The Talon Of Horus

The (possibly mocked-up) version you can see in the advert on the BL site looks pretty thick. Not quite 'Vengeful Spirit' length, but thick.

If they have any decency they'll at least post an explanation of what the 'exclusive content' actually is a couple days before it's available to order. It does say 'more details coming soon' after all.

First chapter is very promising. Writing style seems a little more ornate than some previous AD-B books, but that makes sense; a Thousand Sons sorcerer would have a more flamboyant internal monologue than a Grey Knight or Black Templar, after all.

I'm optimistic.

The price is not the most important part. If it is good it could have 40 pages and would still be worth it.

When I was asking about pre/post legion war, I wasn't thinking about heresy. But the titanic war most legions waged in the eye post heresy.

Really, that is what I was looking for, that will be my drug for the next month. I cannot wait to read it. At long last I will learn what happened during the Legion Wars and how the Black Legion came to be. 

The price is not the most important part. If it is good it could have 40 pages and would still be worth it.

When I was asking about pre/post legion war, I wasn't thinking about heresy. But the titanic war most legions waged in the eye post heresy.

I looked (briefly), but couldn't find the bit on ADB's blog to where he talks about this - I'm sure I remember him getting quite specific.

I believe his short story, 'Extinction', was set during the Legion wars and is a 'prequel' to 'Talon Of Horus'. That story sees the Sons Of Horus take heavy losses as (I think) every other Traitor Legion attacks them, while Abaddon is far removed from the action, apparently turning his back on the Sons Of Horus. I think 'ToH' will be set some time after 'Extinction', as I believe it's about a collection of warriors attempting to find Abaddon, who's not been heard of for a while - their objective is to recover Horus' body. Horus' body being stolen by the Emperor's Children is during the Legion Wars, I think? So whether it's still during the Legion Wars is something I can't be sure of. But it's almost certainly not before them. And the sequel to 'Talon Of Horus' will be about kicking off the first Black Crusade, to give context on the timeline.

That's not to say flashbacks/recall of the Legion Wars, Scouring and Heresy are impossible.

From what I get from the (frankly awesome) first chapter, it's during the Legions wars in the Eye.

I looked (briefly), but couldn't find the bit on ADB's blog to where he talks about this

I suspect he's stalking us, sipping a glass of whatever he drinks, petting a cat while smiling at our reactions.

I looked (briefly), but couldn't find the bit on ADB's blog to where he talks about this

I suspect he's stalking us, sipping a glass of whatever he drinks, petting a cat while smiling at our reactions.

So, A D-B is Number One now? Sweet.

Well, I've managed to justify the frankly exorbitant price of 40 quid on the basis that I pay a tenner less than that every time a novella comes out, and it's my birthday that weekend and my grandparents are giving me money.

I swear, it's like a drug habit. I'm not buying any more First Editions though... well, other than the rest of this series probably. Damn this might get expensive.

Dragonlover

It's Aaron Dembski-Bowden's book about Abaddon the Despoiler. It's worth $80 bucks. If you don't have the cash, I'm sure the man will understand. If you do have the cash, and enjoy his writing, it would be a cool badge for the A D-B 'fan club'.

I mean, C S Goto could always write a $12 version, if that would make some happy :P

It's Aaron Dembski-Bowden's book about Abaddon the Despoiler. It's worth $80 bucks. If you don't have the cash, I'm sure the man will understand. If you do have the cash, and enjoy his writing, it would be a cool badge for the A D-B 'fan club'.

I mean, C S Goto could always write a $12 version, if that would make some happy tongue.png

YUP!!!

I mean, C S Goto could always write a $12 version, if that would make some happy :P

"...and on that day, Abaddon did many a backflip in his terminator armor while shooting off his multilaser..."

$80!!! What US website are you looking at? I saw US$65! Don't give me a heart attack like that!

Breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag, breathe into the brown bag...

Meh screw the price I'm buying it regardless in whatever format gets available first. After reading the first chapter at the last weekender I've literally been sitting on pins waiting for a release data for this bad boy. And now, at last, it's here. So this is my pre bonus pay present. My ACTUAL bonus pay present shall be a Sicaran Venator/Fire Raptor/Falchion. Yeah, problems abound there.

Jeske, it's set at the end of the Legion Wars, the point where the Sons of Horus have been all but wiped out and how the remnants of several broken Legions decide to go Abby hunting

Archived