++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

I really like that list hushrong, my only concern is how much use the sonic blasters in the blasmaster squads will get. Had a chance to use it yet?

Twice and it brought the noise! Kakaphoni with the splitfire ability is the only reason I put sonic blasters in my blastmaster squad.

I usually try to park those guys closest to the deployment edge where I can put them into terrain with a great view. My main opponent/frenemy has played his dark eldar on both occasions and he usually has armies that literally try to get close and grab my boys by the belt buckle. So they have seen plenty of use.

And having the 3 shots each and 24" range with +1 to str and shred...it's been nasty.

Throw in Geomortiis for terrain surfing, than you dont even need to worry about range. (just about dangerous terrain tests and if youre unit is completly in terrain.)

I forget about the new powers. I'll have to try them out again sometime. I loved having daemonology and a jump pack to hop around and summon all kinds of new friends on the table. Once in a blue moon he'd blaspheme and be sacrificed to become a bloodthirster.

Ahhh, that always put a smile on my face. And now seeing that new lord of change has me licking my lips for a keeper of secrets.

And now seeing that new lord of change has me licking my lips for a keeper of secrets.

Indeed, I'm hoping it'll fit in with my metal Daemonettes but with what we're seeing so far I'm sure we'll be blown away. So much for my idea that this was my Daemons army done :P

I forget about the new powers. I'll have to try them out again sometime. I loved having daemonology and a jump pack to hop around and summon all kinds of new friends on the table. Once in a blue moon he'd blaspheme and be sacrificed to become a bloodthirster.

Ahhh, that always put a smile on my face. And now seeing that new lord of change has me licking my lips for a keeper of secrets.

Well with Geomortis you might not have extra bodies in form of Daemons, but who cares, you have the terrain on your side as well, wich can be real funny with tourneys as you now have a legal way to fix how the TO puts down terrain...although its fixed in your favor.

I'm planning to mix Slaanesh powers with Heretek - giving my kakophoni some anti vehicle (badly needed) and getting that spell which either increases my Rhino armour by 1 (so they get up the board for dirge caster assaults) or +1 Toughness - essential against weapons which would otherwise strip us of our FNP. It also allows for repairs to rhinos.

If I have raptors with meltas, or a melta havoc squad instead, I'd possibly go for pure slaanesh, or maybe telepathy (the primaris is fluffy, like the lear scream in the stories, and will aid the leadership rolls some of the artifacts needs) or Biomancy, hoping for Endurance so we get relentless (I won a game once just by casting Endurance on a CSM unit, and tanking a huge chunk of my opponents army, giving time for my Daemon Prince to cross the board and save them, wiping their tormentors out).

Has anyone heard rumours of a Fulgrim model? Magnus and the LOC shared parts, so if there's a KOS, there may be a Fulgrim too...?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay so we will get "the unit who charges gets to attack first" back in 8e...which is imo pretty awesome but also sucks a bit for Emperor's Children.

So who is with me and hopes for a "strikes first" rule once we got our new Legion rules? :D (by now it's not a 'if' anymore for me tbh :P )

It is definitely not an if anymore, we're also getting getting a 40k Lucius novel in the future!

As for the who goes first thing, I really hope we'll still see unwieldy type rules. My AoS daemon prince is a menace though, of any opposing units try to attack near him, he always gets to pile in and attack first, something like that I wouldn't be opposed to. ;)

I just hope they wont negate our superior initiative though, I'm used to firing my doom siren and baiting the enemy into eating the over watch the next turn.

Guess we can work around it if we still got split fire. ;)

Well to be fair high Initiative isn't completely negated. We still get to attack first the second round....but getting always to attack first (unless using unwieldy weapons etc.) would be a nice special thing for Emperor's Children units. Maybe just some EC special units (like Rubric and Occult Termis for TSons).

I like the sound of charger-attacks-first: likely the nimbler units will be the ones pulling off charges and hitting first as they did in the past anyway, but for the times when they're outmanoeuvred then their opponent gets to hit first, which feels right to me, representing the enemy getting the drop on them.

sfPanzer has a good point that it may only affect the first round of combat.

And I expect either Slaanesh will get some kind of advantage (e.g. Our good initiative keeping us attacking first on subsequent rounds) or GW has something else in store as 'The New Slaaneshiness' to replace the Initiative boost.

I think our greater Initiative will transform into better Mouvement (and maybe Attack) charac. With better mouvement come more tactical plan to be the one who charge, not the one who is charged upon. 

And rely on speed and strategic mouvement and position is totally E.C.

While wainting for the new Emperor Children legion this is my list in progress : 

Rapture Battalion : 

- Core : Kakophoni :

* Lord on bike, sigil, energetic sword

* 3 Squads of 5 NM, each with 1 Blastmaster and 3 Sonic Blaster

- Core  : Chaos Warband : 

* Lord in Terminator Armor with Power Fist

* 2 Squads of 5 SMC

* 1 Rhino

* 1 Squad of 6 Raptor with 2 Melta, Icon of Excess, Power sword on the Champ

* 1 Squad of 4 Bike with 2 Melta, Icon of Excess

* 1 Squad of 4 Termi, all with Power fist and combimelta and Icon of Excess

* 1 Squad of 5 Havoc with 4 Autocannon (dont have points left for the fluffy 4 Lascannon squad :sad.: )

- Auxillary : 2 Spawn

Iron Warrior CAD (yea thats sad, but it's on of the cheaper way to get the :smile.:

* Sicaran Battle Tank

* 2 Obliterators

* 1 Sorcerer lvl 2 on Bike

For the Terminator i'll use the Phoenix guard, and the Raptor will be a Palatin Blade units with jetpack, all the armor will be mark IV. So i can mix 30k and 40k esthetic, showing the legion as they turn slowly into madness (except noise marine, they are already :censored: up)

That's for 2000 points, for 1500 its just the Rapture Battalion, with only 3 Termi, 3 Bike, 5 Raptors, 1 Spawn without the Iron Warrior CAD but with a Slaanesh Sorcerer on bike on the Warband. 

