that's without the minis and egg timer (which is on route :) )! The board pieces are very nicely done and thicker than I remember (which is about twenty years ago, so I might not be remembering correctly :lol: )

med_gallery_51296_9879_632710.jpg

The contents. Aside from the Terminators and the =][= redacted, I need the relic and the dead Terminator to scratch build, which I'm looking forward to. I might make the relic a mastercrafted Chainsword to reflect one of the comments I made in response to a derogatory remark about my favourite Chapter.

I do have one modern Terminator already painted:

med_gallery_51296_9879_437606.jpg

But the base is far too large for Space Hulk :( Having said that, it's an excuse to start with a fresh set of minis ^_^

I need to work out a way of basing them in such a way that they'll fit to the board. I'm currently considering perspex, but I haven't looked too closely into where I can get some cheaply yet.

Needless to say that after this initial post there won't be another for a while, until I get the first Terminator boxset. Progress on the =][= redacted will be updated here and again there won't be much to report on until get I get a set of =][= redacted :)

Any help on basing materials or comments in general will be, as ever gratefully received! ^_^

If you can find them online and these guys are purely for Space Hulk you should be able to pick up some 30mm bases quite cheap.

I'm wondering whether to have them SH specific, or to have them dual purpose. Any excuse to get more Termis laugh.png I have a fair number of magnets that I could use to interchange the bases, but I just need to decide on what both bases should look like so that they won't look out of place in SH or 40k.

Edit: I've decided to make the minis specific for Space Hulk and I've ordered these bases for the Marines and these bases for the =][= redacted ^_^

Today, the bases for the project arrived! happy.png I'm very pleased with them and will definitely add a certain something to the models themselves.

med_gallery_51296_9879_447119.jpg

The wham bar was also inside the packet. Not sure if that's a mistake, or a thank you for ordering gesture. It's a blast from the past in any case, as it's been nearly a life time ago since I've seen one! They seem to have shrunk somewhat in the meantime blink.png

med_gallery_51296_9879_602849.jpg

The Xenos bases. This will be the only picture I will post here on anything relating to the =][= redacted, but I just wanted to show what they look like up close and as a comparison to the ones for the Terminators.

Speaking of which...

med_gallery_51296_9879_1195.jpg

I'm very happy with them, quite cheap, nicely cast and arrived sooner than I thought. I hope to get the first batch of Terminators soon to really get going on this, as I really want a game! I could proxy the models with ones I already have, but it wouldn't be the same. In the mean time between getting the Imperials, I'm currently mulling over what to use for the dead Marine, the CAT and the relic. I was given the suggestion elsewhere that I should get some lizardmen bitz to use for the relic. I thought about making a bespoke chainsword or some such to fit in with the Aztec theme I have for my main army. I was also given the suggestion of using this as the base for the CAT. Not sure though as it might take a bit of work to make it "Grim Dark " enough. I've thought about using a couple of cyber skulls that I have in the bitz box instead, but I haven't ruled it out.

I could do with clarification from someone who owns a full copy of Space Hulk - does the dead Marine figure fit in one square on the board? Or does it fill more. If someone could let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! :tu:

As well as the above to do next, I intend on painting the door bases to make them fit in with the board tiles, which I hope to show you all in the next post.

Thanks for looking in! ^_^

Ok so where are the bases from?

If you can find them online and these guys are purely for Space Hulk you should be able to pick up some 30mm bases quite cheap.

I'm wondering whether to have them SH specific, or to have them dual purpose. Any excuse to get more Termis laugh.png I have a fair number of magnets that I could use to interchange the bases, but I just need to decide on what both bases should look like so that they won't look out of place in SH or 40k.

Edit: I've decided to make the minis specific for Space Hulk and I've ordered these bases for the Marines and these bases for the =][= redacted ^_^

I think he has ordered here ;)

Ok so where are the bases from?

They're from Fenris games smile.png The items specifically are these and these. Very cheap and well cast happy.png

I also found out that the Wham! bar was given to everyone who ordered recently, so I'm not the only one who got one laugh.png

Edit: Skappa beat me to it laugh.png

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while! A lot longer than I'd have liked sad.png but I've got a little progress to report...

++Progress report.++

++Detail information on Marine designate Brother Cahseo++

Information follows...

Brother Cahseo

med_gallery_51296_9879_212137.jpg

A Marine who rose from aspirancy in the same group as Brother Captain Varagol of the Chapters' Fourth Company. One of few words, his dour seeming demeanour belies a strong soul, one that would willing lay down his life for his Brothers and has done many times. It is his introverted behaviour that has prevented him from attaining a commanding rank and a squad of his own, but after his part in preventing the Chapter Master from dying at the hands of a Hive Tyrant, he was instead elevated to the First Company. Expert in most types of heavy weapons as he is, it is the Assault Cannon which is his "signature", laying down a furious hail of fire to cover his Brothers' closer assaults with Powerfist and Chainfist.

