[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Sorry to double post guys; but I have a question.

Anybody use Assault Squads? I am still at the early building stage of my army and these guys look quite appealing due to mobility and likelihood of getting the charge off, especially when compared to Rhinos. Or is it all about Inductii in AV14 Assaulty Land Raiders!

So far my army consists of 20 Tacs on foot Bolt Pistol/Chainaxe, a Spartan and a Levi in a Drop Pod, a Deredeo and some Laser Destroyer Rapiers :tu:

Assault squads are viable as cheaper than a Spartan unit.

Less survivable but if you have multiple

threats some should make it in.

make sure to have at least 15 with an apoth, power weapons where possible

Never used them as had 2 Spartans and a kharybdis but if I was starting again, I'd have at least 1 unit, probably 2 and 1 kharybdis/Spartan unit As the 3rd troop choice

Kind of what I was thinking really, Fang :tu: as for the points they seem pretty good value. Then with putting Surlak with his crazy friends in the Spartan, a couple of Assault Squads buzzing up with it whilst the Levi drops in back lines as they all move across, the Assault Squads should be left alone I am hoping. It’s similar to my old Blood Angel tactics with Sanguinary Priests, only it will hit harder.

What power weapons do we think? I was gong to go with axes on the dudes and a fist in the Sgt, though maybe Lightning Claws on one of the Sgts if points allow for rule of cool.

Sorry to double post guys; but I have a question.

Anybody use Assault Squads? I am still at the early building stage of my army and these guys look quite appealing due to mobility and likelihood of getting the charge off, especially when compared to Rhinos. Or is it all about Inductii in AV14 Assaulty Land Raiders!

So far my army consists of 20 Tacs on foot Bolt Pistol/Chainaxe, a Spartan and a Levi in a Drop Pod, a Deredeo and some Laser Destroyer Rapiers :tu:

I'm painting up some MK II's but I'm slow lol, so it might take a while to let you know how they go. I've proxies them, and Fangbanger is right, they need to be in large squads or they die quick

Assault squads are viable as cheaper than a Spartan unit.

Less survivable but if you have multiple

threats some should make it in.

make sure to have at least 15 with an apoth, power weapons where possible

Never used them as had 2 Spartans and a kharybdis but if I was starting again, I'd have at least 1 unit, probably 2 and 1 kharybdis/Spartan unit As the 3rd troop choice

Pretty much what I'm angling towards :-)

Kind of what I was thinking really, Fang :tu: as for the points they seem pretty good value. Then with putting Surlak with his crazy friends in the Spartan, a couple of Assault Squads buzzing up with it whilst the Levi drops in back lines as they all move across, the Assault Squads should be left alone I am hoping. It’s similar to my old Blood Angel tactics with Sanguinary Priests, only it will hit harder.

What power weapons do we think? I was gong to go with axes on the dudes and a fist in the Sgt, though maybe Lightning Claws on one of the Sgts if points allow for rule of cool.

I like power axes cause, axes! Plus AP2 helps ;-) also, I intend my sarge to have twin lightning claws cause just rule of cool :-)

As a person who used to run hidden power axes in 40k Death Co, they rock! I think I am going to magnetise the jump packs - something again I did with my Flesh Eaters - best of both worlds then :tu: Going to go for a core of -

(1) Jump Praetor

(1) Surlak

(2) Jump Apothecaries

(1) 20 Inductii in Spartan

(2) 15 Assault Marines

@ 1660pts fully loaded with options

Sound good?

Edited by Midnight Runner

My thoughts exactly, not sure on how I will deliver them yet, either a Phobos or a Claw. I am thinking of maybe going for some speeders for anti-tank duties, and I have some Laser Destroyer Rapiers, but I will concentrate on building and painting those 50+ psychos with their fnp first. And their taxi.

Cheers Fang :tu:

Edited by Midnight Runner

Yup... claw is nice, land raider gets you extra lascannons

solid choices

keep us posted!!

