The Fall Of Seraph - Histories of the IXth

JackDaw

So one of the Scimitars won't have the fins at the front? Or are you replacing it with something else, say, perhaps, fins made with the wings off a Sanguinary Guard jump-pack? (hint hint)

Also, will Seraph be getting some reinforcements based off the new BA tact squad or Sanguinary Priest? Even I want that Priest, although with some...modifications...

Also, will Seraph be getting some reinforcements based off the new BA tact squad or Sanguinary Priest? Even I want that Priest, although with some...modifications...

Hmm, that's an interesting point, if nothing else I'll probably be gettin that Sanguinary Priest for that glorious beast of a Chainsword. :drool:

Your updates never fail to entertain my mind. happy.png

the only thing i could conceive as wonky is the fact that you have a blunt axe, but that's just my OCD for sharp weapons kicking in......

love the helmet on him, need to find a way to get some.... they are those jumping phosphex lads, are they not? or despoiler maybe? can't remember dry.png

anywho, your flying wangs look very nice, solid work.laugh.png

EDIT:: also, i just now noticed the borders on the pics.............. how long have i been oblivious to those? wacko.png

Afternoon chaps and chappesses

Good news - the last 5 Assault Astartes are assembled and just await a smidge of greenstuff before being undercoated. They flew together quite quickly to be fair. Still a bit more to do though, 7 more Breachers, 5 more Vets, 3 more Scimitars and maybe something else.

Replies!

Brother Dallo - 4 out of this 5 are dynamic, so with the one running chap from the painted lot, thats 5 dynamic and 5 steady. Nice mix I think. One of the bikers does indeed have a Templar helm, its one of the Red Scorpion ones with 90% of the Scorpion stuff shaved off. And thanks very much :)

SalvationOfReason - hah, yeah his fins kinda fell off and I kinda didnt notice until after the pic. Ah well. He's the sergeant so has some special fins - not the wings, I did try those but they looked a bit large and too Angely for my more subtle taste. And no, no extra bits from the BA release for me - I've got all the Tactical bits I need, and all the Angel bits, plus that San Priest is just terrible.

SanguiniusReborn - gonna have to disagree there brother, the Priest is awful and that chainsword is...well, its the best of a bad model. Sorry.

Argent Aquila - glad you're enjoying them :) Leave his blunt axe alone, he's been hitting Eaters. Plus, that piece is years old ;) I am using the Destroyers yeah, great little models and the reinforced MkIV is lovely. And thanks for noticing my solid wangs......

Marshal2Crusaders - just be glad I didn't put the plasma cannon on. Wang overload.

Hyaenidae - there will be moar, oh yes.

Right, just gotta sort out the little blurb for the Assault chaps and they will be up in a day or two. Good times. Also gotta start on my BL submission, even if it is predictable Deathwatch.

Cheers all

Jack

A black library submission? Intriguing. Will you be sharing it with us, or will it be for their eyes only? Best of luck to you sir. Be sure to remember us little people when you're a famous best selling author. tongue.png

I look forwards to seeing the next batch of marines. How much longer do you plan to say with the IXth? Once you've finished the Breachers, Vets, Scimitars and the ever mysterious "something else", will you keep adding models till you have a certain points limit, or will you drop them in favour of a new project?

Dallo

The Leading Blade

"Leopard-5 were ever in our van, always the first into the fray. Decorated with honour markings, with kill-tallies, they wore reinforced armour that presented a terrifying mien to the enemy. They were the fury of Seraph made manifest, our sharpest blade. Each of them were heroes that we will never see again."

From Blood on the Steel: the lives of Seraph

Bastian Ortega, once named Icarium, of the IXth Legion Astartes

*Image Codicium accessed: Visual cortex stimulation commencing

*Display: Combat squad Alpha, Leopard-5 Assault of Seraph Company, IXth Legion Asartes

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141210_110503_zpsf5071575.jpg

Legionary Eloh, KIA day 9 of the Fall

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141210_110415_zps23e81828.jpg

Legionary Kalen, KIA day 9 of the Fall

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141210_110354_zpsbc978b64.jpg

Legionary Macin, KIA day 13 of the Fall

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141210_110448_zps69222122.jpg

Legionary Matias, KIA day 14 of the Fall

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141210_110431_zps9cc598dd.jpg

Legionary Julo, KIA day 13 of the Fall

*Image Codicium access released: Visual cortex stimulation ended

Brother Dallo - I'll probably have to keep it under wraps until after the window and selection is done, but once that's out of the way I'll pop it up here somewhere :) Hopefully it'll go well - it'd be nice to be published again. The original plan was to do a 1500pt army, but I've kinda sacked that idea and are just doing the units I want.

The project as a whole will be done once the last bits I listed have been done - I'm not a huge 30k gaming fan, endless clang-offs of Astartes on Astartes gets real dull after a while, and GW has pretty much knocked large scale gaming on the head for me overall. Instead, I'll be doing some smaller skirmish style stuff, mainly Necromunda, Kill-Team and =][=28. 

