++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

It’s good to see colours other than GW’s grey (which I find so bland!).

I went for a very dark purple for my Daemonettes, with black and silver corsets, One of the squads are bald and wear jade masks while the others are unmasked and have bright hair (most single-tone, unlike the show-off below). The masked coterie states that they are the favoured of Slaanesh, only removing their masks in his presence, while the others state that they are the Dark Princes favourites and they took the hair of their rivals, tarnishing it and weaving it into the whips they wield.

med_gallery_63428_9407_942685.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_265652.jpg

And for my fiends I went with a light flesh tone.

med_gallery_63428_9407_252045.jpg

If When I do a Keeper of Secrets I’ll do the right side purple and the left the light flesh tone.

So a question all:

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought

What weapon loadout would you guys recommend? 'cause I see a lot of people saying Grav Flux Bombard (or whatever it is for Chaos) and Butcher Cannon Array, but I'd like to ask for more opinions.

So a question all: Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought What weapon loadout would you guys recommend? 'cause I see a lot of people saying Grav Flux Bombard (or whatever it is for Chaos) and Butcher Cannon Array, but I'd like to ask for more opinions.

I have Grav bombard and siege claw on mine. I like having both a ranged and melee option for all my dreads/brutes.

If I wanted all shooty then double butcher cannon would be hard to pass up.

So a question all: Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought What weapon loadout would you guys recommend? 'cause I see a lot of people saying Grav Flux Bombard (or whatever it is for Chaos) and Butcher Cannon Array, but I'd like to ask for more opinions.

I have Grav bombard and siege claw on mine. I like having both a ranged and melee option for all my dreads/brutes.

I see. What about the Soulburner Ribaudkin? Or have you never bothered with that?

And yeah, a shooty Leviathan with two Butcher Cannon Arrays would be frigging ace. But if I wanted a shooty Hellforged Dread, I'd go with the king of shooty dreads, the Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought :lol:

I see. What about the Soulburner Ribaudkin? Or have you never bothered with that?

And yeah, a shooty Leviathan with two Butcher Cannon Arrays would be frigging ace. But if I wanted a shooty Hellforged Dread, I'd go with the king of shooty dreads, the Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought :laugh.:

I tried the Soulburner in a few games and didn't like it. The Bombard/claw give me enough range punch and some awesome CC. It is hard for me not to suggest what is my usual load out. I've tried all the options at least a few times and still come away thinking the bombard/siege claw is the best bang for the buck.

I ran my double-butcher Leviathan today against an Ultramarine list with Guilliman, and it was beautiful

S8, 2D weapons en masse make primaris suffer. There is a definate bias towards multi-wound models in my meta, and 16 shots, hitting on 2s, re-rolling with a lord nearby, while wounding on 2s most of the time just mulches infantry. The volume of fire also means vehicles get hurt badly. 

While I normally believe in the mixed melee/gun loadout for dreadnoughts, if you take a step back, the Leviathan offers negligable improvement in assault over the normal chaos Contemptor, while being nearly twice the points cost. It's got 1 more T, 4 more wounds, and can re-roll to wound vs infantry, but they have the same invuln, WS/BS, # of attacks and so on, conversely it does have substantially more potent firepower with its various loadouts. 

Thus, I learned to stop worrying and love the dakka leviathan. 

I ran my double-butcher Leviathan today against an Ultramarine list with Guilliman, and it was beautiful

S8, 2D weapons en masse make primaris suffer. There is a definate bias towards multi-wound models in my meta, and 16 shots, hitting on 2s, re-rolling with a lord nearby, while wounding on 2s most of the time just mulches infantry. The volume of fire also means vehicles get hurt badly. 

While I normally believe in the mixed melee/gun loadout for dreadnoughts, if you take a step back, the Leviathan offers negligable improvement in assault over the normal chaos Contemptor, while being nearly twice the points cost. It's got 1 more T, 4 more wounds, and can re-roll to wound vs infantry, but they have the same invuln, WS/BS, # of attacks and so on, conversely it does have substantially more potent firepower with its various loadouts. 

Thus, I learned to stop worrying and love the dakka leviathan. 

That makes me happy. I'm going to be ordering enough contemptors to run a talon, and I was thinking two with a claw and butcher cannon and one with two butcher cannons. I'm trying to justify the greater havoc launchers, but I fear I wouldn't use them very often.

Dream, those Daemonettes look fantastic. What paint did you use for the skin. Ahriman Blue?

Thanks, that's Vallejo Turquoise as base with Light turquoise mixed with more and more Ivory as layer. I've post a better picture on the alternative colors topic in chaos daemon section. 

• 10 months later...

Considering how extensive the new stuff for Death Guard has been there's not much you could safely buy and expect to be still there if EC get their own Codex, so I'd actually still wait a bit longer and see where things are going.

If you really can't wait to start something you can maybe go with a small warband you like which you could ally in with your future EC later on. I for example was thinking about starting some Flawless Host to keep me busy, though now the new Slaanesh Daemon stuff has my attention once I'm done with painting my remaining Primaris I guess lol

Just to wonder but who's already finding uses from these?

<snip>

Well obviously they all are going to join my Daemon army. Well maybe not the Daemon Prince/Herald combo as he doesn't look like a Daemon Prince at all (I know they can look differently but on the board I want a Daemon Prince to actually look like a daemon) and the twins with the portal thingy depends on whether they get rules for 40k or not (which I assume they will).

Forte tagged me via a Like on my earlier post just now....

Hidden Content

I went for a very dark purple for my Daemonettes, with black and silver corsets, One of the squads are bald and wear jade masks while the others are unmasked and have bright hair (most single-tone, unlike the show-off below). The masked coterie states that they are the favoured of Slaanesh, only removing their masks in his presence, while the others state that they are the Dark Princes favourites and they took the hair of their rivals, tarnishing it and weaving it into the whips they wield.med_gallery_63428_9407_942685.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_265652.jpg

And for my fiends I went with a light flesh tone.med_gallery_63428_9407_252045.jpgIf When I do a Keeper of Secrets I’ll do the right side purple and the left the light flesh tone.

So I guess I’ll be doing my KoS with one side purple and the other a paler flesh tone :tu:

...stood atop a wrecked Wave Serpent, disembowelled Banshees strewn about (must read that old story from the Rogue Trader-era Eldar Armylist again)...

Forte tagged me via a Like on my earlier post just now....

Hidden Content

I went for a very dark purple for my Daemonettes, with black and silver corsets, One of the squads are bald and wear jade masks while the others are unmasked and have bright hair (most single-tone, unlike the show-off below). The masked coterie states that they are the favoured of Slaanesh, only removing their masks in his presence, while the others state that they are the Dark Princes favourites and they took the hair of their rivals, tarnishing it and weaving it into the whips they wield.med_gallery_63428_9407_942685.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_265652.jpg

And for my fiends I went with a light flesh tone.med_gallery_63428_9407_252045.jpgIf When I do a Keeper of Secrets I’ll do the right side purple and the left the light flesh tone.

So I guess I’ll be doing my KoS with one side purple and the other a paler flesh tone :tu:

...stood atop a wrecked Wave Serpent, disembowelled Banshees strewn about (must read that old story from the Rogue Trader-era Eldar Armylist again)...

Sounds like a plan there.

Aye, the new daemons are phenomenal and will make an excellent allied force.

In terms of what this heralds for a 40k release, there is of course the implication of Emperor's Children, but I'm wondering if we may see a warzone with Eldar and Slaanesh as the main combatants? The Eldar range needs some updates and it was heavily hinted that warzones are going to be the new vehicles for releases.

Edited by Pearson73