Tormentor

Nehekhare

Reconstructing Perturabo's Pimp Mobile, I am a bit puzzled by the rules for it in HH3 p.257:

The Tormentor is a Legion Shadowsword (see Warhammer 40.000: Apocalypse), which also has a Transport capacity of 15 models and one access point to the rear. The Tormentor has the Command Tank upgrade and a single Titan void shield. Tormentor costs [x] points and does not take up a lord of War choice.

Now, the Shadowsword in Apocalypse is the only baneblade variant that does not come with turrets or heavy bolters - volcano cannon, searchlight and smoke launchers only, although the plastic kit doesn't even allow to modelit without at least one set of turrets and one HB because of missing fill-in parts. All those can be bought as upgrades (and all fotos are depicted as such), though.

- Can the Tormentor still take the Shadowsword upgrades at the normal cost? (Hint: In Angel Exterminatus HB, LC turrets, an HK missle and a pintle-mounted Reaper AK are explicitly mentioned...as is the old IA upgrade to increase side armor)

- which "Command Tank" upgrade applies: Apocalypse (counts as a High command) or LACAL p. 81 (re-roll morale in 24")?

- Does "Legion" Shadowsword mean it also has the Space Marine Crew upgrade (BS4) from LACAL p.9?

- which rules for S:D weapons, Thunderblitz etc. are to be used (HH, Apoc or 7th ed.)?

What does LACAL stand for?

I'd pay for the marine crew just to be safe.

I'd use the d weapons rule from hh.

Overall, i'd use as much rules as possible from the hh books.

Legions Astartes Crusade Army List

I'd say the Tormentor would come standard with all the shadowswords sponsons, turrets and pintle-mounted weapons since it's Perturabos personal Pimp Mobile after all.

For Command Tank, I'd use Horus Heresy rules over Apoc since this is 30k :p

Crew would be Space Marines for me since I don't see Perturabo being accepting of non-Astartes working his Tank.

I can only speak intelligently about the D weapons. It seems obvious to me that the Forgeworld books have always been a reprint of BRB rules. Obviously all the current HH books were written in 6th, so the 6th D weapon rules are printed.

Following that logic I would use 7th Ed rules for weapons. It would be hard to justify anything else, in my opinion.

Reconstructing Perturabo's Pimp Mobile, I am a bit puzzled by the rules for it in HH3 p.257:

The Tormentor is a Legion Shadowsword (see Warhammer 40.000: Apocalypse), which also has a Transport capacity of 15 models and one access point to the rear. The Tormentor has the Command Tank upgrade and a single Titan void shield. Tormentor costs [x] points and does not take up a lord of War choice.

Now, the Shadowsword in Apocalypse is the only baneblade variant that does not come with turrets or heavy bolters - volcano cannon, searchlight and smoke launchers only, although the plastic kit doesn't even allow to modelit without at least one set of turrets and one HB because of missing fill-in parts. All those can be bought as upgrades (and all fotos are depicted as such), though.

- Can the Tormentor still take the Shadowsword upgrades at the normal cost? (Hint: In Angel Exterminatus HB, LC turrets, an HK missle and a pintle-mounted Reaper AK are explicitly mentioned...as is the old IA upgrade to increase side armor) - I would say that these are viable and what come as basic on a 'regular' Shadowsword are basic for Pert's - equally I see no reason why you can't buy the upgrades.

- which "Command Tank" upgrade applies: Apocalypse (counts as a High command) or LACAL p. 81 (re-roll morale in 24")? - Use the Heresy rules, it's a Heresy vehicle.

- Does "Legion" Shadowsword mean it also has the Space Marine Crew upgrade (BS4) from LACAL p.9? - I would say it automatically has SM Crew as a)it's named a Legion vehicle AND it's Pert's own (more likely he's got hard-wired centurion drones than meager humans...).

- which rules for S:D weapons, Thunderblitz etc. are to be used (HH, Apoc or 7th ed.)? - I would say Heresy, the main reason the D auto-kill thing was left out of the Heresy is to balance the game, if you add it back in just for the one vehicle then you may as well play Apoc and run about with Warhounds punching out D-Strength auto-kills.

Replies in red

Archived