Space Wolves 3rd Party Resources

Urauloth

++ Update as of October 8th: this started out as a question thread, but it wound up turning into the compilation I started out looking for in the first place. If you know of any useful bitz I don't have here yet, post 'em and I'll add them to the OP. ++

I know of a few third party / aftermarket retailers of "not-space-wolf" bitz, but I'm sure there are more somewhere that I've missed.

I've seen Maxmini's fur loincloths, cloaks and shoulder straps - which look useful, but some of them would need to be de-skulled, as they have too much of a khorne vibe (in fact I first came across them looking for accessories for my black legion warband)

I'm also familiar with Kromlech's sons of thor line - backpacks, cloaks and shoulderpads as far as I'm aware.

Puppetswar do a couple of things, mostly for wulfen, and if I recall correctly Scibor have a number of things available.

Is there anything else out there? I'm bound to have missed something. There are more small aftermarket sellers than I can keep track of these days, especially with shapeways and the like.

Update: http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=77_71&product_id=81'>pelts and cloaks from Anvil Industries (cheers to Akragth)

Update: decided to add Secret Weapon's 2mm brass etch runes, I'm finding these extremely useful.

Update: The Reliquary has a number of items in the Valkyria line, like these axes.

Edited by Urauloth

I have a set of each of these and they are very good, albeit maybe a little brittle. The cloaks fit pretty much perfectly on a regular marine back, takes a little more work with forgeworld MK IV torsos however, due to the cables on the body that follow around to the back. The lioncloths are a good fit, but need a little greenstuffing on the top corners to make them blend in properly!

• 2 weeks later...

Those are interesting, I'll add them to the OP. Any pics of them on space wolf minis anywhere?

If anyone else has any suggestions I'll stick them in the first post as links too. I started out looking for a compilation - I'll make one. Might be useful in the future.

Edited by A Kvlt Ghost

Those are interesting, I'll add them to the OP. Any pics of them on space wolf minis anywhere?

If anyone else has any suggestions I'll stick them in the first post as links too. I started out looking for a compilation - I'll make one. Might be useful in the future.

If you're referring to the anvil industry bits heres a pic of the cloak on my RP, sorry the backpack is in the way!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/JamBurgin/DSCI0011_zpsc89f6492.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You know, thinking about it, it really strikes me as weird how there are absolutely no third-party wolfskull helmets out there. GW hasn't made a wolf priest in years, and tons of people kitbash them, so you'd think this would be a great corner of the market for one of the companies out there to jump on. I've certainly never seen one, though. Maybe nobody likes sculpting them.

• 10 months later...

I think it would be great for everyone, especially newer members if we constructed a list of 3rd party companies that provide suitable models that fit well with space wolves for us in conversions and the like.

Heres some to start us off:

Saga- this viking skirmish game provides great looking realistic viking shields.

Kromlech- space wolf back packs and shoulder pads, as well as alternative armour patterns and special weapons.

Hi-tech miniatures- great TDA armoured Heroes in their space vikings section. their Odin model looks like Russ him self.

maxmini- great heads (feral and wulfen style) alternative jump packs, thunder hammers galore, and steampunk style chain weapons

also have fur cloaks and loin cloths as well as pre heresy TDA shoulder pads, also if you hate standard bikes the sell quads and jet bikes 

Chapterhouse- magnetised combi-weapons, celtic shields, detailed thunder hammer, sniper rifles, extra armour, pre-heresy drop pod doors,

another marine jet bike can be found here as can more pre-heresy style shoulder pads and a kit to make the land raider look pre-heresy.

Scibor-minis- celtic space warriors, make nice wolf guard.

Bitspudlo- alternative rhinos and predators (wheeled, tracked or hover styles) turrets for razor backs, weapons for infantry and cyberwolves that

dwarf the gw thuderwolves (think they are on steroids).

puppets of war- more jet bikes and bikes, las-plas turret and other razorback turrets, alternative vindicator model. heads for wulfen, wolf shaped

helmets, alternate TDA suits, cow weapons galore, wulfen arms, buzz lightyear looking jump packs

Armorcast- make great weapon effects, such as slams from barrels and plasma balls in flight.

Micro Arts Factory-Moulds factory- make blue bolds that you spread teen stuff in to make s much fur pelts as you like.

if you can think of or find anymore please post here for all to share.

Edited by Haakon_Stormbrow

Anvil Industries has partly furry capes and loincloths for power armour.

The capes fit under backpacks.

The loincloths need a bit of trim to fit right. I use TWC torsos for PA Wolf Guard. The torsos don't fit snug on walking legs, these loincloths covered that up without trimming

Hordes-Circle of Oroboros-Warp Wolf(?) for Bran Redmaw

I actually started a bran project where i was using a warp born skinwalker to make bran in his 'human' form, albeit wearing a big wolflike helmet...

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/circle-orboros/privateer-exclusives/warpborn-skinwalkers

++Two similar threads have now been merged, and I've added a link to this in the pinned Resources thread.++

Please continue to add to this as new 3rd party resources and bits are discovered.

V

• 1 month later...