How to Model your Taghmata

korban

I love this army, I can't wait till they release an official 40k Codex. In the mean time I thought I would start a guide as to what's available as official models, and how to do those that aren't.

HQ

• Magos Prime (Archmagos Draykavac) - Official model, comes with an alternate head that can be used to represent a Magos Prime and an Abeyant. The model includes weapon options for the Abeyant: graviton gun, conversion beamer, rotor cannon and meltagun.
  • Magos Dominus - Official model with rad cleanser, could be considered to be on an Abeyant (scarab-like framework)
  • Magos Caleb Decima- No official model, infantry sized
  • Archmagos Inar Satarael - No official model, monstrous creature!

Elites

Troops

• Mechanicum Thallax Cohort - Official Models
  • Adsecularis Covenant - Official Models, but very expensive perr five if you want units of 20, maybe convert cultist from Dark Vengeance if your cheap.
  • Castellax Class Battle-automata - Official Models

Dedicated Transport

• Triaros Armoured Conveyer - Seen at European open day

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/HomeRotatingBanners/triaros-bnr-eu.jpg

Fast Attack

• Ursarax Cohort - Close combat version of Thallax, jump packs instead of jet packs.

MindofMetal did a great interpretation of this:gallery_80005_9686_379556.jpg

• Vorax Class Battle-Automata - WIP seen at European open day (as Battybattybats posted below)

blogger-image--1555791374.jpg

Heavy Support

Updated with info from European open day.

What about using an Enginseer as the Techpriest Auxilia? I'm currently using a metal Enginseer and metal Servitors for my Techpriest Auxilia unit.

Also as the Castellax was an amazing re-imagining of the old 1st ed Catellan robot miniature i think we'll still see a lot of the good aspects of the old robot the Vorax seems based on, (bottom left) so should be very mantis-like.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/zSAyo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed on the side of the Vorax page it says "created from the ancient and revered Crusader template pattern". Just as Battybattybats said.

Instead of power swords it has power blades, which have been established on the Castellax as internally geared circular saws. I'm not sure how they'll combine that with one rotor cannon on each arm. Instead of a las-cannon over the shoulder it will be a lightning gun, but I assume it will be slightly larger than the Thallax model.

Just noticed on the side of the Vorax page it says "created from the ancient and revered Crusader template pattern". Just as Battybattybats said.

Instead of power swords it has power blades, which have been established on the Castellax as internally geared circular saws. I'm not sure how they'll combine that with one rotor cannon on each arm. Instead of a las-cannon over the shoulder it will be a lightning gun, but I assume it will be slightly larger than the Thallax model.

This page from the Great Crusade shows the original artwork alongside some updated designs by Jes Goodwin, which might give a slightly better idea of how the minis might turn out

This page from the Great Crusade shows the original artwork alongside some updated designs by Jes Goodwin, which might give a slightly better idea of how the minis might turn out

Well the Castellax isn't very close to Jes's updated Castellan, but the updated Crusader design is really cool, just curve the carapace armour a little and run with that for the Vorax and I'll buy some for sure!

Howdy all, is there any word on when Forgeworld is planning to release that sexy looking Triaros transport? or even the Abeyant? I know Mr. Vulkan is on pre-order... so does that mean not for a while yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived