Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tactica Chainaxe; World Eaters and What to Hit With Them

World Eaters Horus Heresy Tactics List Building XII Legion

• Please log in to reply
2160 replies to this topic

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts
  • Chapter Name: IVth Legion

Is the 2+ save of the centurion worth the majority toughness of 4?

What?
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Jorim

Jorim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters 121st Company

TRA put Angron, Surlak and a centurion with AA in a dreadclaw. I asumed in order to be able to put any ap3 hits on him and not on angron, but by doing so as oppossed to only put Angron and Surlak together the unit now has a toughness of 4 as oppossed to 6 if there were only Angron and Surlak.

Sorry if it was worded unclear.

• Gorgoff likes this

L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

The Red Angel

The Red Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts
  • Chapter Name: XII Legio: World Eaters
only 10 man squads because I ran out of points.

Jorum, that is interesting as it hadn't occurred to me :/ I'm hoping any ID hits or such I would pass back so Angron can make his saves on them. Running crimson path, the centurion has a 2+ 5++ and a 3+ FNP. So any ap3 shots will be taken on the centurion. Any str 8 or ap 2 i'll look out sir and send them back to angron, 3+ 4++ and 4+ FNP.

The main aim of the unit is just to cause havoc throughout the enemies back field.

I would have bigger than 10 man squads and I used to roll inductii, but I found I had no scoring so it messed me up game wise (was hella fun hitting with that many st6 hits though xD )

The Red Angel

Jorim

Jorim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

It's starting to get really dusty in here... ;)

So I'm currently looking at adding some sky hunter jetbikes to my WE army, as I really like the look and don't have a lot of fast attack units.

So the question will be how to equip them? Especially the heavy weapon and is the seargent upgrade useful or mostly a waste of points? If yes is there any viability for a caedre weapon?(I'm stil trying to find a place for at least one of them purely for the rule of cool) (The intended usage would be as a harassing unit against annoying enemy backfield units).

@TheRedAngel Did you get to try out your little murder-squad? If yes how did it go?

L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,860 posts

It's starting to get really dusty in here... msn-wink.gif

So I'm currently looking at adding some sky hunter jetbikes to my WE army, as I really like the look and don't have a lot of fast attack units.

So the question will be how to equip them? Especially the heavy weapon and is the seargent upgrade useful or mostly a waste of points? If yes is there any viability for a caedre weapon?(I'm stil trying to find a place for at least one of them purely for the rule of cool) (The intended usage would be as a harassing unit against annoying enemy backfield units).

@TheRedAngel Did you get to try out your little murder-squad? If yes how did it go?

Outriders can take power weapons and are a bit cheaper if you want a combat unit, otherwise you could consider a command squad, now they will be tasty with some upgrades for sure.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

Jorim

Jorim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

A command squad on bike or jetbike? (I am not fully sure to wjich you are refering)

L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,860 posts

Both are good!

If you don't specifically need the jetbikes though, bikes are a good alternative as they already have a 2+ save, so don't benefit from the jetbike as much.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

Jorim

Jorim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

I might get a bike-command squad and some normal jetbikes. Did I read it right that they can't get caedre-weapons?

L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts
  • Chapter Name: IVth Legion

I might get a bike-command squad and some normal jetbikes. Did I read it right that they can't get caedre-weapons?

The Sergeant can, but why would he? ;)
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Jorim

Jorim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
I meant the command squad. ;)

L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Caillum

Caillum

++ MERCATOR ANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,516 posts
  • Chapter Name: XXth Legion
No, they cannot take them - Characters only. But chainaxes are free and amazing!

Also, you may want to consider Charnabal sabres. They’re only 5ppm, and as Command Squad members can all accept challenges (Chosen Warriors special rule), they get +1 Initiative when using them!

Bike Command Squads are a really decent unit actually, but Attack Bike Squads are even better! With chainaxes they each have 5 S5, AP4 attacks on the charge, on a T5, W2 model with a 3+ save. Each model can fire their twin-linked boltgun and heavy weapon on the way in too. Excellent option for World Eaters.
  • Gorgoff likes this

The Battle of Paramar Nexus - Caillum's HH Plog

=][=

This is a sample of my Moderator voice.

I don't want to have to use it, so if you play nice and post constructively, I won't have to.

=][=

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters, Horus Heresy, Tactics, List Building, XII Legion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)