++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

I keep waiting for the EC codex to drop. New noise marine models, sonic weapon options for vehicles and helbrutes, and a new 40k version of Palatine Blades so our Legion specific rule actually means something with EC dedicated assault units.

I'm in agreement.

Ooooh, that's an idea. A new plastic Sonic Dreadnought? :ohmy.:

I mean, I already posted my wishlist for an Emperor's Children codex on the bottom of page page 41. Lemme quote it again:

Emperor's Children codex:

- DRUGS. All the drugs! Show the Dark Eldar how a real army does drugs! :laugh.:

- Related to the above: DOOMRIDER

- Better Noise Marines

- Palatine Blades (better Chosen?)

- Phoenix Guard

- Emperor's Children terminators (in Tartaros armour)

- Fulgrim

- Sonic Dreadnoughts as their own model

- Sonic vehicles?

In other news: I got confirmation last night at my FLGS' Warhammer Wednesday that my Renegade Knight will be in by Friday. Looks like my Emperor's Children will be getting their Queen a lot sooner than I expected :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...

Random question everyone:

What would you recommend for a loadout for an Emperor's Children Lord on a Steed of Slaanesh? 'cause I ordered the metal Fantasy one from GW today and was wondering how I should kit him out.

Depends what role you want it to fill - if you want it to engage targets of general opportunity, I would recommend a combi-melta and a power fist - that let's you threaten the things that you most likely want to pick out, like characters and vehicles.

If you want someone to take on infantry, maybe a power axe and combi-bolter, or if for melee only 2 lightning claws or an axe and chainsword. 

Depends what role you want it to fill - if you want it to engage targets of general opportunity, I would recommend a combi-melta and a power fist - that let's you threaten the things that you most likely want to pick out, like characters and vehicles.

If you want someone to take on infantry, maybe a power axe and combi-bolter, or if for melee only 2 lightning claws or an axe and chainsword. 

This. It all depends on the role that you want your lord to play.

Indeed, if you want to chop through infantry (and even characters) the lightning claw build does wonders for me. With a Warlord Trait and the Intoxicating Elixir he's a beast and has earned a fearsome reputation on my table tops for good reason :biggrin.:

Unfortunately it's always my Prince who has the Elixir to bump him to S8 with Talons so if I were to play a Lord I would have to look for a different loadout. :D

I run Mercury (my steed lord) with fist + chainsword, and mostly use him to jump back on distant objectives in maelstrom - especially if the enemy has a model on it - since he moves so darn quick.

I used to run him with fist and claw last edition. To be honest, I’m kind of regretting not keeping the claw on him instead of the fist... but it hasn’t bothered me enough to change it out. :p

Thanks all. I guess I was thinking that, going by the Lord's stats, he'd be a good character hunter with his Advance+Charge or a generalist.

So Combi-melta and Power Fist then? I can work with that...

Also in other news: The Warhammer Fest Live Blog showed two new paints that I'm definitely going to try out on one of my Sorcerers (based on the Mistweaver Saih model), Hexwraith Flame and Nighthaunt Gloom:

WHfestLiveBlog-HobbyProducts-Paint1rb.jp

Firstly, painting! The Hobby Studio are always looking for ways to make getting your models on the tabletop and looking awesome easier – thus giving you an excuse to get more models. These guys are the masterminds behind staples like Agrax Earthshade, the Citadel Paint System and other essentials we can’t imagine living without, and when they saw the new Nighthaunt, they were as excited as you are. They’ve managed to formulate two new paints that’ll make getting your Nighthaunt army ready terrifyingly easy. Hexwraith Flame is a glaze that gives you spectral greens over white with minimal fuss, while Nighthaunt Gloom provides a smokey blue effect. And they’re useful for a whole host of hobby products – these paints will be ideal for adding warpflame, glowing eyes, or just Ghostifying(™) any models you choose

Not sure if I'll use one or both for the smoke effects on my Emperor's Children (when its supposed to be warp stuff), or if I should go with something else.

Not sure if I'll use one or both for the smoke effects on my Emperor's Children (when its supposed to be warp stuff), or if I should go with something else.

