[HH1.0] Iron Warriors Tactics

AfroCampbell

He's a "that guy" of our group. He used relentless strategist to spam first turn reserve 3+ flyers, using siege termies as elites (or heavy when it suited him)etc. Well, I don't feel sorry for him but none the less I feel that Pert is quite expensive now for what he does.

You know... if it hurts people like him the hit we all took was worth it. ;)

Yes, it's one (and only) way to Look at it.

But with limited HH player base in my area you get what you get.

On the other hand I xpect one of his fire raptors to be on sale soon :D It's bad to profit on someone's else misery but such is life and legions ain't build themselves.

Edited by rendingon1+

On the other hand I xpect one of his fire raptors to be on sale soon :D It's bad to profit on someone's else misery but such is life and legions ain't build themselves.

It's a Dog eats Dog world. ;)

And besides: if someone doesn't see the benefit of an Gunship he doesn't deserve it anyway. Awesome flier. But 'that guys' are almost always bad players as well. That's why they have to cheat and use power lists in the first place.

I've got me a Termite.

What should I put inside of it?

On the other hand I xpect one of his fire raptors to be on sale soon :biggrin.: It's bad to profit on someone's else misery but such is life and legions ain't build themselves.

It's a Dog eats Dog world. :wink:

And besides: if someone doesn't see the benefit of an Gunship he doesn't deserve it anyway. Awesome flier. But 'that guys' are almost always bad players as well. That's why they have to cheat and use power lists in the first place.

I've got me a Termite.

Flamer support squad with extra combat weapons.

On the other hand I xpect one of his fire raptors to be on sale soon :biggrin.: It's bad to profit on someone's else misery but such is life and legions ain't build themselves.

It's a Dog eats Dog world. :wink:

I've got me a Termite.

Flamer support squad with extra combat weapons.

That could look dope, you're right.

Have to build them first but I pretty much like the idea... they aren't very expansive either.

• 1 month later...
Weird as it sounds I find that I don't use a ROW when I'm playing friendly games- I'm happy enough to take allies. If I'm playing competitive it will be Iron Fire or something that unlocks vets. For fun I'm working towards an army of dark compliance and an armored spearhead!

Weird as it sounds I find that I don't use a ROW when I'm playing friendly games- I'm happy enough to take allies. If I'm playing competitive it will be Iron Fire or something that unlocks vets. For fun I'm working towards an army of dark compliance and an armored spearhead!

That. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to make a little FW order now with the free shipping and all... (yes I should feel bad and I do feel bad) and I was wondering how do people arm their Havocs?

I'm debating between autocannons, missile launchers and lascannons. My main choices are lascannons and autocannons since those look so good but missiles are also a possibility. I'm starting with a squad of 5 but definitely will expand to 10 in the future.

Oddly enough Havocs with Lascannons only cost 25 points more then a HSS with those weapons and are WAY better. Although Autocannons are a neat option too I'd always go for the Lasdudes. The amount of damage they inflict on heavy tanks is just plain awesome.

• 1 month later...

Sons of Olympia, couple of questions for you:

1. In a vacuum.....how good are Siege Tyrant Terminators?

...are they worth the FW pricing, especially if they take up the same HS slots that Iron Havocs do?

2. I mean....Iron Havocs seem like one of the best units in the whole game...BS5 Tank Hunters Ignores Cover....what's not to love?

3. If one were to build a list(s) around Iron Havocs + Perturabo himself, can one really get enough mileage out of either Hammer of Olympia or Ironfire RoW's?

Outside of Quad Mortars, there's not much that would really have Barrage.

4. Speaking of...are Quad Mortars still all they are cracked up to be? Basing this question mostly off of hearsay and previous reputation. 

5. Iron Circle Dominar bots. Look DOPE....but running 4x as a bodyguard seems quite expensive (820+ pts and $320ish USD !!!!)...yet are they functional in units of 1-2 on their own?

6. Big blocks of Tactical Squads marching forward, not caring about casualties. Seems quite IV Legion to me....but can it survive in a typical 30k meta?

A lot of this is based on a particular set of models, so if it seems random, that's why.

Thanks

-Indy

I don’t feel Tyrants are worth it if budget is a factor. They fit in some lists, but they are expensive and you can do more with less points. You can always put some magnets on plastic cataphracts and get some aftermarket missile launchers. Havocs are great like you say. I run them in a bunker somewhat regularly. In a Ironfire list they make up a good rear guard defending your artillery. Quad Mortars are still really good and with Iron Fire they are deadly (the interceptor changes made Ironfire even better). Iron Circle are unchanged- cool as hell, but the rules suck and they cost too many points. Big blocks of tacticals depends on your meta. It’s not the most ‘competitive’ option, but you can get away with it. Other options are to take Golg and run terminators or accept the dark gods and run vets. I usually don’t run a RoW because taking 3 troops choices for Hammer of Olympia is usually worse than taking allies.

1. Yes, absolutely love them.

2. They are static which means in a terrain and line of sight blocker rich enviroment they can be close to useless. Both units have other playing fields though.

Havocs kill tanks. That's their whole point. Tyrants are more flexible and can go after more targets and can even kill stuff in cc. I strongly recommand a Siege breaker as company which makes them really good tank hunters as well.

3. Just like Bulbafist I think HoO is npt a very good ROW. Having to take another compulsory is in small games of 2k a big no no and in bigger games I would just take allies tp make the army more interesting or take a Stormsword and such thing soaking up points rapidly so that more than three heavy support slots are seldom needed.

The Ironfire on the other hand ia one of the most potent ROW in the whole game.

Most people tend to think that marching forward marines is the way to go.

Instead think of Termites, Dreadclaws, Assault Bikes and Land Speeders as 'spotter units' for your barrage and your army becomes a monster.

Basilisks, Medusas and Minotaur tanks are barrage as well by the way.

5. The Iron circle is the Anna Kournikova of the heresy. Looks great but rarely wins anything.

6. Depends on your meta really.

Tyrant Terms are awesome. Love 'em. Even using frag missiles on them is terrifying with all those templates and bolter shots. A great tip is running them with a Deredeo with Automantic Prevace to give them a 3++! Plus you give it plasma to cover the other Terminators gunning for them.

Havoc's too are amazing, especially in a bunker with Ammo dump.

I like HoO, it's fluffy and is a balanced benefit and restriction.

Quads are crazy good.

Iron Circle are tough as nails. So so tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Any units that are definite takes and definite not takes for IW?

Very broad question, but hoping to get the lay of the land.

I guess every unit can be useful in an Iron Warriors army. It's a matter how you play them and how you implement them to the army list as a whole.

But there are some obvious choices. Most IW players tend to take lots of barrage weapons and if you are one of them you should have at least some vox casters so that you always have a direct line of sight to your targets. If you go for The Ironfire then I strongly recommand on taking a Termite and a Dreadclaw so that you have at least four units possible popoing up in the enemy lines. For that matter Assault Bikes and Land Speeders are great too because of their fast movement. That way you should have lots of units 6" or less away from those enemy units you want to bombard.

Another cool unit is a Techmarine with Rad grenades accompanied by some Servo-Automata with RAD missle launchers. Don't see that often although it works very good.