++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Yeah, we had combat drugs and I brought a rapture battalion will 6 noise marines squads so I got  +1s to sonic weapons, split fire, and I think there was something else. It was so awesome but then 8th happened and I felt robbed (still kinda do). We finally got flavor for our Legions and then bleh. That's what made me put down my EC and not play for a good while. Bummed the army I had collected and was building were neutered.

I've played them a few times though and have found some joy in them but I need the excess of emotions from a new Codex and minis to get the blood going.

Gederas, Everything on that list would be so welcomed! As for 'sonic vehicle' I really would dbe ok with sonic weapon upgrades for our existing tanks. I have no idea what they could make for slaanesh to rival the drone, plagueburst, and hauler the DG got if we went tit for tat.

Edited by hushrong

I'm still mostly waiting for proper Chaos Marine models so I can finally start building my EC army for real. I bought the Start Collecting box on a whim quite some time ago and was very displeased with the models compared to my T'au models. The Primaris release only made that feeling worse.

Tho if the rumours about a Black Legion release this year are true I'll force myself to keep myself busy painting my T'au at least until february 2019 to see whether a EC release follows or not before using them to convert myself some better Noise Marines lol

I still played a few times with proxy models tho and Noise Marines are still a lot of fun to use with Stratagems imo despite them slowly falling behind and the Daemon Prince especially. However two units and a really bad legion tactic makes playing EC feel really lacking compared to end of 7th edition.

Doomrider ... I want him even more than Fulgrim. He's my true Primarch! :biggrin.:

If they make Doomrider, I hope they take ideas from Kierdale's Doomrider. Because that one is PERFECT!

For sure!

Tho that's what I've planned for my Seeker units even before Kierdale did it actually so I'm probably going to stick with my own Doomrider conversion (extremely early WIP and put on hold indefinitely for now). ^^

HFh0Z5yl.jpg

Gederas, Everything on that list would be so welcomed! As for 'sonic vehicle' I really would be ok with sonic weapon upgrades for our existing tanks. I have no idea what they could make for slaanesh to rival the drone, plagueburst, and hauler the DG got if we went tit for tat.

I've a few ideas.

- Foetid Bloat Drone Rival: A small Dreadnought-sized Daemon Engine with sonic weapons, but also the ability for a melee build that'd be scary.

- Plagueburst Rival: Perhaps a variant of the predator with a big Blasmaster as the main gun and twin Sonic Blasters as the sponsons? Or a more artillery-based sonic vehicle?

- Blight-hauler Rival: This is the one I'm not too sure on. Because the Blight-hauler has a REALLY weird niche in the Death Guard list. :lol:

If they make Doomrider, I hope they take ideas from Kierdale's Doomrider. Because that one is PERFECT!

For sure!

Tho that's what I've planned for my Seeker units even before Kierdale did it actually so I'm probably going to stick with my own Doomrider conversion (extremely early WIP and put on hold indefinitely for now). ^^

HFh0Z5yl.jpg

Is that a chaos jetbike? That is badass!

Oh man, I think I had an idea for a drone-like rival. An enslaver, imagine a floating, mechanical squid and its biomechanical tendrils used to capture slaves for the legion. Sonic weapons to subdue/weaken an enemy before closing in.

For the hauler I wish they would give us jetbikes, even more so after looking at sfpanzer's Doomrider. Our Legion preferred being swift so instead of bringing a daemon engine give us some ol' jetbikes!

Plagueburst rival...I have no clue. I do hope we get some actual new units like the DG and not recycled materials like the Thousand Sons did.

I honestly really just want a Jetbike unit. I'm jealous of how fast and mobile Eldar Jetbike units are and none of my armies can emulate that (except for the T'au Coldstar Commander). :D

Yeah, we had combat drugs and I brought a rapture battalion will 6 noise marines squads so I got  +1s to sonic weapons, split fire, and I think there was something else. It was so awesome but then 8th happened and I felt robbed (still kinda do). We finally got flavor for our Legions and then bleh. That's what made me put down my EC and not play for a good while. Bummed the army I had collected and was building were neutered.

I've played them a few times though and have found some joy in them but I need the excess of emotions from a new Codex and minis to get the blood going.

Gederas, Everything on that list would be so welcomed! As for 'sonic vehicle' I really would dbe ok with sonic weapon upgrades for our existing tanks. I have no idea what they could make for slaanesh to rival the drone, plagueburst, and hauler the DG got if we went tit for tat.

You should have seen what we lost in 4th.

Yeah, I do not know how anyone survived that. I always heard about the glorious 3.5 codex, even got a copy years later, and yeah. WOW! I learned about 40k but then moved to Japan shortly after and where I lived nobody had 40k except those who brought armies with them. I missed out on the glory years.

I have been playing since 5th...and it has been a brawl.

I saw what we used to have in 4th. Sonic weapons on everything. It was glorious lol

My whole army was sonic. I had sonic bikers and terminators and even converted a sonic predator. What I miss most though, is my Lustwing. I'm excited that I can finally almost recreate it now in 8th, with even a few improvements. Hello, Xiphons!

I can still shoot longe range and grenade when up close and personal when slain.

I'd still argue you can't do that if you're up close and personal when slain. Again, just like you can't shoot out of any close combat regularly nothing about Music of the Apocalypse allows you to shoot non-pistol weapons while within 1" of an enemy unit. Not at the unit you're in melee with itself nor at other units.

Those restrictions are for the shooting phase. Nothing stop a NM diying in close combat to shoot a nearby unit with his sonic blaster. It's the same reasoning for shooting characters.

What do you guys think about noise Marine cc squads? I have a bunch of bolt pistol and chainsword chaos Marines and I converted a couple of Doom siren champs with slaaneshi bits. From what I read they'd be better than using them as standard chaos Marines and since they're a troops choice for EC anyway...

What do you guys think about noise Marine cc squads? I have a bunch of bolt pistol and chainsword chaos Marines and I converted a couple of Doom siren champs with slaaneshi bits. From what I read they'd be better than using them as standard chaos Marines and since they're a troops choice for EC anyway...

I don't see how trading a 3 S4 AP0 shot cover ignoring 24" range  weapon trading for a single additional S4 AP0 attack is in any way worth considering. They still won't be a good melee unit with Chainswords and they lose their great ranged output.

I've been running that type of unit for awhile as stabby-meatshields for my lord. I liked them better in the older edition where they were fearless and I gave them an Icon for a better feel no pain thanks to Traitor Legion.

If you aren't crazy competitive it can be a fun unit to run and it does fill in a troop slot if you need it. Plus, it can save you some points on weapons.

• 2 weeks later...