I hope to have more done tomorrow smile.png I also have the first boxset for the =][= redacted part of this project. Eventually, the progress on them will be shown here. It won't be for a while yet, however...

It is a Good Start. Oh drill out the Barrel MISTER!!!.tongue.png

I haven't forgotten. I just have a drill bit thin enough for it yet. Hopefully I can find one tomorrow! laugh.png

Personalised Space Hulk termis is an awesome idea, would love to do it myself! Will you add more aztec-y bits to your squad, as Chapter veterans you'd be justified in making them quite blinged out?

Personalised Space Hulk termis is an awesome idea, would love to do it myself! Will you add more aztec-y bits to your squad, as Chapter veterans you'd be justified in making them quite blinged out?

I reckon so happy.png I've been thinking more and more of the original Space Hulk game and the Death Wing Marines featured in it. Each had reverted to their old tribe names (and the pictogram that each had). I think I might go down that route if I can find some simple but effective glyphs to use on the armour smile.png I'm also in the middle of re-writing the background I have for them (they aren't anywhere near GrimDark enough!), so hopefully that will help! happy.png

I succumbed to temptation and built the rest of the squad laugh.png

++Progress report.++

++Detail information on First Company squad "Eztli"++

Information follows...

Brother B'Lor

med_gallery_51296_9879_238730.jpg

Brother B'Lor is renowned for his aggressive behaviour. Before his induction to the First Company, his Assault squad had attacked and killed the Ork Waaagh! boss Gitnutz Sloppanokka and his retinue. Such was the carnage, it had caused enough of a rout to allow the Chapter to put down the Waaagh! permanently. A relatively calm aspirant, he became wild and barely controllable away from the battlefield once most of his implants had taken. Now, after many years of fighting and tutoring from the Chapter's Chaplains, he has attained a measure of balance. Some of his detractors say that that fine line will one day be crossed, the consequences of which will be costly...

(One of the reasons why the Chapter has kept him away from the Lightning Claws... laugh.png )

Brother Churk

med_gallery_51296_9879_80514.jpg

Every squad needs someone that will find a tactical advantage and exploit it. After Brother-Sergeant Eztli, that would be Brother Churk. His ability to see a weak spot in the enemy's position and come up with at least one plan of action is legendary. He usually keeps an eye on B'Lor as his wayward Brother needs his calming influence...

Brother Shrk

med_gallery_51296_9879_249518.jpg

Brother Shrk is obsessed with fire. An almost pious fanaticism drives him to set the enemies before him alight. He once tried to explain that within the fire there is a truth, one that he has nearly deciphered. In the mean time, he brings light to the darkness...literally.

Brother-Sergeant Eztli

med_gallery_51296_9879_157360.jpg

Brother-Sergeant has been a First Company Sergeant for centuries. An aura of total calm, he has been often asked why some of his subordinates have questionable sensibilities and not taken to task. Whilst he himself has a few doubts himself, he has taken an element of the Chapter that would otherwise not completely fit and made them an effective fighting unit. His squad often supports Brother-Captain Varagol's Fourth Company in actions that require their presence.

Squad shot

med_gallery_51296_9879_470748.jpg

++Transmission ends++

The bases look even better than I'd hoped, and have added a little of that "weightiness" to them, which I miss from the old metal models. I'm still researching the glyphs I'd like to give them. Hopefully, I'll find what I want before I get to the stage where I paint them on smile.png

Thanks for looking! happy.png

• 1 year later...

*sigh* Nearly two years have passed. One day, I might actually be able to get this project done! laugh.png

Anyway, after such a long time, I've been inclined to do some painting. However, as a large portion of models I have are for ETL, I figured that I should go back to some Marine related stuff. This project will give me a way to scratch that itch, but is something that won't take too long to complete (he says looking at the topic start date!)

To the pictures, well, picture:

med_gallery_51296_9879_556166.png

I still have a way to go before these are finished, but I'm just glad I managed to break out of the painting fugue state I've been in. I do have the parts for the Lightning Claw model (somewhere laugh.png ), so when I find the parts for him, he'll get the same treatment smile.png I'll be revisiting the official models from Space Hulk (who are going to be Flesh Tearers, save the Dead Marine, who will be a Lamenter wub.png ) as I got a copy of the 2014 version as well, a short time after this topic was started! laugh.png

Thanks for looking! happy.png

YES !!!! YES !!!!

laugh.png

It's the most silly thing though - both boxes (the 2009 and 2014 versions) have been in the living room on top of my coffee table for all that time, but have been there for so long that they effectively became invisible. The same can be said for my Shield of Baal box, what's left of my Dark Vengeance box and how many individual bitz and pieces! laugh.png

Archived