Call for War, Callius' VII Legion, 5/11 Spartan finished!

• 1 month later...

Long time, no post...

Thanks for the praise brothers, I'm glad you like the blood effects, I am always afraid that it will be to much but I feel it's appropriate given the roles these guys have and the battlefield they're on.

I have finally completed my 10 man Terminator squad, and it only took two months to do the last five guys :sweat:

I ran into a problem early on with the lightning claws which snapped on one of the arms, and I intended to use the four I had.

Luckily Dosjetka stepped up and offered to send me a replacement pair. After much waiting and a set lost to the mailman, they finally showed up and I could get the last Terminator finished.

Thanks a lot for the help and keeping a brother going strong with his IFE vow Dosjtka :thanks:

There is really not a lot else to say here, as usual I am very busy on the job so my hobby time is severely limited.

My next project is another Contemptor to join Mannfreid's talon.

Here is the finished Cataphractii squad:

gallery_58716_9901_14925.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_98299.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_212308.jpg

P.S. If I ever have to edge highlight another leather, arm protector thingy it will be too soon...

Thanks brother!

I loved playing around with this kit, so many great loadouts to choose from, very hard to decide.

Somehow though, I feel the pictures are quite dark even after some light editing and a bright background and a lot of the details are blurred out.

When I get my painting station out again I will try to get some better/ more clear photos. At least to satisfy my own OCD on the subject...

I'm glad to have been able to help. For future reference, one must sacrifice at least one package to the Postal Gods before being able to send another package safely to Denmark. You have been warned, folks! :laugh.:

Used to work in the Danish Postal Service, there's quite a number of hobbyists there, they can positively smell bitz in transit ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to have been able to help. For future reference, one must sacrifice at least one package to the Postal Gods before being able to send another package safely to Denmark. You have been warned, folks! :laugh.:

Used to work in the Danish Postal Service, there's quite a number of hobbyists there, they can positively smell bitz in transit :wink:

Well now we know that a postman has some new lightning claws for his termies :laugh.:

On a side note, I have gotten the old trusty paint station out and got some new shots of the Cataphractii so the details are a bit clearer.

Even though I love group/ army shots I always find that the detail and time I put into each mini gets lost at a distance :sad.: So here are some close ups to do the details justice:

gallery_58716_9901_289915.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_147184.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_205327.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_188037.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_172482.jpg

Great balance between the yellow and black.

BTW, there's a big HH-game coming up in the Warhammer-store in Copenhagen, 7th. January...

Thanks man :thumbsup:

I just read about the game and it sounds really cool but the last time I played was back in '95 so I really have no clue what's going on in a game anymore :blush.:

So on that note I think I'll pass, what about you, are you going?

• 2 weeks later...

You sir, know how this whole weathering thing works. You know that yellow has been done right when it reminds you of construction equipment.

Thanks man, I was really tired of the bright yellow GW uses so I toned mine down abit and got them beaten up. Glad to hear you like them :thumbsup:

I am now onto my Contemptor after some much needed christmas relaxation, hope you guys had a good holiday.

So far I have only gotten the pose roughly right and got the first layer of purity seal and primer down.

On the model itself I have mixed in some parts from the Fists contemptor to spice up the otherwise bland design abit.

I also did a slight conversion on the chainfist since i really don't like the look of the normal one.

It's supposed to be badass as f***, but the standard one just seems like someone winged it and changed a finger to a chainsaw.

So I had a rummage throught the bit box and replaced the other fingers with chain-bayonets or what they're called and then turned the chainsaw 90 degrees so it's facing inwards instead of sideways.

In my mind this is a much better result and looks more mean and dangerous.

gallery_58716_9901_197064.jpg

With the pose I'm going for he will hopefully look abit more dynamic than Mannfreid with some ''fistin'' going on :wink:

gallery_58716_9901_95803.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_72755.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

The Contemptor is now 90% done and all that's left is the base and weathering (some of the most crucial steps mind you...)

Not a lot to say as it's not the most exciting update ever. A fun note is that the head is the only bit that's all done since it will be hard to reach once it's in there, so it's kind of a preview of the finished mini.

I plan to get him done in this or the next weekend, since the weekdays are filled with work stuff :sad.:

So here is Honourable brother ''whatshisface'' as he stands now:

gallery_58716_9901_279172.jpg

And his exciting cork and sand base:

gallery_58716_9901_58653.jpg

I for one think it's looking great!

Base is fab too. The head is totally done, yes?

Thanks brother!

The head is all done, I might touch up on it if I find anything or if you spotted something, but I would say that it's finished.

Oh, just meant it looked finished and well done at that. Can't wait to see all of him scratched and scuffed up!

Well you don't have to wait a whole lot more as I am planning on getting him on here tomorrow.

Excellent work on the Contemptor and the lascannon-armed Devastators.

Thanks mate!

Glad you like my labour of love.

I have gotten the base all done and the Contemptor will be done this evening.

He will be up here tomorrow as I usually like to wait a good 12 hours or more from when I finish a model untill it gets put on a base since I want to make sure all the paint and different effects are all dried and hardened.

The Contemptor will have wait until he gets his base, but I can show you the base in all it's glory :wink.:

Before:

gallery_58716_9901_58653.jpg

And after:

gallery_58716_9901_122544.jpg

Looking great, not overdone, but sure to set off the Contemptor nicely!

Thanks, I always try to keep it simple as to not take focus away from the model.

The Contemptor is now all done and mounted on his base, which has gotten a little blood splatter to go with the messy nature of a chainfist.

As with my Leviathan I have taken a before and after photo to better show how weathering and the different effects helps bring a model to life.

I am always amazed at how big the difference is. From a dull yellow slab to a more ''realistic'' battle worn warmachine.

With the Contemptor now done I have to decide what my next projet will be and I am quite indecisive on these matters...

Right now my shelf is holding a Spartan, another Contemptor, 3 Jetbikes and 5 Despoilers which will be a veteran tac squad to go with my Centurion.

Anyways, on to the newly finished Contemptor; Honourable brother Wulfric:

gallery_58716_9901_108500.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_103709.jpg

And a closer look at the blood effect.

I really love the Blood for the blood god paint as it makes it so easy to get realistic blood effects...

gallery_58716_9901_181487.jpg

Here is a before photo:

gallery_58716_9901_279172.jpg

And after weathering, drybrushing and blood:

gallery_58716_9901_90725.jpg

The Contemptor is well painted, but by flanking the chainfist blade with two smaller blades, it looks like the Venerable Battle-brother is giving the middle finger to everyone he encounters. Did Forge World actually design the weapon? Or is it handmade?

The Contemptor is well painted, but by flanking the chainfist blade with two smaller blades, it looks like the Venerable Battle-brother is giving the middle finger to everyone he encounters. Did Forge World actually design the weapon? Or is it handmade?

Haha, I can see what you mean :laugh.:

FW did design the weapon but I altered it a bit.

The way it's meant to be put together is just so boring and looked like someone slapped a chainsword on a Contemptor fist so I changed the other fingers to chain-bayonets and turned the blade 90 degrees, so it's facing inwards.

But maybe FW just wanted an angry dread to flip off the opponents...

(pic is from FW website)

gallery_58716_5536_1154.jpg

Edited by Brother Callius