++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

What do you guys think of a 10 man termy unit.

Give them T5.

Can be pretty durable if you give them 5+++ as well. DS in, almost a guaranteed charge as well. Could be fun!

Why do that when the more slaaneshi thing would be to give them a 7" move?

Well let's start by taking a 6 man or a 12 man unit if we want to talk about a fluffy decision, yes? :P

<SNIP>

The list composition looks fine, but what program did you use to make it?  It contains a number of errors, including that the daemon prince can only have 1 psychic power and the noise marine champion can't have both a bolter and a sonic blaster.

Looks like battlescribe but I feel like there are a few issues with missing marks and too many options on characters. Also with the updated points/legend units there is a few points opening up, maybe 150 to 200 at a guess Edited by MDops

I only use battle scribe to do HH as I am too cheap to get the books. It's easier to do 40k lists in excel if you have the required books already. Plus you can go crazy doing nice formatting in excel, along with summary sheets for units/equipment etc.

<SNIP>

The list composition looks fine, but what program did you use to make it?  It contains a number of errors, including that the daemon prince can only have 1 psychic power and the noise marine champion can't have both a bolter and a sonic blaster.

I used battle scribe and I didn’t think about removing the bolters from the noise champion and to add mark because they don’t affect the list point wise. I got no excuses for the daemon prince, just didn’t have my codex with me and didn’t bother to check if I was right.

I’ll be a dressing these errors right away!

What do you guys think of a 10 man termy unit.

Give them T5.

Can be pretty durable if you give them 5+++ as well. DS in, almost a guaranteed charge as well. Could be fun!

Why do that when the more slaaneshi thing would be to give them a 7" move?

My marines seek perfection differently than yours, brother.

Sounds good - please share pictures as you try to work out your colours.  The folks here will certainly help.

Slaanesh forces really have an open door for colours, you can go to town :wink: The Flawless Host scheme is good but don't forget you can make your own DIY warband if you want your own scheme :thumbsup:

I will do my best to please slaanesh and archieve perfection, brothers.

As new player to 40k (and wargaming in general) what would you suggest me to buy for my first 1.000 points?

I love noise marines and Lucius, just saying.

There's the Flawless Host renegade warband... a.k.a. what I play... and there's supposed to be a splinter of Emperor's Children called the Flawless Host. 

So you could play either with your own scheme.

Noise Marines with the new rules from Faith & Fury are really nice, so it's something to consider.  A blob of 20 Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters and Blastmasters with the new strat to add to the sonic weapon Strength and fire twice from Cacophony looks* REALLY good.

I play Flawless Host because I like getting stuck in melee and proccing extra attacks is a fun mini-game for me... right now a Demon Prince with Rapacious Talons casting Demonic Strength on itself is hilarious.  If you like melee, Lucius might be the way to go... if you like shooting more, which A LOT of people do... then Noise Marines might be your pick. 

Either way, sort of figuring out how you like to play is the first step, and if you know a few people maybe ask to borrow their minis for a few practice games to see what about Slaanesh marines you like the most. 

I can also DM you my recipe for Flawless Host using a tan base and mostly contrast paints to get it finished quickly if your interested. Painting time went from 6 hours per mini to 2 hours per mini.   But I'm a perfectionist so there's that... :wink:

*Disclosure - I personally haven't played Noise Marines yet this edition, so take with a grain of salt.

There's the Flawless Host renegade warband... a.k.a. what I play... and there's supposed to be a splinter of Emperor's Children called the Flawless Host. 

So you could play either with your own scheme.

Noise Marines with the new rules from Faith & Fury are really nice, so it's something to consider.  A blob of 20 Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters and Blastmasters with the new strat to add to the sonic weapon Strength and fire twice from Cacophony looks* REALLY good.

I play Flawless Host because I like getting stuck in melee and proccing extra attacks is a fun mini-game for me... right now a Demon Prince with Rapacious Talons casting Demonic Strength on itself is hilarious.  If you like melee, Lucius might be the way to go... if you like shooting more, which A LOT of people do... then Noise Marines might be your pick. 