My next immediate projects after Seraph are a Cognitae and Mercenary Rogue Trader crew for =][=28, then a Cawdor Necromunda gang using the DV cultists. After that, I want to do a Kill-Team of Heresy era Night Lords based off the characters I introduced in Flint's lovely Shadow of Korriana Forge thread.

That's the plan at least. 

... It upsets me how perfectly that destroyer helm works with a giant axe and jump pack.

Also 13 is my lucky number, so I double approve of Julo.

The rest are dynamic and lovely, but he's my favorite :D

Fair enough. I've dabbled in Necromunda, and what I've experienced was good fun. Are you active over at Yakromunda? I'm not sure, is talk about Necromunda allowed here at BnC? I'd assume so, due to be multitude of topics about cultists and Guard,must don't recall seeing any topics for it.

Nice job with be assault marines. Kalen is my favourite, though that may be due to the similarities in posing to one of my own marines.

I wish you the best of luck in your submission, and hope you get it,

As we say back home; Keep 'er lit!

Dallo

This is such a stylish endeavour JackDaw. You have a strong and consistent theme that helps drive the power to us of the inevitable grinding of the Company to dust. Work in Regress as much as Work in Progress!

I now hope to create something along the same lines in the distant future!

Evening everyone :)

Small progress is being made on the Assault Marines, the base coat of the red is almost almost done. I've had a busy few days with various xmas stuff for the wee man, as well as interviewing for a new job, which I got. Yay me. Also working on my BL submission, which is going slowly. So slowly. But I will get there dammit.

Aside from the Assault chaps, I've been sorting out a new head for my Consul - he needs some GS hair, but it's looking pretty sweet. I'll sort a pic out once the hair is in place.

Commissar Molotov - Yeah Matias does look a bit off in that pic, think its the angle though as he looks better IRL. The =][=28 stuff has already kinda started, there were a few bits in the Three Hives Rebellion thread and I did start a proper thread for them on Warseer - I really should get The Currency Of Lies up to date and over here. And a project you say? I am all ears.

Flint13 - I am loving two handed axes on Astartes at the moment. The Destroyer helms are my new favourite mk4 helm as well. Get some.

BrotherDallo - I was on Yakromunda briefly, but only to record a gang roster for a campaign we in the Warbastards did. Thanks for the support on the sub, fingers crossed here too :)

Tian Jun - Thanks very much fella, very kind of you to say so. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with yourself.

DexC - Ah thanks man, much appreciated. I think Three Hives was where I really found my feet in terms of how I do a log and project - Seraph benefits from all that experience. Honestly, the idea and theme for Seraph came from not wanting to do anything 30k related - when I finally caved, this was very much a 'well, if I'm going to have to do 30k, I'm going to kill all my own Astartes. So there.' Once I get that basic hook, everything else just kinda falls into place.

That's it for tonight all, more to come as soon as I get a spare moment to breath :)

Jack

Dude, I just read through your entire page and let me say this:

It is freakin awesome!

The models, the literature, the background you've come up with. It's incredible. I look forward to seeing more of your work as it develops and continues. I'd love to see the army on the battlefield in the near future as well.

... he needs some GS hair, but it's looking pretty sweet. I'll sort a pic out once the hair is in place.

Pffft... leave it to a Son of Sanguinius to keep everyone waiting while he gets his hair did.

*sigh* I know it's going to be worth the wait to see them all done... but I don't wanna wait. 

Evening everyone :)

Just time for a few quick replies before I leave you all with a small festive treat.

TerraZero20 - very kind of you to say fella, thanks :) There's still a bit to go with the Angels of Seraph, but it wont be a huge army. As for action on the battlefield, there may be something in the future.

Hushrong - thanks man, glad you like them. The red did come out nicely, been a whlie since I painted something that vibrant on that scale. Suprisingly quick to do as well.

Flint13 - hey, we've gotta look good while smiting traitors right? Besides, the Third are the pretty-boys, we in the Ninth are just hauntingly good-looking. And good things come to those who wait.

Righty, better post up something a bit more special then, eh?

The Weeping Angel

"We thought we knew Vale, that we understood him. He was our champion, the Exalted of Seraph, our answer to the architects of mankinds enemies. A sharp blade, but a simple one, we thought. Great Terra, how wrong we were. When the Eaters took our Praetor, when they took our Second, at the point we staggered for lack of leadership and aim.....Khitas was there. He was...unexpected. Unexpected, but needed."

From Blood on the Steel: the lives of Seraph

Bastian Ortega, once named Icarium, of the IXth Legion Astartes.

*Image Codicium accessed: Visual cortex stimulation commencing

*Display: Third Consul of Seraph Company, IXth Legion Astartes

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/Jackdaw1982/The%20Fall%20of%20Seraph/20141222_203247_zpsf78b459b.jpg

Khitas Vale, named Raziel, Exalted of the Blooded. KIA day 20 of the Fall

*Image Codicium access released: Visual cortex stimulation ended

Nice! I'm guessing Seth's backpack, bits from Sang Guard, though I'm not sure on the resin bits. Where are they from please?

Always happy to see is thread updated.

Dallo

The resin bits like the body appear to originate from the emperors children palatine blades.

JackDaw, excellent stuff! cant wait for more.

Archived