The Dread Reapers

Strazhakov

You are right of course smile.png

Thank you I will update it. Stil a bit rough around the edges and very much still a WIP. Will add more and clean up in the coming days. A related WIP model thread will be opened soon/ish.

Very much open to criticism from my fellow fluff librarians concerning fluff mistakes, canon violations etc.

Canonically the 7th Company of the Hawk Talons was mysteriously lost investigating xenos so I thought that would be a good fit. Especially with me liking Gunships a whole lot. I get that the webway chase is kinda unlikely but I try to keep the reasons semi-enigmatic. Gods work in strange ways.

It's my first DIY anything in my long 40k career so excuse some beginners mistakes if you will. I only ever played Word Bearers/Daemons (Daemonbomb anyone?)

The Chaos Lord Viktor Strazhakov is my Black Crusade RPG character and he really did most of those things. Well I embellished a little but he's kinda badass. I should get the Tome of Nurgle. I hear there are rules for Ascension and playing a Daemon Prince. Too bad our GM a thousand km away..

Anyway thanks for reading.

I like how you've taken the canon bits and worked out from there, it's a brave option as you never know if/when a GW writer is going to expand the fluff and invalidate your hard work!

My only negative thought is that their fall comes across as very convoluted, maybe it would be worth simplifying? You could keep the xenos being DE experiments, HL attack, DE try to escape through webway, HL attack the portal and its destruction creates a warp rift that they are sucked into. Then they're lost in warp and are eventually caught by Slaanesh who offers them freedom and revenge on their common enemy, the hated Eldar.

One other thought, might be nice to include how the NL feels about being in 2nd place to a whippersnapper renegade, could be some friction there?

Just an idea, anyway, hope it's of some use.

I like how you've taken the canon bits and worked out from there, it's a brave option as you never know if/when a GW writer is going to expand the fluff and invalidate your hard work!

Thank you. Though I do not worry about GW changing it too much. The Hawk Lords aren't very popular as far as I know and even if they retconned some stuff I could always make up my own Chapter. 

My only negative thought is that their fall comes across as very convoluted, maybe it would be worth simplifying? You could keep the xenos being DE experiments, HL attack, DE try to escape through webway, HL attack the portal and its destruction creates a warp rift that they are sucked into. Then they're lost in warp and are eventually caught by Slaanesh who offers them freedom and revenge on their common enemy, the hated Eldar.

I like this.

Seems more straightforward than my approach. I wanted to explain their corruption in more detail anyway and your explanation sounds good. Will rewrite some background stuff in the coming days and include your ideas. 

One other thought, might be nice to include how the NL feels about being in 2nd place to a whippersnapper renegade, could be some friction there?

Yes of course there's a lot of friction and infighting. It's a chaos warband after all :D It's mostly the worship of Slaanesh and their shared hatred of the Eldar that keeps them away from each others throats. But yes this section of the fluff definitely needs to be expanded as well. 

Thanks again for the advice. Very helpful.

Archived