Either way, sort of figuring out how you like to play is the first step, and if you know a few people maybe ask to borrow their minis for a few practice games to see what about Slaanesh marines you like the most. 

I can also DM you my recipe for Flawless Host using a tan base and mostly contrast paints to get it finished quickly if your interested. Painting time went from 6 hours per mini to 2 hours per mini.   But I'm a perfectionist so there's that... :wink:

*Disclosure - I personally haven't played Noise Marines yet this edition, so take with a grain of salt.

The thing I like the most about Flawless Host is their colour scheme, I think it's simple but looks great for the type of army i want to create (not so rockstar EC, more like beautifull regal decadent space marines, with a morbid beauty...).

I was thiking about those colour schemes, but it's hard for me to decide:

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/flawless-host.jpg

I don't know what's best for my current level of painting, I just painted some Nurgle Daemons, that's all my miniature painting experience. There are two pictures, so you can see my current level of painting:

IMG 20191215 154812

IMG 20191215 154819

I love noise marines, but yesterday the manager of my local GW store told me that maybe I should wait instead of buying the noise marine conversion bits, because they think (don't know 100%, but thats what they are suspecting) that a new codex for EC it's coming in the 9th edition, and may be in june. But I think thats too much time for me to wait, and I could just buy it and start practicing and GET LOUDER.

I'm thiking about having this for a good deal https://www.goblintrader.es/apocalypse/34549-chaos-space-marines-battalion-detachment-5011921117789.html so I get 30CSM, and i could make 20 noise marines and 10 slaanesh CSM, but i don't know a lot about rules yet so I'm talking without any real knowlege. 

Let's say I want to create a first 1000pts list (that I would expand in the future), with noise marines, more shooting focused army, what would you choose?

I would appreciate that recipe for Flawless Host colours, I have some idea about how I would make them in case i choose their colour scheme, but all information it's usefull. I'm not a big fan of speed painting, I like to take my time painting, I'm also a perfectionist, brother, hehe.

PD: Excuse me for my bad english :smile.:, I'm trying to improve. 

Edited by ItsMeLucius

59630510866  913572FB F717 45C5 A5AB B09BF355B7D1

Screen Shot 2019 12 15 At 7.51.31 AM

So here's the traditional layered technique on the left at 6 hours; following GWs advent calendar guide from years ago; the mostly contrast technique on the right is darker... but I don't mind that... and only took 2 hours. I figured I'd just post it just in case anyone else wanted to see it as well.

I'll believe an EC codex when I see it, it wouldn't stop me from building what I want.

Noise Marines with a Lord or Dark Apostle... I think the Apostle makes a good choice now, but others more versed in perfection of the Emperor's Children would know better than I... would be a good place to start, keeping them EC will also make your Noise Marines troops as well.

Edited by 40kChris

Looks good to me :tu: Noise Marines are good, especially as unfortunately combat isn't in the best of places currently so having nice shooting is always worth having. I'd consider complementing them with some CSM as they're cheaper now and can offer some extra numbers and some heavier weaponry to help against armour. Getting a Battalion going is easy enough though, so if you don't want some CSM adding cheap Cultists to fill slots and eat bullets works too.

Other than some troops you need to consider where you're getting your bigger guns to handle enemy armour and monsters etc. Any thoughts as to vehicles or do you want to focus on infantry?

Well, here are some of mine:

B6ZdSCv.jpg

They are chaos warrior torsos, metal raptor legs and jump pack made from a marine power pack and gargoyle wings.  Though, these days I use the one on the right as a sorcerer.

fwi05Vz.jpg

This one is the Dark Vengence models with the power maul with arm swaps from the chaos marine sprues.

Hope these help.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Well, these models will have to wait until I have a place set up in basement for priming - until then I can't prime as its too cold outside to use the garage like I do in the summer.

Can't take credit for using the noise marine model as apostle (someone else here gave me that idea) but I can take credit for thinking of the speakerlytes. :)