I'd personally try to stay away from greens for warp based energies. It feels too reminiscent of nurgle. Edited by Slan Drakkos

I'd personally try to stay away from greens for warp based energies. It feels too reminiscent of nurgle.
It's more that whenever I see artwork of Warp stuff, it's glowing green. That being said, I could go with a pinkish-purple for the smoke effect, since it is for a Slaaneshi Sorceress.

I'd personally try to stay away from greens for warp based energies. It feels too reminiscent of nurgle.

I don't know, I think neon colors are very slaanesh.

Did they show any pictures of it actually being used on miniatures?

I don't know, I think neon colors are very slaanesh.

Did they show any pictures of it actually being used on miniatures?

Sadly, they didn't. Hopefully they post pictures of it on models sometime soon.

Warpstone from Fantasy which is pretty much just warp energy in physical from is traditionally green. The colour warpstone glow exists for a reason. ^^

However in 40k there's no specific colour associated with generic warp stuff. Each chaos god has their own colour and outside of those we rarely see warp stuff unlike in Fantasy with the Skaven and their warpstone.

I'm pretty sure they'll upload a video with duncan using the colour very soon. The new edition and the Nighthaunt models will get released next month already.

My "warp dust" is turquoise blue, coz i love deep purple + turquoise. And that's also the color for my slaanesh daemon. Don't expect some kind of rules on warp energy, it's not called "Chaos" without reason. 

I feel sad each chaos god is so closely linked to a color (except Tzeench who has, for who-know-why, like all the colors..). Fluffwise each daemon is unique in aspect and colors, so dont be afraid to try some new scheme. It's sad there are more color scheme variant for Custodes than for Slaanesh daemon. 

I already saw a very beautiful Slaanesh army with Khorn colors. Don't forget Slaanesh feed on all the other god excess. 

sfPanzer, I like the scheme as you never see dark skinned daemonettes. It's hard to see in the pic because of the lighting but can you see the details or highlighting underneath the 'ard coat? Like DreamIsCollapsing said I think it would be cool for some latex/synth skin suit and I would love to try it on stuff like assassins.

Or Corsair Eldar...

sfPanzer, I like the scheme as you never see dark skinned daemonettes. It's hard to see in the pic because of the lighting but can you see the details or highlighting underneath the 'ard coat? Like 

Good question. I didn't do any highlighting so I can't tell you. As said it's just a quick test model and a rather sloppy job even. ^^

My actual Emperor's Children are done in good ol' fashioned black, pink and gold (albeit with unhealthy doses of chrome and accents of various bright colours), mainly because everyone and their dog was doing the overly tasteful purple and gold pre-heresy scheme. My Slaanehsi Daemons on the other hand are going to be full-on Rogue Trader "Every squad is a different colour" madness with a variety of outrageously loud schemes.

Speaking of my Emperor's Children, I've been working on a 2000 point army list, mainly admittedly to make a cool looking army rather than a competitive fighting force. I can't post it right at this second (it's on my laptop) but some highlights from the list include:
>18 Noise Marines with all the trimmings, alongside a rather large amount of cultists so I have an excuse to convert more Necromunda models
>A Plasma Helbrute/Dreadnought, a double-Heavy Bolter Contemptor and a double-Butcher Cannon Decimator
>A Hellforged Achilles (currently being converted from a regular Chaos LR into the mother of all "Noise Raiders" complete with colossal speaker cannon to represent the soulburner bombard)

As you've probably guessed by now I'm not at all interested in tourney play or competitive gaming, and mainly picked the units I did because I liked them. Even so, some idea of how such units perform would be appreciated. FWIW the army all fits in a single detachment (the Batallion IIRC, as it's the closest to the "standard" FOC of yore), I am told this isn't the best way to go about building an army though.

Finally, here's a WIP of the Noise Raider. It has come along further since then (notably with an old speaker diaphram from a birthday cake accessory of all things over the mouth of the cannon) but this gives you the basic idea.

http://i.cubeupload.com/yTeTDw.jpg