Added bonus is that both look metal as :cuss ! I will start a log for the army hopefully this week, providing the weather improves enough to undercoat :D

Due to my love of writing list and theorising strats, I figured I'd put together a list based on how I would start again with assault marines:

----------------------------------
3k - Bezerker assault 

Preator - AA, IH, PB, DL, MB - Bike
- Command Squad - 3x power axe, 1x fist, MB's - Bikes

Apoth Detachment: 2x jump pack, 1x Bike

Termies: 1x p.fist, 2x c.fist, 2x P.axe - Anvilus

Termies: 1x p.fist, 2x c.fist, 2x P.axe - Anvilus

15x Assault Squad - 3x p.weapon, Srg: AA, P.fist, Shield

15x Assault Squad - 3x p.weapon, Srg: AA, P.fist, Shield

10x Tac marine - p.fist

Anvilus

3x Javs - missiles, MM

Lightning - 2x Kraken, BSC, GTA

Sicaran Arcus - Skyspear warheads

Sicaran Arcus - Skyspear warheads

-----------------------------------------

So not an av14 in sight (The army I did have had 2x spartan and 1xlr so total change up).

All fast moving and I think bikes for world eaters are highly underrated - A :cuss tonne of attacks on the charge with T5 and, being a comand squad have a 2+ as well as jink (as won't be shooting anyway)

No butchers is a shame , but not being able to take a dedicated pod is a bummer so normal termies will do (also helps with scoring) 

Arcus, new kid on the block.... not totally sold on them and seems a bit spammy taking 2 but I feel 1 would not be enough. Really though, 440pts to spend on any heavy that takes fancy (be it a spartan and another tac squad, vindis, fire raptor...etc... something with at least some str8 or ap2 I feel is what's lacking)

Lightning - Anti l.o.w and spartan along with the Mb'S on the bikes as a backup

I just think paragon blade is too good still as it means less likely you will be taking wounds on the rest of the crew by chopping things down before I1

I think I defo would  mix between the 2 though just to see something different and it's a good catch on the T making the difference

Anywhee to squeeze in a Radnade Forge Lord on bike? I'd drop the 3rd Jav personally.

One of my favourite looking melee lists, nice to see you've not forgotten the objective capping pod.

I can't help but feel it's going to get badly nerfed from its current iteration however. A good 30pts extra, and Dropping to Heavy 3. It's ridiculous against any army not bringing AV14 or a Kharydbis.

Yeah forge Lord is possible, though is it really worth it just for the rad nades?? Be cheaper to switch all the power axes to fists and still be wounding on 2's..

I haven't played against one yet but on paper, yeah... if your Infantry you've had it.

Having said that, that's pretty much the case already with a lot of things (quad mortar, Scorpios, typhon, medusa, fire raptor etc...)

Most for cheaper points

• 3 weeks later...

Holla axe community,

I was wondering how good destroyer WE perform?

I know they are expensive but rad nades and chainaxe sounds nice to me for the 2+ to wound as some rad launcher action to prepare a nasty combos with those 20 tac guys

Edited by Argel Tal

I once did the math and them plus a full squad of inductii with apothecary would murder a Primarch plus up to 10 terminators (both 1 and 2 wound ones). If destroyers weren't so expensive it might be very funny for the one time it might work.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm reading a lot of trickery and lists which include less than 50 dudes.

This is my list I took to some narrative event and needed up with all victories by just overwhelming everyone with bodies. True world eater style.

Delegatus - meltabomb

Command squad - 4 dudes with chain axes

3x16 tacticals with vexilia and meltabomb sgt

2x16 assault marines with melta bombs

3 apothecaries

8 cortus with chain fist and 2 grav bomb.

Ran berserk assault.

I honestly believe going full fluff is best for world eaters rather than faffing around with "tactics".

Never go full waac boyz.