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been using Slaanesh-marked marines in their Shadow War kill teams?

What rosters are people using? :smile.:

I'm honest, I have very little interest in a full Slaanesh kill team without access to Noise weaponry. I gonna make a mixed team first I think. Already assembled the models for each mark with equip from the CSM box. :D

I was planning on taking a Slaaneshi Champ and a couple of Slaaneshi Marines built to stab (and shoot a little), but most of my musings are based on theory at this stage (and somewhat from Necromunda...) as I've get to nab the rules for a proper read.

I was planning on taking a Slaaneshi Champ and a couple of Slaaneshi Marines built to stab (and shoot a little), but most of my musings are based on theory at this stage (and somewhat from Necromunda...) as I've get to nab the rules for a proper read.

For those with lesser morals about PDF's the rules are available online... But piracys naughty so I shall say no more about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having luck with a Slaaneshi team?

I'm psyched about getting some games in but most I see on YouTube are serious shoot outs with pinning all around. Or falling off of railing...even with hand guards around for safety!

*EDIT* talking about Shadow Wars to clarify.

Edited by hushrong

Anyone having luck with a Slaaneshi team?

I'm psyched about getting some games in but most I see on YouTube are serious shoot outs with pinning all around. Or falling off of railing...even with hand guards around for safety!

*EDIT* talking about Shadow Wars to clarify.

Whether you want hand guards to prevent falling off of railings or not is something you would have to talk about with your opponent but it's completely fine for them to do so. :D

And yes SW:A is still a rather shooty system and pinning is a core mechanic. It's less about tableing the enemy but more about playing the mission.

I haven't played a full Slaaneshi team myself yet but I5 should bring them relatively easy into close combat. Just keep in mind that in SW:A it's WAY better to keep your guys close instead of spreading them out and you'll be fine.

• 1 month later...

What do people think will happend to all chaos marines that follow Slaanesh in 8:ed? Both fluffwise and with rules. I can´t wait until I can find out what mark of Slaanesh do for marines, what our weapons will do and if we can mix marines and daemons together :)

So what do you other thinks?

btw I´m myself just started a small warband that I hope will grow to a full army of Angels of Ecstasy :D

The Slaanesh bits are a bit on the pricey side, but the benefits were nice. Now Initiative is going that's a big chunk of that strength gone so I'm hoping for something juicy to compensate for this. Would be nice if the IoE was a bit cheaper (still planning my Apothecary counts-as) but unfortunately looks like we'll need to wait for release to find out?

I'm still busying myself working on basic CSM so it's not going to make a difference for me if we don't find out before 8th comes. Other than getting more Terminators I suppose :wink: I've not seen anything that signals any significant fluff changes, but that's not much of an indicator. I'm hoping that CSM can work well with Daemons too, as I've lots of Daemonettes to work on.

If you've just started your Slaaneshi warband have you made your complementary WIP topic on the B&C yet? :smile.:

@Warriorfish No, I have not. Perhaps I should do that? It could give me more motivation to make progress. ;)

It would be interested to see what we will get as it seems Gw has not been doen with Slaanesh i 40k (in aoS Slannesh is more or less gone). Of course I think that after Nurgle has been done that next year Slaanesh will get some attention with lots of new models and also a diffrent approach. I think the whole sex thing will be gone and other aspects of Slaanesh will be show in the light more.

WIP topics are excellent motivation as well as great places to get help and advice :thumbsup:

Slaanesh is much more than sex, drugs and sausage rolls but the upcoming (at some point) attention from GW is likely to focus more on the Emperor's Children or Noise Marines perhaps, so it might be more to do with their brand of excess?

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot wait to see what GW does for our Emperor's Children. Mostly curious as to what kind of cultist we would get recently. Thousand Sons have Tzaangors, Nurgle has Pox Walkers, I wonder what we would get.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has tried playing with the new rules?

I'll be trying them out on Saturday, unfortunately the icon is a bit of a lame duck as I'll be up against 1k Sons, Necrons and Daemons so it's no use whatsoever.

I'll be taking a couple of units of Noise Marines and 30 daemonettes to see how they perform but as for the mark of slaanesh, it seems pretty pointless until we get a proper codex.

I am looking forward to hearing how well they do.

Currently I am hopping the nasty bandwagon with Nurgle for the start of 8th. New minis and new rules are a bit irresistible.

I do hope we get some things back for our Legion though. I used Noise Marines first and foremost and they were tough bastards thanks to fearless and doubly so when we got feel no pain from Traitor Legion. I also liked arming them with noise weaponry and thanks to the Kakophoni formation they got even better. Really hope they get some of that back. Had a taste of the good life...